Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Nothing, except the knowledge that I can expect a software update in the not too distant future..
Gonna drive my car, enjoy the ride, and proceed about my business.

Maybe those *were* the droids we were looking for?
Sponsored

rmins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem Mach E SR RWD
Country flag
IMO, we should try to limit DCFC (use level 1 and 2 charging instead) and 'wide pedal events' (pedal to the metal as they say), based on reading the recall notice. Other than those 2 items, should be able to operate the vehicle as usual.

OP
OP
DrJay32

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
I’m sure we will be fine. Even though those two scenarios were called out, there been no direction from Ford to drivers to change the ways they operate their vehicles.

SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
IMO, we should try to limit DCFC (use level 1 and 2 charging instead) and 'wide pedal events' (pedal to the metal as they say), based on reading the recall notice. Other than those 2 items, should be able to operate the vehicle as usual.
Not charging is a severe restriction. As for not flooring the accelerator in a sports car... ouch. Let's hope for a fast resolution to this issue.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not charging is a severe restriction. As for not flooring the accelerator in a sports car... ouch. Let's hope for a fast resolution to this issue.
I don’t think we need to stop DCFC or 0-60s, just take it a bit easier until we get the update.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I'm hoping for new parts to make it compliant with the design intent, not a watering down software "update."

OP
OP
DrJay32

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
No one has said to do either of these things. It's simply people "reading between the lines" of the official recall document and getting themselves completely worked up over it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm leaving on a long road trip so for the next week it's DCFC city. Wish me luck.
Just don't floor it out of the station!

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Looking back at Tesla, they had a similar issues from 2015 -2021. While also a Low number of occurrences, still have them.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/simple-solution-for-the-p85d-contactor-problem.52017/

This link below discusses Contactors 'In Great Depth' it appears their job is hazardous and difficult to begin with but they are necessary.

https://chargedevs.com/features/a-closer-look-at-contactors/

a quick internet search comes up will all kind of EV contactor 'deaths' in the line of duty.

My question is why can't this part be close to an opening or designed for easy replacement if they fail?

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Fear is they're going to continue with these over the air updates and they're gonna start crippling the performance of the vehicle and if so maybe it's time to start a class action lawsuit.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No one has said to do either of these things. It's simply people "reading between the lines" of the official recall document and getting themselves completely worked up over it.
Who made you the voice of reason, huh? I was trying to be that... :D

Last edited:

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just don't floor it out of the station!
I think that's reasonable based on what the recall says.

On the other hand, just anecdotally, from people who have posted about this problem on this forum, I can't recall very many, if anyone saying something like:

'Everything was fine until we DCFCed, and then after we got to the hotel, we couldn't start the car again'.

Or 'there I was opening it up on a nice open section of freeway, and then after we ate at the restaurant and we're ready to leave, we could not get into gear'.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Fear is they're going to continue with these over the air updates and they're gonna start crippling the performance of the vehicle and if so maybe it's time to start a class action lawsuit.
Your fear is baseless until we know exactly what the solution will be. Please stop.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
I can do level 1, but it isn't practical. I can't do level 2 because I don't have 220 in my apartment. I rely on DCFC and Level 1 to top it off. I drive 65 miles per day. I don't have many options.
Sponsored