Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
I suspect something is still amiss. Our car was built on 1/8, "shipped" on 1/25, and just today (2/27) palsapp.com showed with the transfer to Norfolk Southern (also nothing about SPEEDWAY.) About half the cars on the shipping receipt were built in November, the other half were early January with none later than 1/8. I don't see it getting here within the 3/2-3/8 window.
Sponsored

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Yeah. You know I don't dislike Tesla. But after the MachE drama yesterday, I was not excited to go configure a 3 or Y LR. I really like the MachE and where I live in a sea of Teslas it would be nice to drive something different. I really hope Ford has all hands on deck to get these issues resolved and reliable cars in customer's garages. I'm not interested in any of the VWs, Bolt, Leaf, etc. I want a sporty EV and not many choices are affordable. So we'll see what happens. If Telsa get's the $7K tax credit as rumored and the MachE issues are not resolved then I'm really going to be forced to make a decision.
totally understand. Based on all the reported issues I have just re looked at a Tesla Y. Just read they will offer their lower range (250ish) for about $41K

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
totally understand. Based on all the reported issues I have just re looked at a Tesla Y. Just read they will offer their lower range (250ish) for about $41K
not to put too fine a point on it, but if your response to "there's some early Mach-E issues" is "buy a Tesla", you have quite a surprise coming.

OP
OP
Maric

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I will tell you that reason Iā€™m on this forum is I ordered a Y that arrived with dismal issues. Things ā€˜mightā€™ be better now and Elon is not in end of year crunch but if you go that route, inspect the car closely before taking delivery.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
not to put too fine a point on it, but if your response to "there's some early Mach-E issues" is "buy a Tesla", you have quite a surprise coming.
You based your opinion of me by one post! Note I said re looked. Iā€™m aware of Teslaā€™s issues. Also aware of ford. It took them 5 months to replace my battery in my focus back in 2018. Zero communication. Iā€™m actually fine with the software issues, but quality issues are popping up all over the place. Mines due in a day or two. I will definitely spend some time inspecting everything - didnā€™t think I would need to but your crazy if you donā€™t

mcyee1

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Legacy
Country flag
My Dealer is Towne Ford too. What was your build date? Weā€™re you tracking on Palsapp? Did it go to KC? Just curious because mine is getting close.
Build date was November 27, I was tracking on Palsapp but not too closely - made it to KC, was supposed to be delivered on January 14, but then got the delay email. Now my window is 2/20 to 2/26, Ford Tracker ETA is 2/27 (today!), but dealer doesn't know the status. Just knows it's in the Richmond processing station. Pretty frustrating, but decided just to be calm about it and know I'll get it when I get it.

mcyee1

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Legacy
Country flag
What does Ford Tracking say?
Tracking says supposed to be here today! But dealer doesn't know status. It's supposedly in Richmond but someone else on here said there's hundreds of cars there so they're either trying to find transport or sending it back.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I suspect something is still amiss. Our car was built on 1/8, "shipped" on 1/25, and just today (2/27) palsapp.com showed with the transfer to Norfolk Southern (also nothing about SPEEDWAY.) About half the cars on the shipping receipt were built in November, the other half were early January with none later than 1/8. I don't see it getting here within the 3/2-3/8 window.
Thatā€™s coincidence or something else? Weā€™re they checking out some of the early builds based on customer issues? Itā€™s actually great if they did

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Best of luck man, it really sounds like a crossed wire between ford and the dealership, and I really hope that's all it is.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Knowing it's in Richmond is news to me but I'll take it. You can see my dates below, was supposed to be in Sunnyvale by today, no update on the tracker but I suspect it is sitting not far from yours.

Patience is certainly called for, although I'm almost ready to head up to Richmond just to see if it's there and in what condition. It looks to me like the train left later than expected since it was still moving through KS on the 19th. Maybe we will receive news this week.

Build date was November 27, I was tracking on Palsapp but not too closely - made it to KC, was supposed to be delivered on January 14, but then got the delay email. Now my window is 2/20 to 2/26, Ford Tracker ETA is 2/27 (today!), but dealer doesn't know the status. Just knows it's in the Richmond processing station. Pretty frustrating, but decided just to be calm about it and know I'll get it when I get it.

MrsLofgreen

First Name
Shawnacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Is there supposed to be an update on PalsApp once it gets to KC? Mine hasn't updated since making it to KC on the 9th. ETA for delivery is 2/24 - 3/3 in Arizona.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21 1614520025444

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Is there supposed to be an update on PalsApp once it gets to KC? Mine hasn't updated since making it to KC on the 9th. ETA for delivery is 2/24 - 3/3 in Arizona.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21 1614520025444
This looks to me like your car was transferred on 2/9 to the Argentine ramp, which is the departure point for westbound trains. I donā€™t think many here have seen updates beyond this without having a dealer run a VV report. Iā€™d be encouraged by the 2/9 date as that appears to be the date yours was dropped off. Our car was only dropped off at the Eastbound point on 2/27 and our ETA is 3/8. Itā€™d be a miracle if it made it here by then.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This looks to me like your car was transferred on 2/9 to the Argentine ramp, which is the departure point for westbound trains. I donā€™t think many here have seen updates beyond this without having a dealer run a VV report. Iā€™d be encouraged by the 2/9 date as that appears to be the date yours was dropped off. Our car was only dropped off at the Eastbound point on 2/27 and our ETA is 3/8. Itā€™d be a miracle if it made it here by then.
Mine unloaded and transferred in KC on 2/9 too. Except to the Birmingham ramp. Made it to Denver 2/19 via Union Pacific and I picked it up the next day. It's probably around a week longer to CA. But it also appears some sit backed up longer in KC waiting for a train out. Maybe due to higher volume on that route?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Mine unloaded and transferred in KC on 2/9 too. Except to the Birmingham ramp. Made it to Denver 2/19 via Union Pacific and I picked it up the next day. It's probably around a week longer to CA. But it also appears some sit backed up longer in KC waiting for a train out. Maybe due to higher volume on that route?
Or waiting to fill a traincar. I doubt they'll head out with a partially filled car.
Sponsored