What’s in your Frunk

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not sure what that would gain me. With the 30 amp EVSE I can plugin to dryer outlets at my cabin and family folks I visit. Almost no one here has L2 charging installed. This is just how I have equipment in all my other EV's. Mostly worked in emergencies so far.
It would allow you to use it in that situation, but could also be used as an extension for the Ford Mobile charger or any other 240v or 120v EVSE, regardless of the plug type. It could even be used at a commercial L2 charger that’s iced. If it’s for emergency use, it makes sense to me to go with what can be used in the most situations. Just throwing it out there.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
It would allow you to use it in that situation, but could also be used as an extension for the Ford Mobile charger or any other 240v or 120v EVSE, regardless of the plug type. It could even be used at a commercial L2 charger that’s iced. If it’s for emergency use, it makes sense to me to go with what can be used in the most situations. Just throwing it out there.
Yup, that is why I got mine.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s in your Frunk 1623528273069

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Does the waterless stuff work well/not scratch?
Yes, Meguiar's white stuff is the original, and I buy it by the gallon now and just refill their bottles.

My new favorite product (so nice worried about them discontinuing) - Waterless Wheel and Tire. Auto detailer and first time I've had a product that shines the tires while dissolving fallout on the wheels, and having it dry without a greasy feel.

Turned the worst part of my details into the easiest. After every 1+ hour trip, i immediately get out 303 Speed Detailer or Meguiar's Waterless Car Wash (link) and use a microfiber to get off the bugs before they set.

Also Hybrid Solutions (turtle wax) Graphene based "Flex" wax is amazing for beading. Performing slightly better in my A/B tests on a few test panels.

Not sponsored and do this on weekends, so not a ton of data yet, but Graphene infused Flex is performing better than Ceramic based products. Not the CQuartz stuff, but the bog standard 'ceramic infused' stuff.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Here's what I do: Ease the hood all the way down, then lightly press down on the center of the front edge to engage the first latch. Then place both hands over the latching mechanism and give one sharp push downward to engage the second latch. Easy-peasy. Always works for me.

I coated everything with white lithium grease.

Same with the door control arm handles. They seem* to retain rain water well, like my last Explorer. Next day in the hot sun, and there will still be a bit of humidity.

Knowing this I liberally applied white lithium grease on both door latches and lathered up the control arm and screw were it mounts. No more worries about humidity after rain in there - more important the screw of the control arm not getting rusted,

Also it turned the Frunk from scary to smooth. I did up both the latch and mechanism(s) I saw it make contact with a good amount of white lithium grease and it's much smoother now.

Start by putting a tiny dab on the hood part, then lower it and see where it makes contact. That's where ya lather it up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3569

I was just wondering what stuff are you storing in the "frunk"? I reserve the space basically for car related items, i.e. tools, equipment, stuff that I may need in a road trip while the trunk is fully loaded up. My stuff: portable air compressor, tire gauge, Windex, paper towers, buffing cloths, small monkey wrench (really useless), tire fixing kit (I only used once in my life but it worked), pair of working glove, etc... I am just curious about other Mach-e owners !

28B98099-18B4-4C37-83E0-D99BE69E301B.jpeg

4F188AE1-900B-46B6-892F-37689F2CE839.jpeg

AFF992E1-8C3F-4100-BA32-E0C11A342E8B.jpeg

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Chevy Suburban, 1966 Caddy
Country flag
Mine is Basically the same as yours. Road hazard bag, tire kit, small compressor.
Entertaining the notion of putting the charger there since I don’t use it at home and it would free up space for more stuff in the back.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
My son's baseball gear! That way I don't have to bring all that dirt and dust into the cabin of the vehicle! The frunk is the best thing ever. I used to also keep a bag of emergency road supplies in the frunk in a backpack, but decided to move it all to underneath the panel in the trunk with the fix-a-flat and charging cable.

20210314_093640.jpg

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
I'm from NJ. In NJ you don't ask what's in the trunk - or the frunk - unless you don't mind being an accessory after the fact ?
LOL! When I bought my current vehicle in NC, my wife (also from NJ) and I had to take the sales guy along and he took us to a secluded lot for us to check out the car. We pop the trunk and start debating whether or not the trunk would hold 2 or 3 bodies. I am sure he was pretty horrified from the look on his face. I just looked at him and said, "We are from NJ, that is how everyone judges trunk size."

Between that and me taking a statement he made about a safety feature as a challenge (and I won), I am sure he probably still talks about that test drive.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
@Valkyrja I once had 8 high school kids and some lawn chairs in the trunk of my 1969 Coupe de Ville. They were all alive. Smuggled into a drive-in.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
@Valkyrja I once had 8 high school kids and some lawn chairs in the trunk of my 1969 Coupe de Ville. They were all alive. Smuggled into a drive-in.
My parents used to tell me of smuggling people into the drive-in. It was still around when I was a kid (fortunately my dad did not throw me in the trunk just to give me the experience) but disappeared by the time I was old enough to try and pull such a stunt.
Sponsored