Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

mcyee1

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Legacy
Country flag
Yes. It's been at the dealership for two days. Also says 'Delivered to Dealer'

Ford Mustang Mach-E Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21 C656929F-B3E5-4B7D-A908-8109077E2E6A
Wow that's a bummer, so sorry to hear. My dealer in Redwood City told me a couple of days ago that mine is in Richmond (CA) but I haven't been able to get ahold of him since, so I'm worried something like this is going on. I also have a Grabber Blue FE on order.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My local dealer that I had my GT reservation at, which is probably the most popular dealer in my area, their FCTP vehicle has been sitting in Mexico for a while. I'm not sure what was going on. I just checked it and it did finally ship though. ITs production date was in November!

Receipt Date2020-08-08
ETA End Date2021-02-28
Production Date2020-11-27
Ship Date2021-02-08

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wow that's a bummer, so sorry to hear. My dealer in Redwood City told me a couple of days ago that mine is in Richmond (CA) but I haven't been able to get ahold of him since, so I'm worried something like this is going on. I also have a Grabber Blue FE on order.
There are literally hundreds of cars in Richmond California at any given time. It takes the trucking company a fair bit of time to get them delivered through the greater Bay Area.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My local dealer that I had my GT reservation at, which is probably the most popular dealer in my area, their FCTP vehicle has been sitting in Mexico for a while. I'm not sure what was going on. I just checked it and it did finally ship though. ITs production date was in November!

Receipt Date2020-08-08
ETA End Date2021-02-28
Production Date2020-11-27
Ship Date2021-02-08
FCTP cars were given the lowest priority for delivery so that customer cars could be delivered. Now that the backlog of customer cars has been mostly cleared from the factory, FCTP cars are and have made their way to the dealers. No secret work being done on them.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
FCTP cars were given the lowest priority for delivery so that customer cars could be delivered. Now that the backlog of customer cars has been mostly cleared from the factory, FCTP cars are and have made their way to the dealers. No secret work being done on them.
Except all the other dealers around here got their FCTP units almost a month ago at this point. And they were all built much later than this one. I'm not saying anything nefarious is going on, Just a data point.

Its also possible OP's car will actually just go to KC. Maybe it needs whatever fix they are doing there and it somehow didn't get caught initially. Which then would just lead to more mystery about what they are doing there. lol

mcyee1

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Legacy
Country flag
There are literally hundreds of cars in Richmond California at any given time. It takes the trucking company a fair bit of time to get them delivered through the greater Bay Area.
Got it - thanks for that info! Yeah, looks like a pretty big processing station.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Except all the other dealers around here got their FCTP units almost a month ago at this point. And they were all built much later than this one. I'm not saying anything nefarious is going on, Just a data point.

Its also possible OP's car will actually just go to KC. Maybe it needs whatever fix they are doing there and it somehow didn't get caught initially. Which then would just lead to more mystery about what they are doing there. lol
I'm still suspicious. Only one car so far is going back? I think there may be something else going on. Let me know when a couple of hundred go back, then I will admit their is a problem.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

FCTP cars were space available. Sometimes there's space. sometimes not. I know of a very late October 2020 FCTP vehicle that shipped just barely two weeks ago for example.

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?

This forum has been absolutely great. Lots of awesome people here. Enjoy your MachEs!
Man this sucks worse then my situation. To have your car delivered to your dealer only to be yanked away is just awful. Can't imagine what would be so bad that it would need to go back to the plant.

Wishing you the absolutely best with whatever electric car you end up with. I agree with some of the other posts that it may be worth seeing if Ford can get you a Grabber Blue that was cancelled at another dealer. Seems the least they could do to keep a customer.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Sorry to hear. Starting to think I may bail too (my car doesn't come until May). Too many quality issues across the board at Ford right now. I just read an article that they installed the wrong suspension control arms on a bunch of Bronco Sports, and they had issues with improper windshield installation on the F150. I am not reading about these kinds of widespread issues at other automakers.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I agree with malba2366. While I have other life issues that have lead me to not take my order when it arrives I also think this 1st generation is not there yet to spend 50K. Not saying that it is a failure just that for me it is worth waiting a few years and the loss of the tax credit so I that I can be happy with the purchase and not worry about something going wrong.
Sponsored