Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Don't you have fix-a-flat and an air compressor in the compartment inside of your trunk?
We do but the draw back to the fix-a-flat in the trunk is the goo ruins the tire pressure monitor, is a pain for the repair guys to fix and they are not the best at removing all of that gunk any how. Both repair jobs are temp repairs any how until you can get a proper patch and plug put in your car.
Just one temp patch does not ruin the tire pressure monitor and stem vs the other.
Sponsored

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Most probably know this, but just in case...

If you do use Fix-a-flat (or similar product) in your tires... please, please, please tell the place where you take the tire to be fixed.

DeeS

First Name
Darrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Any interesting ways people are using frunk?

Anyone use it as a cooler and has it been effective, planning a road trip and was thinking of throwing ice packs in and putting things in for a 6 hour drive?

How to remove partitions in frunk?

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
I tried using it as a cooler when it was super hot out, and the ice melted in less than an hour

I think it would be more effective in milder weather, but it's just not insulated well enough to really maintain a chilled internal temperature.

Last edited:

DeeS

First Name
Darrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I tried using it as a cooler when it was super hot out, and the ice melted in less than an hour

I think it would be more effective in milder weather, but it's just not insulated well enough to really maintain a child internal temperature.
Thanks for the info… pretty hot here in the south…Was going to use freezer packs in there, might get insulated bags and put there to see how long they last

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
All the components behind the plastic in the frunk put off heat. So its not just the weather but also the car that contributes to heat in the frunk. Its not super hot, but enough to melt ice much quicker than you would want.

After your next decent drive open it up and feel around in there and you'll feel warm spots.

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I removed the dividers the first day I got the vehicle. Used it to store a small Yeti Cooler for a 2 hour trip. It gets pretty warm from the electronics from the motor and charging circuits so the ice pack didn't last very long. Cool but not cold as usual so I wouldn't put anything that's sensitive to a lot of heat in the frunk. Someone thought of using it for a spare tire bay which I think is a brilliant idea, but to much destruction has to occur to fit the right size tire and rim in there. Ford needs to take note of that!

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
The drain is to keep it from filling with water as the seal gets old and rain is forced into the well. Calling it a cooler is to cover the fact that they needed to put a drain in it.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I opened the frunk once, found closing it to be an unsatisfactory experience, and haven't put anything in it since. Mostly, I just can't get to it in my garage or really in a parking lot either, so never use it. I put stuff in the Tesla trunk like twice, too.