Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can you share this twitter exchange? I'd like to read it :)
And congrats!!!!
I deleted the original Tweet because I did not want my experience to reflect badly on Ford. But I basically initially asked for help, detailed my exchange with the dealership, and asked why my car was flagged not to be sold. Then I tagged a well known Ford officer and asked if he would mind looking into it. He DMd me. I gave him my VIN. Literally 5 hours later car was cleared. I may or may not ever find out the reason behind the confusion. At this point I don't really care. I just wanted to not buy a Tesla ? (I mean I was damn close to doing so but I'd rather have the MachE).

Do I expect everything to go smoothly now? Realistically no. As we have all seen and or experienced there are some bugs to work out. I'm willing to deal with that being just a few miles from the dealership. As long as I don't have @machefan 's 5G EMP bombing issues causing electromagnetic storms in my EV I'm all good!
Sponsored

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I deleted the original Tweet because I did not want my experience to reflect badly on Ford. But I basically initially asked for help, detailed my exchange with the dealership, and asked why my car was flagged not to be sold. Then I tagged a well known Ford officer and asked if he would mind looking into it. He DMd me. I gave him my VIN. Literally 5 hours later car was cleared. I may or may not ever find out the reason behind the confusion. At this point I don't really care. I just wanted to not buy a Tesla ? (I mean I was damn close to doing so but I'd rather have the MachE).

Do I expect everything to go smoothly now? Realistically no. As we have all seen and or experienced there are some bugs to work out. I'm willing to deal with that being just a few miles from the dealership. As long as I don't have @machefan 's 5G EMP bombing issues causing electromagnetic storms in my my EV I'm all good!
That is amazing, lol. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure he pulled a lever or two, undoubtedly.
Thanks for not abandoning us for big bad Tesla, just yet:)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Do I expect everything to go smoothly now? Realistically no. As we have all seen and or experienced there are some bugs to work out. I'm willing to deal with that being just a few miles from the dealership. As long as I don't have @machefan 's 5G EMP bombing issues causing electromagnetic storms in my my EV I'm all good!
Thats great - you now just need to bug the dealer to ensure all updates are flagged /fixed for your VIN. Did you ever figure out what the issues were? Like are they concerned about real issues with the car or just confusion related hold?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Wow, welcome back to the club!

congrats!

BTW - 6G :)

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I’ve seen infinite blue with space gray in person (and it’s what I have on order), and it looks incredible. If you want to make a statement that screams “LOOK AT ME!!! I’M HERE!!!” Then you want rapid red, grabber blue or cyber orange. If you want a color that will be unlike the sea of gray, white, and black that spans most parking lots, and will look good without getting old, IB is it.
I prefer to make a statement more like "This is not the speeding Mach E you are looking for. Go after that Rapid Red one that has speeding in the name of the color." I am not a fan of the see of Black, Grey and White. Reminds me of before we got Color TV.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Thanks all. I got another call and I will be picking up car on Thursday. So far looking like all will be resolved.

My word of advice for anyone that has same situation (car sitting at dealer on hold and dealership not able to resolve) @Ford on Twitter.
Way more helpful than you would ever expect. Really fantastic customer service via that method.
Awesome news - glad this worked out - looking forward to your first impressions and pictures. Hope you have some time off planned for the at least the few days after you get your Mach-e.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Congrats, and I gotta say dignified way to handle it too. ;) Looking forward to your post delivery report!

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thats great - you now just need to bug the dealer to ensure all updates are flagged /fixed for your VIN. Did you ever figure out what the issues were? Like are they concerned about real issues with the car or just confusion related hold?
I don’t know any specifics but I’m hoping the dealer can tell me all of what went on Thursday. I don’t believe there was ever anything mechanically wrong with the car.

Last edited:

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
I don’t know any specifics but I’m hoping the dealer can tell me all of what went on Thursday. I don’t believe there was ever anything mechanically wrong with the car.
Super happy for you, I hope all works out tomorrow!

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag

I saw your tweet and immediately knew it was you. Really happy to see this getting straightened out. After hearing a bit about your story, I knew it was going to take lot to push you back to tesla. Was hoping things would cool down and an alternative plan would get worked out. Sounds like that happened, so kudos for not knee jerk buying something else.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Wow! So glad to hear about the great customer interaction from Ford. Sounds very different than the customer interactions I’ve heard about with Tesla. Apparently, Elon is given to snarky responses when people reach out to him on social media for help with Tesla issues. I may just have to break down and get a Twitter account (i hate social media).

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag

Glad to hear. It must have been some software update the dealer was supposed to install, but they misunderstood the stop sale order. Otherwise, how could it have been cleared in 5 hours.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sad we have to fight to purchase a vehicle!!!

We will never know what really happened here, but it sounds like a mistake on the dealers part.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
And it's also good news that there isn't some horrible defect that they disovered that will start affecting all of us.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK