Weird - Mach e will not unlock without pushing unlock button on fob or pushing only the left rear door open button

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
This started within this last couple of days - was working fine before. But when I walk up to the Mach e with both my FOB and iPhone (which is set up as PAAK) in my pocket - the car will not unlock when I push on the side button of the driver's door. Nor will it work if I push on any of the other door unlock button except the driver's side rear door. Strange. I have two fobs (which I've had for a long time) and I have tried to see if having one fob or the other in my pocket would work and tried only having my iPhone. Same result. Once in the car and only having my iPhone on me, the car will still start. Any ideas? - I have tried looking at the locks in the cars settings - but cannot find anything that could explain this.

Oh and BTW I got a $250.00 Ford debit card in the mail from the company yesterday as a "were sorry you've had problems with your ford." Not sure why I got this. I have been if a few times but for small things and the dealer took care of these problems.
Sponsored

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Put a new battery in the FOB

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
This started within this last couple of days - was working fine before. But when I walk up to the Mach e with both my FOB and iPhone (which is set up as PAAK) in my pocket - the car will not unlock when I push on the side button of the driver's door. Nor will it work if I push on any of the other door unlock button except the driver's side rear door. Strange. I have two fobs (which I've had for a long time) and I have tried to see if having one fob or the other in my pocket would work and tried only having my iPhone. Same result. Once in the car and only having my iPhone on me, the car will still start. Any ideas? - I have tried looking at the locks in the cars settings - but cannot find anything that could explain this.

Oh and BTW I got a $250.00 Ford debit card in the mail from the company yesterday as a "were sorry you've had problems with your ford." Not sure why I got this. I have been if a few times but for small things and the dealer took care of these problems.
Mine is similar except it's the passenger rear door that unlocks with PAAK

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Put a new battery in the FOB
Fob is way too new for that. This is a common issue and requires a trip to the dealership to reprogram. You can also do a hard reset of the car by disconnecting the 12v battery, but I’d much prefer to put this in the hands of the dealer.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Fob is way too new for that. This is a common issue and requires a trip to the dealership to reprogram. You can also do a hard reset of the car by disconnecting the 12v battery, but I’d much prefer to put this in the hands of the dealer.
Hi thanks for this. I drove over to the dealer yesterday and made an appointment to have them fix the problem. Hopefully its a one and done.
Sponsored