Welcome lights

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The Mach-e puddle lights should come on as you approach a locked car. They’re installed in the bottom of the outside mirrors though and only work when those are folded in. Once you press the button to open the door, the mirrors will unfold and the puddle pony will extinguish. Interior lights would be on at that point. If you want something to remain on while your dour is open though, you’ll have to look for an aftermarket solution.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Welcome lights 36EBBD6F-8E76-4195-8F60-7BE9B39CF665

From another thread on the Forum:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Welcome lights 1635142082527

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-turn-on-puddle-lamps.4118/post-124806

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is my thread on having the puddle lamps come on anytime you open the door but it is not the easiest to wire up. Much easier to wire them so they are on anytime the ambient lighting is on (which would also be anytime doors are open) but then they would also be on when the headlights are too which might look a little weird driving down the road at night when the ponies are lit.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ps-come-on-anytime-you-open-mach-e-door.9384/

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OP
OP

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
The Mach-e puddle lights should come on as you approach a locked car. They’re installed in the bottom of the outside mirrors though and only work when those are folded in. Once you press the button to open the door, the mirrors will unfold and the puddle pony will extinguish. Interior lights would be on at that point. If you want something to remain on while your dour is open though, you’ll have to look for an aftermarket solution.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Welcome lights The_Horse_in_Motion-anim

From another thread on the Forum:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-turn-on-puddle-lamps.4118/post-124806
Yeah, thanks. I have that feature turned on. Wanted to see if there is anything I can discreetly wire into the door...

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah, thanks. I have that feature turned on. Wanted to see if there is anything I can discreetly wire into the door...
Probably. There are a few guys on the forum who have a bit of experience in adding accent lighting to the car. This shouldn't be terribly far afield. They might weigh in.

imperator

First Name
Jiyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Needs an animated running pony
You probably don't want that..

This is the Mach-E China version.
Looks quite like a dog instead of a pony.

OP
OP

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
lol, it does kinda look like a dog...

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Here is my thread on having the puddle lamps come on anytime you open the door but it is not the easiest to wire up. Much easier to wire them so they are on anytime the ambient lighting is on (which would also be anytime doors are open) but then they would also be on when the headlights are too which might look a little weird driving down the road at night when the ponies are lit.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ps-come-on-anytime-you-open-mach-e-door.9384/
If by weird you mean awesome!!! Lol

but probably not legal or efficient

NancyW

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Mach E
Country flag
My puddle lights/welcome lights don't work. How do I turn on that feature?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
My puddle lights/welcome lights don't work. How do I turn on that feature?
under Settings->Vehicle->Lighting
you can turn this feature on/off

If this USED to work for you upon approach with PAAK active, and now does not, you may have the same bug I had introduced by the OTA PowerUp v 2.1(2.3) upgrade. This upgrade killed my Ponys upon approach, but interestingly I could still turn them on if I clicked the door 'unlock' button on the FordPass app.

It turned out for me that after I took my MME into the Dealer, and they agreed to do the CSP 21p22 module upgrades, which cannot be done OTA, my Ponys came back. So I would suggest testing to see if the welcome lights come on when you use FordPass door unlock.... and then ask your Dealership to apply the CSP 21p22 updates in hopes of fixing the issue.

Soca-M7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Stinger
under Settings->Vehicle->Lighting
you can turn this feature on/off

If this USED to work for you upon approach with PAAK active, and now does not, you may have the same bug I had introduced by the OTA PowerUp v 2.1(2.3) upgrade. This upgrade killed my Ponys upon approach, but interestingly I could still turn them on if I clicked the door 'unlock' button on the FordPass app.

It turned out for me that after I took my MME into the Dealer, and they agreed to do the CSP 21p22 module upgrades, which cannot be done OTA, my Ponys came back. So I would suggest testing to see if the welcome lights come on when you use FordPass door unlock.... and then ask your Dealership to apply the CSP 21p22 updates in hopes of fixing the issue.
Do you have a Premium/Select/GT?, just want to know if it’s on all model.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Do you have a Premium/Select/GT?, just want to know if it’s on all model.
I have base version Select. The pony puddle light is on all models

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
FYI

I have the basic Select, and only using the FOB for entry. My welcome lights would only turn on when pressing the unlock button on the FOB and not automatically on approach.

I went into the the vehicle menu and under Lighting toggled the Welcome Lighting option off and then back on again.

It is now working as its suppose to!

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well that didn't last long. The turning on automatically on approach stopped working this morning. Went and toggled the option off and back on.

Its now working again. Wonder why it's not sticking!
Sponsored