Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I was not asked to make any deposit from my dealer here in Ottawa. Dealer placed my order and it's already shipped with ETA of 28th Feb
I believe that in Canada the differences between Provinces are multiple and equate to living in a totally different country. It is clear that you Easterners have a lot more benefits from Ford than we do, from rebates/incentives to waiting times to dealership perks.

I just want my car at this time and I'm tired of waiting.
I have totally filled my " be patient" quota for the rest of my life by now.
Sponsored

Smurf

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus SC430
Country flag
This is discouraging. My mach e is supposed to arrive at the dealer between Mar 6 and 12. Now I’m inclined to turn it down and wait for a 2022. I’m in no rush. In fact, anything over MSRP is going to be my cue to walk out and wait for a more kink-free version.

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F250, Mach e (hopefully soon!).
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I can't help but wonder if this is what happened to ours as well. I have no evidence that it actually left the factory, in spite of a 1/8 build date and 1/25 ship date. Delivery window is 2-8 March, but Palsapp never updated. I am now getting worried hearing all of these stories. Trying to remain hopeful.
All of this seems so random. I had the exact same dates as you for build, ship and delivery window. It was in KC for about 10 days. It showed dispatched last Sunday and showed up at my dealership on Wednesday the 24th. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Mine was also supposed to be delivered today to Sunnyvale so looks like I might be in the same situation. Dealer basically refuses to get me VV or further info since the build date of 12/10.

The car was in KC for over a month.

With help from a member of the forum I be could see the car was crossing through New Mexico a few days ago, nothing has changed on eta with Ford, still end date 2/27.

My ER RWD Premium was built 12/8, shipped and scheduled for delivery by today according to the Ford website. I talked to the dealer yesterday, who checked their system (OASIS?) and had the train number (routed through Kansas City), the train car number, the ramp number in the train car and the parking spot on the ramp! I had no idea they got that granular with shipping details.

Bad news is that the car isn't delivered yet. Dealer read from the system that mine is one of three in that shipment to Redwood City CA, and one was recalled somehow somewhere along the line. He said the next delivery dates they have for cars on order to RWC is March 11-18.

So it looks like I'm in the queue with all of you who are still waiting and not getting much more reliable information. It's all a bit foggy ...

Last edited:

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Might not even be one of the functional problems we've heard about, but rather a car that simply got damaged during shipping. That happens sometime too. Didn't get strapped down right, or scraped the undercarriage while unloading, drove off the edge of the ramp, etc.
This is what jumped in to my head when I first read the post too.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is what jumped in to my head when I first read the post too.
I don't think this is the case, unless the car sent a message back to Ford. Reason I say this is the dealer says car looks perfect. They just got a directive from Ford that it has to go back, with no details.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Maybe they find your rear motor on a shelf ??‍♂

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It just keeps getting stranger. Glad to see they the dealer is trying to lend some assistance, thanks for the update. ? for you.

**UPDATE 1 - Dealer called me this am. They are escalating to find out what is going on. Told me they had another car come in that had the same directive from Ford 'Do not sell, return to factory'. Then, two days later, got the ok to sell. So they are now trying to find out from Ford wth is going on.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get answers from Ford. So I'll keep this post updated. Thanks everyone for the well wishes and offers of help.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It just keeps getting stranger. Glad to see they the dealer is trying to lend some assistance, thanks for the update. ? for you.
It does. I had thrown in the towel but I'm invested in finding out what's up. I was surprised to hear from the dealer this AM and that they have the President of the dealership trying to get answers.

In the meantime I'm hitting up Ford on Twitter to try and get answers on my end. Somewhere in between I should be able to report back some details on what exactly the issue is.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
**UPDATE 1 - Dealer called me this am. They are escalating to find out what is going on. Told me they had another car come in that had the same directive from Ford 'Do not sell, return to factory'. Then, two days later, got the ok to sell. So they are now trying to find out from Ford wth is going on.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get answers from Ford. So I'll keep this post updated. Thanks everyone for the well wishes and offers of help.
I am truly on the edge of my seat from all the ups and downs. Good luck! Seriously hoping you get your car at the end of all this...

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is discouraging. My mach e is supposed to arrive at the dealer between Mar 6 and 12. Now I’m inclined to turn it down and wait for a 2022. I’m in no rush. In fact, anything over MSRP is going to be my cue to walk out and wait for a more kink-free version.
Your price for the car is already set in your order. If you've agreed to pay over MSRP, it's going to be in the contract. If you haven't, it won't. There may be attempts at various add-on's but you're under no obligation to accept those.

Your choice is going to boil down to what your tolerance is for a first-year new technology model. If you're not comfortable with that, you should think carefully about what you do. It's also a bit irrelevant to this discussion. Presuming the dealer is telling the truth (and we have no reason to think otherwise), there's something off with the car that can not or should not be repaired by the dealer. Not the same issue you've raised.

Karizzmma

First Name
Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4x
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Wow that's a bummer, so sorry to hear. My dealer in Redwood City told me a couple of days ago that mine is in Richmond (CA) but I haven't been able to get ahold of him since, so I'm worried something like this is going on. I also have a Grabber Blue FE on order.
My Dealer is Towne Ford too. What was your build date? We’re you tracking on Palsapp? Did it go to KC? Just curious because mine is getting close.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine was also supposed to be delivered today to Sunnyvale so looks like I might be in the same situation. Dealer basically refuses to get me VV or further info since the build date of 12/10.

The car was in KC for over a month.

With help from a member of the forum I be could see the car was crossing through New Mexico a few days ago, nothing has changed on eta with Ford, still end date 2/27.
I seriously wonder if your car is sitting at your dealership. Hope you get some news today and hope it's good. If not, I suspect our cars are in some form of recall stasis for the same issue.

I'm not saying I don't blame @ChasingCoral for all of this but I'm not saying I'm not. ? ;)

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wow that's a bummer, so sorry to hear. My dealer in Redwood City told me a couple of days ago that mine is in Richmond (CA) but I haven't been able to get ahold of him since, so I'm worried something like this is going on. I also have a Grabber Blue FE on order.
What does Ford Tracking say?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'll probably call the dealer tomorrow, but my tracking doesn't say delivered yet. I suspect they just need to update my ETA, but you may be right about some weird new stop ship or whatever they want to call it. Checking the website for the Sunnyvale dealer I see they have 8 "available," but not mine. I did see a GB FE though ;) . I'm assuming most are awaiting their customers, but the red FE I looked at a week ago that was available is still there.

Thanks for the kind wishes, I hope you get some answers at least. Moving on to that other car brings up the issue of potential new tax credits in a few months (been thinking about that myself) and the rest of the potential problems well known on this forum.

I seriously wonder if your car is sitting at your dealership. Hope you get some news today and hope it's good. If not, I suspect our cars are in some form of recall stasis for the same issue.
Sponsored