Weird Noise from under Frunk

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Let me start by saying, this is not the normal bubbling/gurgling sound you would hear when doing FDRS updates, but something else.

Twice now, when I’ve gone to or from my car, roughly under the top beauty cover (had frunk open at time) I’ve heard what can be described as the following:

Electrical arcing type noise (I’m sure it’s not this, but gives you a hint)
Most sounds like when your sucking a straw at a very nearly empty glass.

Car ignition is fully off.

Is it possible there is some coolant fluid reservoir under the top beauty cover that it teetering on near minimum making this sound?

Its quite a disconcerting noise. My car is fully FDRS’d up, and no warnings or DTCs are showing, so I feel this is something “fluidy”

Anyone heard of this or ideas?

I’m trying to record the noise on my dog n bone but it’s so sporadic I’ll be lucky to catch it
Sponsored

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Almost sounds like a Western Digital hard disk that’s on its way out. I could remove the beauty cover but would have to leave it off as the noise is hard to recreate. Just pure luck I caught it then

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
You're positioned right above the ABS HCU (hydraulic control unit) which does make some clunking sounds when the car is first woken up. However yours sounds broken. This is what mine sounds like when the car is woken:

EDIT: Just realized I've never seen a picture under the hood with the frunk removed of a RHD Mach-E. I don't know which things would have switched sides compared to a LHD.

OP
OP
ProximusAl

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds plausible. It could well be that, as I never start the car but opening the doors sometimes causes it. I would have thought if it was broken it might fire off some warnings/DTCS. The car drives fine.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Let me start by saying, this is not the normal bubbling/gurgling sound you would hear when doing FDRS updates, but something else.

Twice now, when I’ve gone to or from my car, roughly under the top beauty cover (had frunk open at time) I’ve heard what can be described as the following:

Electrical arcing type noise (I’m sure it’s not this, but gives you a hint)
Most sounds like when your sucking a straw at a very nearly empty glass.

Car ignition is fully off.

Is it possible there is some coolant fluid reservoir under the top beauty cover that it teetering on near minimum making this sound?

Its quite a disconcerting noise. My car is fully FDRS’d up, and no warnings or DTCs are showing, so I feel this is something “fluidy”

Anyone heard of this or ideas?

I’m trying to record the noise on my dog n bone but it’s so sporadic I’ll be lucky to catch it
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored