What are peoples' plans for front license plates?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Looked at Mach E in person today - no way a standard size plate wrap fits in the middle. And there are vents on both sides. The dealer mentioned a cool after-market option they install on Mustangs. An auto plate swing device that, when you start the car, swings the plate from underneath. When you park it, the plate swings up. Or you can manually control. Only 158 dollars. I will share the info when he provides it. Unfortunately, there are two little "dimples" on the front bumper to show where to drill the holes. Wish those were not there. I am officially obsessed with the front plate thing now, I guess.
Why not? Its a wrap, it can fit the curve of the body.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? 1604626147532
Sponsored

Last edited:

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Looked at Mach E in person today - no way a standard size plate wrap fits in the middle. And there are vents on both sides. The dealer mentioned a cool after-market option they install on Mustangs. An auto plate swing device that, when you start the car, swings the plate from underneath. When you park it, the plate swings up. Or you can manually control. Only 158 dollars. I will share the info when he provides it. Unfortunately, there are two little "dimples" on the front bumper to show where to drill the holes. Wish those were not there. I am officially obsessed with the front plate thing now, I guess.
Sounds great! Posting to get alert when update

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As much as I don't want to, I'll resign to have the bracket installed for my front plate. I haven't been pulled over in the past 15 years and I'd rather not break that streak.
I will be doing the same. I guess what I am really surprised by in the fact the many of the states require a front plate and I have always assumed that every manufacturer that sells vehicles in the US had as an option a front license plate bracket of some sort to make the vehicles legal in those states.

I have lived in both one plate (PA) and two plate (CT, UT) states and even in PA I had the option to order the car with a front plate bracket which I used for an additional vanity plate (my initials). For the two plate states I have always gotten vanity plates that were either personal or related to my profession.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Think you are correct. I am in CA where it is required. Told my dealership to put a note on my order NOT to put it on. They told me they will make sure not to install it for my Mach-E.
Good point - I have to start emailing the dealer (as the build date approaches) a few times probably to make sure they don't install it

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good point - I have to start emailing the dealer (as the build date approaches) a few times probably to make sure they don't install it
I asked dealer after receiving the email and I’m almost certain the Ford website render took the front license plate off

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I asked dealer after receiving the email and I’m almost certain the Ford website render took the front license plate off
Did not know that have to check. It would be great if the renderer was that detailed based on options.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Cool. would it even be possible to drop the power cable from the battery to the bottom of the car given the battery pack ?
Doubt it, but won't know until we look at it. Great question, though.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I think this looks great but I’m concerned about drilling into underside where battery is ... ?
Thought the battery only extends between the wheels (front to back). I’d be more concerned about hitting the radiator or the louver actuator etc.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? AE907D0D-2F2C-402A-AFC8-7A536684A03B

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thought the battery only extends between the wheels (front to back). I’d be more concerned about hitting the radiator or the louver actuator etc.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? AE907D0D-2F2C-402A-AFC8-7A536684A03B
Good point, who will be the guinea pig? Haha

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Should be installed at the plant so they can run it properly.
What plant are you referencing? This is an aftermarket mod, not something Ford would install
Sponsored