What are peoples' plans for front license plates?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

stshoo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GTPE, '18 GT350, '20 F150, '70 Torino
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Our GT should be arriving any day and I am not going to have the dealer put the front plate mount in yet, but MN requires front plate. Any recommendations for a mount or GT owners have pics of what you've done?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My plan is to use the license plate wrap on my GT-PE. It is only legal in CA. There are other vendors who make wraps for other states, but no idea if they are truly legal. The licenseplatewrap.com people are part of a pilot program in CA.

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
ChasingCoral, I’m in Maryland also, so need the front plate, we need someone to design a quick disconnect plate mount so we can take it off at car shows, etc. ?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Our GT should be arriving any day and I am not going to have the dealer put the front plate mount in yet, but MN requires front plate. Any recommendations for a mount or GT owners have pics of what you've done?
ChasingCoral, I’m in Maryland also, so need the front plate, we need someone to design a quick disconnect plate mount so we can take it off at car shows, etc. ?
The Craig's Custom bracket should install on a GT exactly the same as it does on any other Mach E. They all have the same body-colored overhanging lip above the cooling vents on the lower front black panel.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? 120129142_1259678007711247_5769091465628939115_n
Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? IMG_8384
Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? IMG_8404

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I don't know if this is still the case, but chat on the forums said that the front license plate bracket was factory installed depending on the state where the dealer is and if the state required front plates.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I don't know if this is still the case, but chat on the forums said that the front license plate bracket was factory installed depending on the state where the dealer is and if the state required front plates.
Originally that was the case. Hawaii requires front and back plates and my scheduled late January build had them installed. More recent builds though seem to have the front bracket shipped inside the car to the dealer who will install. If you don’t want them, let the dealer know early and often.

One other FWIW item. There are a few websites that sell vinyl duplicate plates other than that authorized in California. Some of those sites claim the vinyl plates are not illegal. While that might be true, your state law may require you use the actual plates issued. Hawaii does. No coconut front plates allowed apparently.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

bdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I've got the Craig Universal Bracket installed on my GT. Had to 3d-print the extensions to move the plate up and out of the way of the sensor. so far so good.

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The wires are behind the little door on the right side of the bumper cover. The place where many other vehicles have a threaded hole to screw a tow hook in.
Two-fold reason for asking, I've lived in areas with tons of snow and an alternate location above the bottom of the car would be loads easier to access. Secondly it would give those of us in 2 license plate location states a location to mount a platypus tow license plate frame without having to drill through the bumper.
So I went back and watched one of Sandy Munro's videos, specifically the one dealing with the SORB test. The hole in the passenger side aluminum bumper panel above the louvers for the coolant system for the battery seems to line up with the access port for the emergency frunk open where the wire leads are on the U.S. version.
https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-front-end-praised-by-sandy-munro-video/
Referencing these other threads, this would be a great location to mount a Platypus tow hook plate adapter. Without having my own MME yet to check the above link and video from it seems to show a possible point where a plate could be attached without drilling through the bumper.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Referencing these other threads, this would be a great location to mount a Platypus tow hook plate adapter. Without having my own MME yet to check the above link and video from it seems to show a possible point where a plate could be attached without drilling through the bumper.
There is no tow hook on US models, unfortunately.

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There is no tow hook on US models, unfortunately.
I understand there isn't a tow hook, but if the hole where that hook would've mounted is there it wouldn't take much to bolt into that location with a platypus style plate mount, a much better option than having to drill the front bumper. Drilling through the black plastic behind the access plate for the frunk emergency release is a lot more desirable than through a painted bumper.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I understand there isn't a tow hook, but if the hole where that hook would've mounted is there it wouldn't take much to bolt into that location with a platypus style plate mount, a much better option than having to drill the front bumper. Drilling through the black plastic behind the access plate for the frunk emergency release is a lot more desirable than through a painted bumper.
There is no hole to mount the hook in US models. Lots of discussion about it in this forum, and it seems like a very strange decision to leave it off considering how easy it is for Joe the tow truck driver to destroy the battery cover by attaching to the wrong place.

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There is no hole to mount the hook in US models. Lots of discussion about it in this forum, and it seems like a very strange decision to leave it off considering how easy it is for Joe the tow truck driver to destroy the battery cover by attaching to the wrong place.
Watch the MUNROE video. The hole is there.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? Screenshot_20211031-215520_Samsung capture
Sponsored