Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
November 27 - I know that probably means something but I haven't read the relevant threads in detail enough to understand (i.e. the early builds have some issue that the later builds do not). :)
My FE was built Nov 28 and finally received it last week. So far no issues, but I'm in CA, so not subject to the wicked cold.

I do have the screen whine (minor) and the wind noise however. Otherwise it has performed well thus far!

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
My Situation:

My MME: Premium - RWD - XR Battery - Carbonized Gray w/ Black Onyx
Produced on 02-15 - Shipped on 02-24 - ETA 04-07 - palsapp is pending

The car my dealer ordered as a demo is identical except Infinite Blue
Produced on 11-25 - Shipped on 02-06 - ETA 03-20 - palsapp is delivered to KC on 02-28

Could possibly buy my Dealer's demo if I wanted to. It would be here 2.5 weeks sooner. But who knows how accurate any of these delivery dates are?

My question is that since that demo car is a really early build, will it have all of the problems I have been reading about here? Have they been corrected? After all, it sat in Mexico for 2.5 months before being shipped,

This will be our only car, and it has to be reliable!

My real problem is with FMC. If there are problems that need to be corrected, I am fine with that. If it takes some extra time, that is fine as well. After all, delivery will be 15 months since I reserved, so what is another week or two. But not listing exactly what all the issues are and something to show that everything has been updated before I drive it off the lot is just inexcusable! You also have to keep your Dealers in the loop with all of this.

Issues I am aware of, which may not be everything:

12 LVB losing charge - fixed with a software update
What is the update number and can I check to see if it has been installed?
Is there some assurance that the LVB has not been damaged by this problem?

Whine from the display - is this being fixed?

Wind noise from the roof glass - is this being fixed?

PAAK - Works. Doesn't work. Works sometimes?
A fix will be out in April - maybe? Not very reassuring. And shipping with one fob when PAAK is flakey is not acceptable. FMC, dig deep into your pocket and provide a second fob at no charge to any 2021 MME purchaser when the primary user of PAAK can demonstrate that PAAK is not working. Or if that is too much to ask, sell us one at a max cost of $100.00 including programming and have it available immediately at my dealership. IMHO, anything else is really kind of insulting when I am spending $50,000.00+ for a vehicle I can't enter.

I have been in the computer business for over 40 years, so I am well aware of the bleeding edge problems of new equipment. But I am also aware that if a customer is unhappy, I have to do what it takes to make it right or I will not keep that customer for very long.

JMHO

Jim

Reactions: UW2

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Could possibly buy my Dealer's demo if I wanted to. It would be here 2.5 weeks sooner. But who knows how accurate any of these delivery dates are?
You can not purchase your dealer's demo vehicle until your dealer has had it in demo service for 4 calendar months or the odometer has reached 4,000 miles, whichever comes first. They can not sell the vehicle before that.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
My Situation:

My MME: Premium - RWD - XR Battery - Carbonized Gray w/ Black Onyx
Produced on 02-15 - Shipped on 02-24 - ETA 04-07 - palsapp is pending

The car my dealer ordered as a demo is identical except Infinite Blue
Produced on 11-25 - Shipped on 02-06 - ETA 03-20 - palsapp is delivered to KC on 02-28
I would wait. My Grabber Blue FE looks awesome, but it’s at the dealer with 12v battery issues (Built on Nov 13). I believe Ford will fix it, but it doesn’t appear to be as simple as using THE “software update” that worked on another MMe. If it’s your only car, and by waiting a few weeks you get an MMe that was built almost 3 months later configured the way you want it, seems like an easy decision.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I would wait. My Grabber Blue FE looks awesome, but it’s at the dealer with 12v battery issues (Built on Nov 13). I believe Ford will fix it, but it doesn’t appear to be as simple as using THE “software update” that worked on another MMe. If it’s your only car, and by waiting a few weeks you get an MMe that was built almost 3 months later configured the way you want it, seems like an easy decision.
Did they actually update yours? I feel like the dealer and Ford do a dance first, but in my opinion and noted by others the AGM battery might be the culprit due to the long period of time sitting around and not going anywhere. When in transport mode I am guessing the AGM is not tendered at all. I bet they replace your 12V AGM and all is good again if it turns out not to be software.

Hope they get it back to you soon, I know they are focused on getting all issues ironed out.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSW

Brady33

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC
Country flag
**UPDATE 1 - Dealer called me this am. They are escalating to find out what is going on. Told me they had another car come in that had the same directive from Ford 'Do not sell, return to factory'. Then, two days later, got the ok to sell. So they are now trying to find out from Ford wth is going on.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get answers from Ford. So I'll keep this post updated. Thanks everyone for the well wishes and offers of help.

---------

I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?

This forum has been absolutely great. Lots of awesome people here. Enjoy your MachEs!
I'm in a similar position as you. Ordered on reveal night, built in mid-December, shipped on December 31st, was caught up in the massive delay, and finally was told car would be delivered on February 20th. Then, I was told the car would not be delivered as scheduled and it was being sent back to the factory. They told me I should not expect the car BEFORE March 16th. What the heck is going on? I'm still waiting, trying to patient. I just wish I had more clarification.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm in a similar position as you. Ordered on reveal night, built in mid-December, shipped on December 31st, was caught up in the massive delay, and finally was told car would be delivered on February 20th. Then, I was told the car would not be delivered as scheduled and it was being sent back to the factory. They told me I should not expect the car BEFORE March 16th. What the heck is going on? I'm still waiting, trying to patient. I just wish I had more clarification.
If it's really going back to the factory, there's no way it's getting there, being fixed, and shipped all the way back by 3/16. Mine left Mexico on 2/9 and has an ETA of 4/2.

Did you call Ford and try to escalate? More of an explanation is warranted.

Brady33

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC
Country flag
If it's really going back to the factory, there's no way it's getting there, being fixed, and shipped all the way back by 3/16. Mine left Mexico on 2/9 and has an ETA of 4/2.

Did you call Ford and try to escalate? More of an explanation is warranted.
Clarification: To be fair, I may have implied 'factory'. The dealer said 'being re-routed for quality assurance'. I guess I took that, along with what was on this thread, to mean 'back to the factory', but maybe I'm wrong in implying such a conclusion. I'm working to escalate the situation.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I'm sorry this is happening to you.
It makes me worry for sure. as my car was built the same time as yours, shipped days apart only and ETA for me was Febr 17th.
This then became March 30th
It spent 11 days at the SPEEDWAY which is where I understand Ford works on the known issues and once fixed, was put on a Railcar last week towards final destination.
The fact that some cars built around the same time, are sent without delay and have been received, others are fixed at the Speedway and yet others are returned to the factory last minute, does not instill any confidence.
The call from the dealership should make me excited, now I just wonder if it is doomed to be a disappointment?

Brady33

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC
Country flag
I'm sorry this is happening to you.
It makes me worry for sure. as my car was built the same time as yours, shipped days apart only and ETA for me was Febr 17th.
This then became March 30th
It spent 11 days at the SPEEDWAY which is where I understand Ford works on the known issues and once fixed, was put on a Railcar last week towards final destination.
The fact that some cars built around the same time, are sent without delay and have been received, others are fixed at the Speedway and yet others are returned to the factory last minute, does not instill any confidence.
The call from the dealership should make me excited, now I just wonder if it is doomed to be a disappointment?
Sorry this is happening to you. For what it's worth, my palsapp data had 2 rows. 1. Birmingham, MO - Delivered on January 24th. 2. Kansas City, KS - Pending. I've pretty much just been ignoring this data altogether.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
Sorry this is happening to you. For what it's worth, my palsapp data had 2 rows. 1. Birmingham, MO - Delivered on January 24th. 2. Kansas City, KS - Pending. I've pretty much just been ignoring this data altogether.
I remember this on Palsapp as well.
First entry stated that it was in KC and "pending"
This was for a long time and then suddenly showed delivered to SPEEDWAY, and 11 days later showed a delivery receipts for Richards Gebaur last week.
As I understand, the first stop was where it got off the train from Mexico. The SPEEDWAY is the facility where Ford worked on it, replacing suspect parts, doing updates etc.
The Delivery notice at RG was where is was dropped off next after completion to be loaded onto railcar for final destination.
My dealership confirmed this and gave me a railcar #.
So the hope is that it had started to 3000km journey from KC to my dealer last week, however long this would take.
My hope is that the time spent at SPEEDWAY fixes all and overall would be better than time spent on fixes once I receive it.
Still blows my mind that the ETA is March 30th, meaning they estimate less than 10km a day distance travelled.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Clarification: To be fair, I may have implied 'factory'. The dealer said 'being re-routed for quality assurance'. I guess I took that, along with what was on this thread, to mean 'back to the factory', but maybe I'm wrong in implying such a conclusion. I'm working to escalate the situation.
Maybe these vehicles that are going back to the "factory" are really just going to the Speedway. That would make a lot more sense, but I wouldn't be surprised if a dealer or Ford CSR doesn't know the difference.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I'm a Northerner,too. I run one of the Alaska locations. Spent a week at your site in Tromso about 10 years ago. What kind of MME did you order?
First Edition, Rapid Red. AWD and the red goes well with the snow I figured.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
What are the build dates in question?
I know mine is wrapped up in something being done for sure as I got a 2-week delay yesterday after my car was unloaded in KC on 2/22/21 and my production date was 1/22/21 (started on 1/7/21).
Sponsored