Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s in your Frunk 1623486817093

This past weekend on a WiFi deployment.

2 x Ubiquiti AC AP LR's
3 x Reolink Lumus HD cameras
2x 50FT CAT6 cable for PoE runs
Pair of Reef Sandals (deployment was in Seaside Park, free oceanfront condo for the weekend)
Micofiber Towels
Meguiars Waterless Wash and Wax
Meguiars Waterless Wheel & Tire
2 sets of 32ft RGB LED strips (install for a friend)
1x Bottle of CG Tire Kicker
1x Bottle of Meguiars All Season Dressing
QuikClot Field Trauma Kit, Halo Seal & Tourniquet in Persil.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Micofiber Towels
Meguiars Waterless Wash and Wax
Meguiars Waterless Wheel & Tire
I’m getting the feeling that these are standard issue things I should be keeping in the car. Does the waterless stuff work well/not scratch?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Ford pump, charger in bag w Tesla Tap, tire plug kit w gloves, 2 camping lanterns, plug in 12volt work light, a wisk broom, thermacell, 3 emergency Ponchos. Divider removed.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Nothing. Empty frunk.

But after our strawberry picking adventures today I think I'm going to throw a roll of paper towel in there. Afterall you never know when you're going to need a towel.

Might run into a Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Divider to be removed. (2) x 50' Heavy Duty out door power cables, Ford EVSE, 110 volt EVSE generic off ebay, Tire pump w/ flash light, 25' NEMA 10-30 dryer extension cable on the way, front license plate w/ zip ties for the d$k cop who stops me every time while driving through his county...

Oh and one roll duc-tape.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Seriously though, where are all these people who are supposed to be filling their front trunks with ice and beverages? Or Pizza and mock shrimp cocktails? (Note: mock shrimp is one of the most disgusting vegan products available. Just get some carrot sticks, celery sticks, pita, and hummus and call it a day) ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s in your Frunk PXL_20210611_165412948

Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s in your Frunk PXL_20210611_180509216

It lasted from about 9am when I cleaned out my hotel in Monterey's ice machine, through my round of golf while it sat in the parking lot in mid 70s temperatures, all the way to when got I back to San Francisco around 8:30pm. Might even still be some in there lol

Normally I just keep my spare shopping bags and a couple towels, plus valuable items like my laptop bag or wife's purse if we're leaving them in the car for any reason.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I would seriously use the Frunk more often if I wasn’t so terrified about closing it. I’m worried I’m going to damage the struts or hood by applying so much force. Also always nervous it’s not fully latched.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Why not go with a J1772 extension cable instead for more flexibility?
Not sure what that would gain me. With the 30 amp EVSE I can plugin to dryer outlets at my cabin and family folks I visit. Almost no one here has L2 charging installed. This is just how I have equipment in all my other EV's. Mostly worked in emergencies so far.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My frunk is reserved for groceries. It makes carrying in the groceries so convenient, as the frunk is closer to the door from the garage than the trunk is. I have to admit, I developed a vanity issue over my frunk. I always think I am the coolest person in the parking lot, and I tend to look around to see if anyone is noticing how cool I am that I have a frunk. Can’t wait for the OTA update so I can open it from the app and be that much cooler! While I was at the store this AM, I had a sudden craving for V8, so there is some V8 in one of the bags.
The subfloor of my trunk is where I have a microfiber cloth — as well as where I store my grocery bags;the bag for my sunshade;a blanket; an overnight bag that I ironed on a decal of the pony I cut out; and a piece of plastic I cut to the size of the floor board —since I did not want a cargo liner but would like to cover the carpet from time to time. There’s really a lot of room under there.

7E41E4EE-7DF1-4821-BDFB-5A60ECFCEC63.jpeg

53F728E6-D4BA-4CC3-B117-8C1E72749D4D.jpeg

Last edited:

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would seriously use the Frunk more often if I wasn’t so terrified about closing it. I’m worried I’m going to damage the struts or hood by applying so much force. Also always nervous it’s not fully latched.
I'll tell you what, I learned how to close a fragile hood when I purchased my first Porsche Boxster with the aluminum hood over its frunk. :oops:

Here's what I do: Ease the hood all the way down, then lightly press down on the center of the front edge to engage the first latch. Then place both hands over the latching mechanism and give one sharp push downward to engage the second latch. Easy-peasy. Always works for me.

smp

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure what that would gain me. With the 30 amp EVSE I can plugin to dryer outlets at my cabin and family folks I visit. Almost no one here has L2 charging installed. This is just how I have equipment in all my other EV's. Mostly worked in emergencies so far.
I have a J1772 extension. Having the extension on that side means it will work with either the Ford portable EVSE or my Clipper Creek one for any plug on the other side.

So far I've only used it at home when our driveway was being re-cemented and at campgrounds where the 14-50 is too far away from where the car is parked.

(Extension rides under the back with the EVSEs; not in the frunk.)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
ok here is what I really have in the Frunk (well no not really):

(Hmm seem to be posting that one a lot lately LOL...not just here)