What are peoples' plans for front license plates?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So, that's my point: I don't see any holes and really don't want new once for the plate holder.
Agreed. I don't want that either.

Front plates aren't required in AZ, but the dealer installed the bracket to my Fiesta before putting it out on their lot.

To make matters worse, they put it on for no reason. Normally, they said, it's so they can put an advertising plate that just has their name/logo... But they ran out of stock of those. So why install the stupid bracket? Argh!!

It was the car I wanted, for the best price I could negotiate throughout the valley, so I went with it in spite of the ugly front end.

As a software engineer, I suppose I find this decorative plate sort of funny, and sad but true, so I bought it for the front end. Almost no one seems to get it, though.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? IMG_20200825_185355
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I'm also concerned about how they mount that front plate bracket. I certainly don't want a hole popped in the front end to mount it.

Note that it looks like the Euro plate holder is mounted into the front: hole in the plastic?

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? IMG_20200825_185355

The US plate holder might be mounted from underneath but not sure.

That mount really looks ugly and disturbs the flow. I would want to mount below in the black area.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That mount really looks ugly and disturbs the flow. I would want to mount below in the black area.
The louvers at the sides of the black area need clearance to open and close. Not sure if the space between them is wide enough, but I suspect there is a front facing radar behind that middle portion. You wouldn't want to put anything metallic in front of that.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'm hoping someone comes up with something like this for my MME:

https://shop.teslarati.com/products/tesla-model-3-front-license-plate-mount-bracket

Pretty clever.

I've gone without the front plate on my 2005 Mustang and my 2015 Fusion, and once while I had my car parked in the garage at O'Hare while traveling had a Chicago police officer leave a note on my windshield telling me to 'get a front plate, US vet.' Thankfully, my state combat veteran plates saved me a ticket. Looking forward to moving to Florida where I'm not required to have one.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm hoping someone comes up with something like this for my MME:

https://shop.teslarati.com/products/tesla-model-3-front-license-plate-mount-bracket

Pretty clever.

I've gone without the front plate on my 2005 Mustang and my 2015 Fusion, and once while I had my car parked in the garage at O'Hare while traveling had a Chicago police officer leave a note on my windshield telling me to 'get a front plate, US vet.' Thankfully, my state combat veteran plates saved me a ticket. Looking forward to moving to Florida where I'm not required to have one.
Yea, that is a nice setup. But looking at the Mach E the front surface is pretty clean, there isn't any place to latch on to. The vent area open/close so can't use that.

The tow hook plate or vinyl seems like our best bets atm.

Honhme

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV; 2018 Ioniq EV
Occupation
State employee
Country flag
I like the idea of a wrap license plate (so long as it does not interfere with the radar/lidar nodes).

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I like the idea of a wrap license plate (so long as it does not interfere with the radar/lidar nodes).
I did look at that and it looks great . . . only caveat is because there is no MME in existence yet, we don't know EXACT placement where wrap license plate will have to sit on front so that it can be properly read by government agencies. Once that is known, it could be a great alternative.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If you're an early delivery and make other arrangements for your front plates, please let the rest of us know what they are (with pictures preferably). Those of us towards the other end of the schedule would appreciate it.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
As much as I don't want to, I'll resign to have the bracket installed for my front plate. I haven't been pulled over in the past 15 years and I'd rather not break that streak.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
As much as I don't want to, I'll resign to have the bracket installed for my front plate. I haven't been pulled over in the past 15 years and I'd rather not break that streak.
Just remember, the quickly removable plate holders like the tow hits models are 100% legal.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Just remember, the quickly removable plate holders like the tow hits models are 100% legal.
The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards the tow-hook mount. Think I’ll call my dealer next week to request they not install the front holder and I’ll figure something out for alternatives.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I was looking into the tow hook option.
?
It looks like there are two sensors below the tow hook. I don’t like the high placement to avoid those.

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
I currently use Craig’s Custom Mustang Bracket on my 2017 Mustang. Comes off easily for shows. I sent an email to him to see if he has any plans on making one for the Mach e. Of course, he would need a Mach e to do so. 3rd party vendors will need time once the car comes out to design stuff for it.

UPDATE: Heard back from Craig and he thinks his 2018-20 Mustang bracket might work. He will check it out as soon as his local dealers have one in to measure.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? plate holes
I’ll be going with Craig. Please keep us posted