What all is FordPass supposed to show?

MajesticBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just picked up a black Mach-E GT, and confused about the FordPass app. I thought I was supposed to see battery level, charge status, tire psi, and presumably other things.

In the "status" section, all that is listed is tire psi, and its blank anyway.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Also - the app updates from the car seem to be not real-time.
Refreshing the app should get data from the car, providing it's not asleep.
I just looked at FordPass and it shows "Last updated 22 hours ago." That was about the time I last drove the car.

Bosox07

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Premium 4x
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor
Country flag
Also - the app updates from the car seem to be not real-time.
Refreshing the app should get data from the car, providing it's not asleep.
I just looked at FordPass and it shows "Last updated 22 hours ago." That was about the time I last drove the car.
I just picked up my MME last night and tried to set up Ford Pass, but the app kept saying it was waiting for activation and to follow the prompts in the car, which I had already done. I figured that maybe it just took a while for everything to update and come online, so I forgot about it until this morning. By the time I get to work the app had updated and I can see all of the functions that I am supposed to see (status, charging, etc.). At least for me, all it took was some patience. I still need to set up PaaK, but at least now I have the button showing to allow me to do it, whereas it wasn't showing last night.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
yeah I don't like that the status shows car went to sleep. There should be a back channel to it on demand at all times, plus there should be a car map locator at all times available.

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Seeing this thread makes me appreciate what my salesperson at the Ford dealer did with me...spent the time to download the FordPass ap, sync to car, set-up door/screen passcodes, etc... Should be standard from dealers when you pick up car from Ford.

Bosox07

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Premium 4x
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor
Country flag
Seeing this thread makes me appreciate what my salesperson at the Ford dealer did with me...spent the time to download the FordPass ap, sync to car, set-up door/screen passcodes, etc... Should be standard from dealers when you pick up car from Ford.
To be fair to my salesperson, he did offer to go over anything I wasn't sure of. I've just spent so much time browsing this forum and watching YouTube videos that I felt pretty confident that I could work my way through most problems.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Ditto

OP
OP

MajesticBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
So mine did as well, (and I had added the car to my ford account yesterday too), but the app was just not working.

Turns out restarting my phone actually got the app to update. Its all working now, just needed to force shutdown the app through a restart I guess.

Thanks guys!

(Also nice to see apparently I get 500kWh instead of 250, free)

Casavage

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I just picked up my MME last night and tried to set up Ford Pass, but the app kept saying it was waiting for activation and to follow the prompts in the car, which I had already done. I figured that maybe it just took a while for everything to update and come online, so I forgot about it until this morning. By the time I get to work the app had updated and I can see all of the functions that I am supposed to see (status, charging, etc.). At least for me, all it took was some patience. I still need to set up PaaK, but at least now I have the button showing to allow me to do it, whereas it wasn't showing last night.
I tried the shut down on my phone but it didn’t help. I have been trying to activate my car for over a week!