Well It's Been Fun - Ford Just Pulled My Car Back to Factory **UPDATE 3** 3-4-21

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?

This forum has been absolutely great. Lots of awesome people here. Enjoy your MachEs!
sorry to hear. good luck and stay in touch about your EV choice
Sponsored

Bdunn

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer XLT, 2018 Ecosport Titanium,
Occupation
Aviation Consultant
Country flag
Well mine was build Jan 9th and just been delivered to the dealer so I will make sure that they check in the OASIS system if mine has the latest software update. ?
Mine was also built on Jan 9th and shipped Jan 19th. It's been sitting in Delaware since Feb 9th with a delivery to dealer of Feb 20-26, Didn't occur but history report from dealer did show a stop-ship. Now Ford tracker & Ford Owner site both show Mar 1-6 to dealer - which by the way is only about 3 hours max from Delaware. Stop Ship no longer shows in dealer history report. I guess we will see if this one holds true.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Well mine was build Jan 9th and just been delivered to the dealer so I will make sure that they check in the OASIS system if mine has the latest software update. ?
Mine was also built Jan 9. I took possession Feb 9. Oasis shows it is clear. Hope the same is true for yours!

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
I happened to check Ford Tracking since my arrival date was 2/27. Apparently my Grabber Blue FE came in Wed. 2/24. Dealer did not contact me which I thought was bizarre. I called and spoke with the sales guy and he told me the car has to go back to the factory. He said Ford contacted them not to sell the car but gave no explanation and he had no details as to why.

I called Ford customer service and they looked up VIN, no details. They made some calls but could get no information other than yes, car had to go back to the factory.

It's odd because my build date was somewhat late. 1/25/21. But I guess there is a major issue. Bad enough it can't be fixed at the dealership. Car is still sitting there so who knows when it will make it back, how long to fix, how long to get back, etc.

I can't wait any longer so another EV it will be for me. Disappointed but what are ya going to do?

This forum has been absolutely great. Lots of awesome people here. Enjoy your MachEs!
My ER RWD Premium was built 12/8, shipped and scheduled for delivery by today according to the Ford website. I talked to the dealer yesterday, who checked their system (OASIS?) and had the train number (routed through Kansas City), the train car number, the ramp number in the train car and the parking spot on the ramp! I had no idea they got that granular with shipping details.

Bad news is that the car isn't delivered yet. Dealer read from the system that mine is one of three in that shipment to Redwood City CA, and one was recalled somehow somewhere along the line. He said the next delivery dates they have for cars on order to RWC is March 11-18.

So it looks like I'm in the queue with all of you who are still waiting and not getting much more reliable information. It's all a bit foggy ...

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
I'm so sorry to hear this.
I know that I'd want to do the same in this situation.
Here in BC though, I had to pay a $3000 deposit for reserving a FE, (NON-refundable), which is why I'm impatiently waiting and driving my wife's terrible SUV daily.
Whatever you drive next, hope you are happy.
You should degenitely argue with your dealer! He might have decided unlawfully to ask for a non-refundable deposit! Here in Quebec (still in Canada, right?), I put a 250$ refundable deposit!!

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Whatever this is, if I were you, I'd definitely re-evaluate my options. Truth is this launch has been pretty bad. I probably wouldn't do it if I had to do it again. Loads of little problems and a few big ones. It's just not worth the aggravation. If I wanted aggravation, I would have just got the Tesla. Depending on how Ford handles all the little things, which are mainly poorly implemented, and in may cases, unfinished software programming, If they can hurry up and fix the software glitches and other things, then maybe it will be worth being an early adopter. But for now I can't recommend this choice to anyone.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The more I think about this, the less sense it makes. Ford really owes you more of an explanation. Is there any escalation path at Ford other than tweeting executives?
I agree. If there was something so horrible wrong that it couldn’t be fixed locally why would they spend all that money shipping it to Mexico rather than just junk it?

There has got to be more to this story that Ford isn’t talking about.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
You should degenitely argue with your dealer! He might have decided unlawfully to ask for a non-refundable deposit! Here in Quebec (still in Canada, right?), I put a 250$ refundable deposit!!
Like some many other posts here, I have nothing positive to say about the dealership yet.
As this is my first Ford experience, I'm trying to remain hopeful.
The FE deposit was $3000, but $500 for every other trim.
I did not really worry much about the non -refundable part as I wasn't planning on cancelling.
Sure, if there is a big problem with the car and I do cancel it, I will fight them.

saurez7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Red
Country flag
Like some many other posts here, I have nothing positive to say about the dealership yet.
As this is my first Ford experience, I'm trying to remain hopeful.
The FE deposit was $3000, but $500 for every other trim.
I did not really worry much about the non -refundable part as I wasn't planning on cancelling.
Sure, if there is a big problem with the car and I do cancel it, I will fight them.
I was not asked to make any deposit from my dealer here in Ottawa. Dealer placed my order and it's already shipped with ETA of 28th Feb

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I suspect there is something going on, which is why others have had their cars sitting in MX. for bizarre lengths of time. Doesn't sound like it's related for Coral's issues at all or they could fix it at the dealership.
Might not even be one of the functional problems we've heard about, but rather a car that simply got damaged during shipping. That happens sometime too. Didn't get strapped down right, or scraped the undercarriage while unloading, drove off the edge of the ramp, etc.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Whatever this is, if I were you, I'd definitely re-evaluate my options. Truth is this launch has been pretty bad. I probably wouldn't do it if I had to do it again. Loads of little problems and a few big ones. It's just not worth the aggravation. If I wanted aggravation, I would have just got the Tesla. Depending on how Ford handles all the little things, which are mainly poorly implemented, and in may cases, unfinished software programming, If they can hurry up and fix the software glitches and other things, then maybe it will be worth being an early adopter. But for now I can't recommend this choice to anyone.
Early 2021 MMEs are for people that are willing to take the "early adopter of a radically new vehicle" risks. That requires more tolerance than normal car buying, because it's almost guaranteed to be a bumpy road. The ones arriving in 5 months will surely have a lot of the kinks worked out. Even more so the 2022's.

This is the price we pay if we want one from the first batch. And to be fair, COVID has doubled the number of rocks in that bumpy road.
Sponsored