Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford really does need to have a MME-specific help desk. Their frontline CSRs have always been quite friendly but generally know far less about the car than regular readers of this board.
This. This would go a long way to alleviate customer frustration. Have a focused, well trained set of staff to help customers with all things MachE.

The Dealers just did not get the required training. COVID really affected the launch of this car.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
This. This would go a long way to alleviate customer frustration. Have a focused, well trained set of staff to help customers with all things MachE.

The Dealers just did not get the required training. COVID really affected the launch of this car.
It boggles the mind. Even one or two people could be a big help and conduit. Ford told me they can't use the Forum as a source of info to troubleshoot, or take concerns. They are still trying to push the dealer troubleshooting model and I can assure you that the average member here knows sway more than any of the dealers.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It boggles the mind. Even one or two people could be a big help and conduit. Ford told me they can't use the Forum as a source of info to troubleshoot, or take concerns. They are still trying to push the dealer troubleshooting model and I can assure you that the average member here knows sway more than any of the dealers.
This will take time to change, they hear us here, just nothing formally.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
This will take time to change, they hear us here, just nothing formally.
I actually don't think the most important engineers do hear us, or if they do are probably under the same gag order as the Apple forums. I get that to some extent, but forums are in practice the best resource on the ground running for all of these companies. I think they are afraid of getting into it in a public setting and so they try to keep them off. They certainly would be smart to at least cull the info from the posts even if they can't officially react and participate.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Going through that process, has PaaK worked for you reliably? Or have you not used that?
PAAK so far is 100% for me. Today I got brave enough to leave FOB while I went out on errands. So far so good.

Last edited:

Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
See if your dealer can do a search for the vehicle you want, then a dealer trade to get it. Sometimes, that will work.

Also, tbh, if I WERE to walk away from my Mustang Mach E (which is still in some quantum state yet, since it hasn't been observed, so it's wave function hasn't collapsed :D ), I'd likely go with the VW ID.4 After all, VW (through both Audi and Porsche) have begun to figure out the whole EV thing out a bit while Ford has mostly been doing hybrids until now (I don't found the Ford Focus Electric - that was a compliance vehicle for California as far as I can tell).
Just on principle, I would not buy a Volkswagen EV. the company circumvented the emissions control systems on 11 million cars. How is that a green company and why should their crimes be rewarded?

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Just on principle, I would not buy a Volkswagen EV. the company circumvented the emissions control systems on 11 million cars. How is that a green company and why should their crimes be rewarded?
They're building up EA across the US? :)

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
EA was/is a huge fine in a different form. There's been very little change of heart on the part of VW AG that I can see.
VW is highest volume EV automaker in Europe. They are quickly phasing out gas vehicles within the next 10-15 years... Seems like a pretty big shift

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Actually, I watched that EE guys video review of the Volkswagen ID.4 (his videos seem reasonably intelligent and don’t blast a lot of house/techno/trance, so they’re tolerable ?) After that review, I’ve crossed the ID.4 off the list of “what would I get if I couldn’t get a Mustang Mach E”. Sadly, Lucid Air is also off the list (extremely expensive and a friend pointed out that they’re connected to the Saudis - yuck. I’d get a Tesla first).
All of the Hyundai products seem to lack AWD and have small battery packs. Volvo is range limited.
Sponsored