What are peoples' plans for front license plates?

vanspurgeo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLB, A220
Country flag
I know we saw a California "sticker" option but for the rest of us in states requiring these we will need a front mount (or dare going without).

A quick web search revealed several options out there:

Big Mike's Performance Parts STO N SHO License Plate Mounting Brackets
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...yD3u4kszI4rW5o_Hf0TPjSQU8ZSLtD3UaAqVtEALw_wcB

Tow hook and other options:
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/collections/license-plate-mount-kit

EOS Plates
https://eosplates.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQ...dXjRhdt-sFoTprXGG6Hs5pyuNVaCyF2kaAmgBEALw_wcB

I'm sure there are many more and I know these have been discussed as part of some thread or another. I have a friend who uses one of the tow hook options on his BMW wagon.

What ideas or plans do folks have to deal with this?
in california i have learned to embrace a front plate.
Sponsored

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Where would you place the license plate wrap? Does anyone know where the front facing radar is placed?

Wrap would be the most aerodynamic but I'd only get if it I had a better looking license plate like the CA Legacy plates.

I actually like the positioning of the stock license plate bracket, but it might look better with EU and not US license plates.
I had euro plates on my previous car (a Focus RS), and was pulled over once in 4 years ("It's not a California-issued plate"). The wrap plate is better, but it's currently a test program in California ONLY. CA has 3 years to decide if it's going to be permanent.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? 20211201_154030

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What is the purpose of that sensor? If it is a BlueCruise sensor I don't have that.

The only issue I have seen is random front parking beeps at slow speeds. It very rarely happens, but I think it must be due to the bracket. I never had it happen prior to installing the bracket. But it is rare and I am not concerned about it right now.
Before I put the extender arms on the Craig's Bracket I was getting frequent parking beeps whenever I pulled up behind cars at stop lights. Now I never get them.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I had euro plates on my previous car (a Focus RS), and was pulled over once in 4 years ("It's not a California-issued plate"). The wrap plate is better, but it's currently a test program in California ONLY. CA has 3 years to decide if it's going to be permanent.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? 20211201_154030
That looks awesome. I'll bet a custom shop could make the background clear.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
That looks awesome. I'll bet a custom shop could make the background clear.
licenseplatewraps.com is THE ONLY company licensed by the California DMV to make these plates. They notify the Cal DMV that you have bought these, and that they have verified that you already own the same plates in metal. Cal DMV then sends you an authorization letter that tells cops that it's legal for you to run these plates. Additionally, you have to keep the DMV letter and original metal plate somewhere within your car. Making a "transparent background plate" would be absolutely illegal. My plate's color exactly matches my metal plate.

PCJohnD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jdickinson.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My new Dark Matter Gray Premium was delivered with the front bracket installed. My wife and I have collected tickets here for not having front plates, but fortunately, California offers black (legacy) plates, and mine are on order. Should look cool and legal.

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
We removed the plate from our car and purchased the bumper plugs to seal the holes. We live in North County San Diego and we haven’t had any issues with cops.

Terik2005

First Name
Terik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-e California Route 1
Occupation
Train Engineer
Country flag
bumperplugs.com
What color is your car?
Mine doesn't have holes but my friend has an accord with holes in his glossy black grill
Sponsored