Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Just checked the status of my grabber blue MME FE . Car was produced on 1/26/21. Original ETA was 3/3/21, though the dealer had expected it on 2/28/21 (not sure where that date came from). Ford tacking site now shows expected delivery on 3/21/21. Paslsapp shows the car delivered from Kansas City to Birmingham, MO on 2/9/21 (presumably for 2nd train ride on to Atlanta).

I'm wondered if there is a broader stop-sale/hold-in-place order going on. It shouldn't take almost two months to get the car from MX to Atlanta.

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
So something is going on with my vehicle too. I spoke to Kansas City Southern, who told me my rail car arrived in KC on 2/17/21 and was unloaded on 2/22/2021. (palsapp still says pending) I was told by the KCS person that the same rail car was headed back to Mexico empty. My delivery window was 3/4/21 to 3/11/2021 and was pushed back today to 3/18/21 to 3/25/21. Crickets from Ford in terms of an e-mail. My dealer is basically lazy and worthless and says they don't know anything other than what is in the VV report which they did send me last week but it's clearly inaccurate. I have no idea if my vehicle is just sitting in KC or has been taken somewhere else or if it even left Mexico honestly (ford corproate says it is in transit).
I seem to be in a similar situation.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Just checked the status of my grabber blue MME FE . Car was produced on 1/26/21. Original ETA was 3/3/21, though the dealer had expected it on 2/28/21 (not sure where that date came from). Ford tacking site now shows expected delivery on 3/21/21. Paslsapp shows the car delivered from Kansas City to Birmingham, MO on 2/9/21 (presumably for 2nd train ride on to Atlanta).

I'm wondered if there is a broader stop-sale/hold-in-place order going on. It shouldn't take almost two months to get the car from MX to Atlanta.
Mine had a similar path about a week prior arrival date to your and headed to Maryland from that ramp. I suspect your call we be at the dealer any day now, regardless of what the tracker says.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
**UPDATE 1 - Dealer called me this am. They are escalating to find out what is going on. Told me they had another car come in that had the same directive from Ford 'Do not sell, return to factory'. Then, two days later, got the ok to sell. So they are now trying to find out from Ford wth is going on.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get answers from Ford. So I'll keep this post updated. Thanks everyone for the well wishes and offers of help.

---------

I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?

This forum has been absolutely great. Lots of awesome people here. Enjoy your MachEs!
Welcome to the Ford cluster f*ck. My car was built 1/15, shipped 1/25, ETA 2/23. Today on the Ford tracker it now has my car 7 days out. The dealer knows nothing, Ford help line knows nothing. This year has been very frustrating. Ordered a GT last January, then not being able to switch from a GT to Premium and, having to ordering from scratch (my place in line be damned). To the total lack of communications on the MACH Drop. To this, no-one at Ford knows where my car is. At this rate my Premium will be here first. Unhappy camper.

MrsLofgreen

First Name
Shawnacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
This looks to me like your car was transferred on 2/9 to the Argentine ramp, which is the departure point for westbound trains. I don’t think many here have seen updates beyond this without having a dealer run a VV report. I’d be encouraged by the 2/9 date as that appears to be the date yours was dropped off. Our car was only dropped off at the Eastbound point on 2/27 and our ETA is 3/8. It’d be a miracle if it made it here by then.
Just spoke with the dealer and my car, plus one more they are waiting on, both show they made it to the rail yard and will be delivered to them tomorrow or Wednesday.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I suspect something is still amiss. Our car was built on 1/8, "shipped" on 1/25, and just today (2/27) palsapp.com showed with the transfer to Norfolk Southern (also nothing about SPEEDWAY.) About half the cars on the shipping receipt were built in November, the other half were early January with none later than 1/8. I don't see it getting here within the 3/2-3/8 window.
A lot of dealer cars were built in November ... but those didn't get any priority on shipping (consumer orders got priority). So I'm guessing those November orders are the dealer cars finally starting to move.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
So something is going on with my vehicle too. I spoke to Kansas City Southern, who told me my rail car arrived in KC on 2/17/21 and was unloaded on 2/22/2021. (palsapp still says pending) I was told by the KCS person that the same rail car was headed back to Mexico empty. My delivery window was 3/4/21 to 3/11/2021 and was pushed back today to 3/18/21 to 3/25/21. Crickets from Ford in terms of an e-mail. My dealer is basically lazy and worthless and says they don't know anything other than what is in the VV report which they did send me last week but it's clearly inaccurate. I have no idea if my vehicle is just sitting in KC or has been taken somewhere else or if it even left Mexico honestly (ford corproate says it is in transit).
My delivery date is also set to 3/4-3/10 for northern California. Palsapp doesn't have any useful information either. Ford website hasn't changed the deliver estimate for me, hopefully it stays that way. I'm going to try my contact at the dealer for any insight.

ScreenCrop-20210301-112013.jpeg

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
My delivery date is also set to 3/4-3/10 for northern California. Palsapp doesn't have any useful information either. Ford website hasn't changed the deliver estimate for me, hopefully it stays that way. I'm going to try my contact at the dealer for any insight.

ScreenCrop-20210301-112013.jpeg
Check your ford.com account. Mine updated today to show a new delivery date and my range of deliver was the same as yours. If you have a VV report, it should show your rail car. Mine as KCS 008163.

EDIT: The tracker now indicates 3/25/21 too

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Can't the dealer or Ford find an FE Grabber Blue cancellation somewhere and bring it to you? That would be the solution, so push on to your dealer and write to the Ford EV Team.
Not sure how far it is from you. But Ford in Haverhill, MA had one FE blue for sale.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
My delivery date is also set to 3/4-3/10 for northern California. Palsapp doesn't have any useful information either.
Palsapp is visibility *only* if Jack-Cooper / North American Trucking co. is the car carrier. It doesn't track cars on trains or if any other car carrier is moving the car.

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer XLT, 2018 Ecosport Titanium,
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
I seem to be in a similar situation.
Same here. My car arrived in Delaware on Feb 9th. Showed Feb 20-26 to dealer. then the dealer VV report showed at stop-ship. then last Friday, the VV showed delivery to dealer Mar 1-8 and no stop-ship Today, it's showing delivery to dealer of Mar 8-16. What the hell is going on? Ford corporate is useless! I chatted with them mid-week last week and they said the car was in transit. They had no clue it was in Delaware. I'm gong to start searching dealer lots.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
What does the color of the status bubble next to origin in PALSAPP mean? Some people have red. Mine is green.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21 ScreenCrop-20210301-112013
Your ETA will likely be moving. Since it's still Pending, that means the car hasn't hit KC yet and been dispatched to Argentine ramp (where West / NorCal deliveries go.).

Once you see an update via Palsapp, add on 3 weeks give or take for delivery to dealer

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
So, now that it's Monday, that means Ford and your dealer are working out the issue today right @Maric ? :rolleyes: ?

I will tell you that reason I’m on this forum is I ordered a Y that arrived with dismal issues. Things ‘might’ be better now and Elon is not in end of year crunch but if you go that route, inspect the car closely before taking delivery.
Sponsored