Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
**UPDATE 3**

CAP is coming home! Car is physically perfect. Only issue I noticed of issues presented on this forum is wind noise. It's not terrible but something that I would expect to be addressed in a car this price. It doesn't bug me but since it was a common complaint here I noticed it at freeway speeds. Minor for me. All else good for the moment we'll see if the gremlins show up! Thanks all for the support.

**UPDATE 2 - I should have car in hand by Thursday. I 'think' there is some confusion as to what cars were affected by what issue. I honestly feel great empathy for Ford. As others with problems have stated here, Ford is going to great lengths to make things right. I think they are, overall, erring on the side of caution, resulting in large inventories of cars being flagged out of precaution. More info as I find out but right now things are looking much more positive.

**UPDATE 1 - Dealer called me this am. They are escalating to find out what is going on. Told me they had another car come in that had the same directive from Ford 'Do not sell, return to factory'. Then, two days later, got the ok to sell. So they are now trying to find out from Ford wth is going on.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get answers from Ford. So I'll keep this post updated. Thanks everyone for the well wishes and offers of help.

---------

I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?

This forum has been absolutely great. Lots of awesome people here. Enjoy your MachEs!

20210304_170402.jpg

20210304_170355.jpg

20210304_170342.jpg

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Wow! Sorry to hear! Could you come back and let us know what you settle on and what your experience is please?

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Boo! Keep an eye out for an abandoned MME? Like yours will be some day now... This could still happen to any of us that are expecting. Mine already sat in Mexico for weeks before shipping bc of some qa delay, maybe the KC delay, maybe your issue. Who knows.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wow! Sorry to hear! Could you come back and let us know what you settle on and what your experience is please?
Thanks. It's a gut punch for sure. Probably going to have to go with the obvious answer, the car that shall not be named. Not sure yet.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Boo! Keep an eye out for an abandoned MME? Like yours will be some day now... This could still happen to any of us that are expecting. Mine already sat in Mexico for weeks before shipping bc of some qa delay, maybe the KC delay, maybe your issue. Who knows.
I suspect there is something going on, which is why others have had their cars sitting in MX. for bizarre lengths of time. Doesn't sound like it's related for Coral's issues at all or they could fix it at the dealership.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?

This forum has been absolutely great. Lots of awesome people here. Enjoy your MachEs!
I'm so sorry to hear this.
I know that I'd want to do the same in this situation.
Here in BC though, I had to pay a $3000 deposit for reserving a FE, (NON-refundable), which is why I'm impatiently waiting and driving my wife's terrible SUV daily.
Whatever you drive next, hope you are happy.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Thanks. It's a gut punch for sure. Probably going to have to go with the obvious answer, the car that shall not be named. Not sure yet.
I’ve considered a used Audi etron. Not enough range for me.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had looked at the etron and agree, it's not a contender. Plus my last car was an Audi and even with their EVs they will find a way to nickel and dime you to death!

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Wow, that’s awful to hear! Definitely going to be waiting now, no need to rush into a first production. I hope you find something you love.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Sad for sure, do you mind sharing your VIN?

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. That is a bummer no matter how you look at it. I wonder if it got damaged in transit. Seems like a one-off.

I had looked at the etron and agree, it's not a contender. Plus my last car was an Audi and even with their EVs they will find a way to nickel and dime you to death!
Not suggesting you get a used e-tron, but the EPA range is close to the actual range -- which isn't all that different than the MME or MY. It can also charge faster than either of those vehicles, so on a road trip it would get from A to B in less time, if that were important.

MJMachForum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My car was built 1-9 with ship of 1-27. I found out yesterday from my dealer that it never left Mexico despite Ford sending me an email that it's on its way on the 27th. VV showed it was released for shipping with expected delivery next week but notes show stop ship. No further details. It sucks your's made it to the dealer just to have to go back.
Sponsored