Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I am so sorry to read this. I know there can be issues with being an early adopter, but this goes way beyond that. I can see why you're bailing, but man...a First Edition in Grabber Blue. That's a lot to walk away from. Wishing you the best.
Sponsored

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
There are literally hundreds of cars in Richmond California at any given time. It takes the trucking company a fair bit of time to get them delivered through the greater Bay Area.
My dealership is in Richmond,Ca so hopefully that means once it’s n the city it’s a quick turnaround.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I would asked to be elevated to Ford Senior Customer Care. They absolutely can get you your car albeit bwith a different VIN, same color FE. You need to be all over social media! This isn't acceptable at all.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
FCTP cars were space available. Sometimes there's space. sometimes not. I know of a very late October 2020 FCTP vehicle that shipped just barely two weeks ago for example.
The dealership my sister works at ordered their FCTP car in August 2020, it just came in a week ago. I drove it a few days back.

IMG_20210222_151110559_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can't the dealer or Ford find an FE Grabber Blue cancellation somewhere and bring it to you? That would be the solution, so push on to your dealer and write to the Ford EV Team.
TBH they really offered nothing. No information as to when the car would be picked up. Dealer told me he thought it was going all the way back to MX. Ford customer service had nothing to tell me regarding how long this was going to take but it sounded like months round trip. There was an odd lack of empathy from either. Just very matter of fact conversation. Honestly if they offered a Premium Ext 4x I’d take it but nope.
I wonder if I had not called if I ever would have heard a thing until the car eventually showed back up at the dealer.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?

This forum has been absolutely great. Lots of awesome people here. Enjoy your MachEs!
Wow that's terrible. Sorry to hear this. This entire pull back may be several months long - Ford should be offering you a replacement vehicle - I am sure they can make one if they chose to or ask the dealer to find a canceled order around and provide you that at least. Yeah may the car has to go back but cant leave you waiting after all this wait. My 2 cents

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am so sorry to read this. I know there can be issues with being an early adopter, but this goes way beyond that. I can see why you're bailing, but man...a First Edition in Grabber Blue. That's a lot to walk away from. Wishing you the best.
I’m more angry with the dealer than anything, This is the second major issue since I placed an order for the car. The first issue was resolved by a Ford Officer I miraculously got a hold of (who is very well known) because the dealer blew it placing my order. I don’t mind being an early adopter. But the absolutely terrible customer service combined with the car arriving and being yanked is just kind of all I can take.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I would asked to be elevated to Ford Senior Customer Care. They absolutely can get you your car albeit bwith a different VIN, same color FE. You need to be all over social media! This isn't acceptable at all.
The answer to all of that is "perhaps." Yes, another car can be scheduled for him. Yes, they could expedite it. But when will that happen and recall we know the parts shortages are affecting the MME assembly line now too. Now, presuming the dealer told him the truth about this, there might be a very good reason it needs to be back at the assembly plant.

This is one of 2 scenarios out here that really bother me, though both are very remote. Bommeranging the car back to Mexico and a dealer selling it out from underneath you.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
This makes me nervous! I did test drive the exact car I ordered and it was amazing, but seeing some of these early issues makes me hesitant.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
TBH they really offered nothing. No information as to when the car would be picked up. Dealer told me he thought it was going all the way back to MX. Ford customer service had nothing to tell me regarding how long this was going to take but it sounded like months round trip. There was an odd lack of empathy from either. Just very matter of fact conversation. Honestly if they offered a Premium Ext 4x I’d take it but nope.
I wonder if I had not called if I ever would have heard a thing until the car eventually showed back up at the dealer.
This lack of empathy is very disappointing, it seems like neither is interested in keeping you as a customer. As I recall you had to scramble because the lease on your previous car was up while the Mach-E launch was delayed, only to encounter this after months of waiting.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This lack of empathy is very disappointing, it seems like neither is interested in keeping you as a customer. As I recall you had to scramble because the lease on your previous car was up while the Mach-E launch was delayed, only to encounter this after months of waiting.
That’s a big part of it. My lease ended in December. I almost gave up then but stuck it out. But now it’s really an issue not having a car and I can’t give Ford the benefit of the doubt without knowing when I’ll actually get the car

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Just read this thread. That’s rough and your decision is understandable. Besides that other option the next competitor is the Polestar 2, but it’s hard to swallow the extra $10k in tariffs and Android Auto.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Forgot to mention dealers in Seattle have offered short lease terms on Leafs for as little as $85/month! I was tempted to get one until I get my GT.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Quickly read through this thread and want to offer my condolences(?) as well, especially as you're also in NorCal. I'm hoping Ford comes through with something as well. There have to be some other FEs out there they can pull strings on in the meantime.

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
That’s a big part of it. My lease ended in December. I almost gave up then but stuck it out. But now it’s really an issue not having a car and I can’t give Ford the benefit of the doubt without knowing when I’ll actually get the car
Dude, that totally blows. So sorry to hear about your situation. ? There are some Rando Calrissians out there to be had tho. I'm living proof!
Sponsored