What’s the double honk?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'll look when I get back to my car, but I'm 99% sure you can definitely change these settings, I think it is under vehicle settings > locks > mislock
Yes, but that does not affect the double-honk when you get out of the car while it‘s running. That‘s what you can’t change.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
That's a flaw in how PAAK works, as you know. If PAAK isn't working, then the car shouldn't start (without the passphrase). If it starts, then PAAK should stay connected, and thus the vehicle should not beep as you get out of it running, since the PAAK "key" should be detected.
Story of PAAK.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
I was skeptical of @Neil4Real ’s claim too, since I’ve needed to use FORScan on all my cars to remove this annoyance… but did just test it out, and no honks!!! Thanks Neil ??

Settings —> locks —> Audible Feedback

this is intended to disable the honk when you double press the lock on fob, but it appears to also disable the key on running car honks too

another related FORScan feature is enabling ‘secure idle’, which locks the shifter when fob is not present and thus can leave running and if someone were to jump or break in, can’t drive off… curious if this is incorporated into it all now by default too ?? Will trial that later

**Something also to note: I really liked the walk away lock feature, but had to disable it since the audible honk confirming the lock got annoying pretty early on... Guessing I can likley turn this feature back on, since the audible feedback is probably muted here too :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s the double honk? A32B7D6D-2E48-4CF1-8E95-3597734AE8EF

Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s the double honk? 1699D589-8BCD-47E9-AA92-4A2B98F92089

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Settings —> locks —> Audible Feedback

this is intended to disable the honk when you double press the lock on fob, but it appears to also disable the key on running car honks too
If that's the case, it must have been a change with the software that's running on the GTs because it doesn't disable the double-honk when left running on mine.

**Something also to note: I really liked the walk away lock feature, but had to disable it since the audible honk confirming the lock got annoying pretty early on... Guessing I can likley turn this feature back on, since the audible feedback is probably muted here too :)
The honk with walk-away lock can be disabled sepearately. Expand the arrow next to Walk Away Lock and you'll see a separate option for Audible Feedback there.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The honk with walk-away lock can be disabled sepearately. Expand the arrow next to Walk Away Lock and you'll see a separate option for Audible Feedback there.
Yep. That's how mine is set up.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If that's the case, it must have been a change with the software that's running on the GTs because it doesn't disable the double-honk when left running on mine.

Yeah, Mine definitely honks if running with no key, even with all the options turned off. Although I haven't checked it since I got the 1.7.1 update. I'll go check that in a bit.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@generaltso Yea we must be on different software, as my 'walk away lock' only expands to "Enabled or Disabled", nothing beyond that... EDIT: expanded menu does have drop down

So does your lock menu have "audible feedback" as a separate setting, in addition to a sub setting within 'walk away' setting?

Regardless just hope it remains, or wasn't a fluke in my one test ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s the double honk? D7C7BD5F-A718-40E2-9ADC-40AB5265C745

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@generaltso Yea we must be on different software, as my 'walk away lock' only expands to "Enabled or Disabled", nothing beyond that...

So does your lock menu have "audible feedback" as a separate setting, in addition to a sub setting within 'walk away' setting?

Regardless just hope it remains, or wasn't a fluke in my one test ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E What’s the double honk? D7C7BD5F-A718-40E2-9ADC-40AB5265C745
Enable it and see if the Audible Feedback option appears.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I stand corrected... I do have that option ? And to digress further, the Honk upon exiting the vehicle is back too ? smh

I did do a few trials in and out of car running, and likey fluke but after making lock settings changes while car is still running, i can get out and walk away with no beep... Once I power cycle the car, the honk is back... Weird... Maybe PAAK is coming into play, and still thinks its in the car and thus no honk... ?

On a software note, where is everyone confirming the 1.7.1 update status? I only get "you are up to date". In the about Sync I see version: 21180_Product & Revision: 176
Sponsored