Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Dealership was actually excellent. Had Ford Options down. $2500 incentive in place. Xplan applied to FE no issue. $100 copilot credit and $1500 CA Clean Vehicle reward all on paperwork.
Very glad to hear it! GOOD. STUFF. There is hope! Congrats, well deserved happy ending :cool:
Sponsored

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I wanted to add a couple things from my experience.

Based on a thread from this forum I removed the car from Ford Pass App prior to picking up car. Scanned the barcode on car and Ford Pass set up perfectly . No issues so far.

Paired phone easily. Galaxy Note 10+ Charges on the pad no issues.

Started car and received message on screen asking if I wanted to use And
doid Auto. Selected Yes. Android Auto worked flawlessly over wireless.

Used OK Ford commands. Car understood and worked well.

Used OK GOOGLE commands with Android Auto. Made calls, sent texts, navigation all via voice perfectly.

So far my experience with software has been excellent.

B&O stereo is sadly average. While I thought the Bass was ok, overall the sound quality is a little tinny And distorts far too low in the volume range. Good but I expected better.

I have only driven the MachE with one pedal driving. Going in reverse was a little odd. But I quickly picked up regular driving. One mistake I made was not setting the car to ā€˜holdā€™ when I come to a stop with one pedal driving. I almost rolled into someone when I took the car out for a test drive ? as I was playing with the screen settings while at a stop light and took my foot off the drive pedal. Oops! With ā€˜holdā€™ setting no longer an issue.

Iā€™ve read from others here no throwback or neck snap when flooring the car. Not my experience. I actually surprised myself because based on some posts here I wasnā€™t expecting the car to shoot forward and throw me back but it sure does!

I found the ride to be very nice, and Iā€™m coming from an Audi Q5 Premium. I thought the seats were very comfortable. If only that wind noise were not there.

Adaptive headlights work well.

Still, Iā€™m waiting for my turn to experience early adopter pains. Weā€™ll see!
Congratulations, man, car looks beautiful. And happy to hear it's fast! That's a big reason I'm getting the ER AWD :D

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Based on a thread from this forum I removed the car from Ford Pass App prior to picking up car. Scanned the barcode on car and Ford Pass set up perfectly . No issues so far.

Used OK GOOGLE commands with Android Auto. Made calls, sent texts, navigation all via voice perfectly.

B&O stereo is sadly average. While I thought the Bass was ok, overall the sound quality is a little tinny And distorts far too low in the volume range. Good but I expected better.

I have only driven the MachE with one pedal driving. Going in reverse was a little odd. But I quickly picked up regular driving. One mistake I made was not setting the car to ā€˜holdā€™ when I come to a stop with one pedal driving. I almost rolled into someone when I took the car out for a test drive ? as I was playing with the screen settings while at a stop light and took my foot off the drive pedal. Oops! With ā€˜holdā€™ setting no longer an issue.

Iā€™ve read from others here no throwback or neck snap when flooring the car. Not my experience. I actually surprised myself because based on some posts here I wasnā€™t expecting the car to shoot forward and throw me back but it sure does!

I found the ride to be very nice, and Iā€™m coming from an Audi Q5 Premium. I thought the seats were very comfortable. If only that wind noise were not there.

Still, Iā€™m waiting for my turn to experience early adopter pains. Weā€™ll see!
Good to hear! I've had no real issues either; drove to work for the first time yesterday with ACC and auto lane keeping and they worked really well. There's a little technique to how much resistance to give the steering wheel, and it doesn't stay exactly centered but after a while I learned to trust it. Android auto is actually pretty great, and using the fob have had no issues with puddle lights, car greeting me, or anything else.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Long journey and congrats!!

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Congrats on bringing it home! I think youā€™ve already had your early adopter pain getting the car from the dealer. Hope everything next is all good, enjoy it!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Done deal. Drove around and put 30 miles just because. Very happy with the car so far. Car is cosmetically perfect. Checked the undercarriage per @ChasingCoral ā€™s advice and all is good. (Dealership probably thought I was nuts). ?

Dealership was actually excellent. Had Ford Options down. $2500 incentive in place. Xplan applied to FE no issue. $100 copilot credit and $1500 CA Clean Vehicle reward all on paperwork.

Only issue I noticed that has been mentioned on this forum is wind noise. Probably a little too much for a car this expensive. But honestly thatā€™s a minor issue to me.

??CAP?? is now home and ready for adventure!

86C8D307-BA1B-40D9-96A0-0611E5261682.png

6D6C4999-B67B-4EEF-BD67-EFF6A2BC5045.png

93F965B7-D41F-4CE7-8845-F517B33DC3D1.png
Glad to hear of the good ending. Now you join the rest of us early adopters.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Done deal. Drove around and put 30 miles just because. Very happy with the car so far. Car is cosmetically perfect. Checked the undercarriage per @ChasingCoral ā€™s advice and all is good. (Dealership probably thought I was nuts). ?

Only issue I noticed that has been mentioned on this forum is wind noise. Probably a little too much for a car this expensive. But honestly thatā€™s a minor issue to me.

Super happy for you, @Maric! I know you were stressing pretty hard and rightfully thought about going to the TSLA dark side. I agree with you about the wind noise. It's there and it's minor, but I'll hold out hope they come up with a fix to make it nearly perfect. Enjoy the miles!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Awesome!

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

Going through that process, has PaaK worked for you reliably? Or have you not used that?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

whooohooo now another good day.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My word of advice for anyone that has same situation (car sitting at dealer on hold and dealership not able to resolve) @Ford on Twitter.
Way more helpful than you would ever expect. Really fantastic customer service via that method.
This is true for many companies these days, including my own. They are extremely sensitive and responsive to Twitter complaints because of the visibility. If you've got a beef with an air travel experience, a bank, a major manufacturer - that's where you should go. It irks me a bit because I don't use Twitter or Facebook because I have some deep-seated concerns about the politically-biased censorship of those platforms. I quit them altogether a while back when all the content control, warning messages, etc. really started to proliferate.

Ford really does need to have a MME-specific help desk. Their frontline CSRs have always been quite friendly but generally know far less about the car than regular readers of this board.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag

@Maric just noticed you're in my neck of the woods. I ordered my MME for Future Ford in Sac, small world ?.

Congrats on getting your ride, it looks sick. Hopefully I'll get mine on time or at least this month too ??.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Congrats on the car, great to hear everything was good cosmetically! As far as the stereo goes, I may just replace a few speakers to correct what I suspect was a cost cutting move (or more samsung in B&O speaker supply.)

Nice weather for your delivery too. Thanks for the report and the reminder tip on ford pass setup.
Sponsored