What are peoples' plans for front license plates?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'll let someone else test it out on their vehicle first. I have time. Nothing but time. ;)

Looks promising though. Thanks Mark.
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
At this point it looks like Craig’s Custom Mustang Bracket is my leading contender. Today I took a good at the space under the nose:
IMG_6176.jpeg

The panel is pretty flat, forming a nice shelf just above the panel between the shutters.

IMG_6212.jpeg
IMG_6211.jpeg

It's about 1-1/12 inches deep (just under 4 cm).

The shelf is long, running flat over the shutters and the center section between them. The center section alone is 20 cm (7-3/4") across at the bottom and actually wider at the top.
IMG_6213.jpeg

Craig's Universal bracket should fit:
This bracket will fit any car that has a space at least 3.5 inches wide and 1.5 inches deep of flat painted surface on the bumper cover to attach the mounting base to. Should be mounted on the center of the bumper cover. (see images for example)
from (http://ccmustangbrackets.com/product/universal-front-license-plate-bracket/)

Here are photos of the bracket:
20160323_183435-1_resized-768x607.jpg
IMG_20200313_185534_857-1.jpg

I'm going to email Craig to see what he thinks.
Excellent! I was supposed to go to see the Mach-E today but my plans changed. Looking good for Craig's plate solution. If you haven't, please, send your pics to him. Now, to go bug my salesmen to make sure the OEM bracket stays off mine.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
At this point it looks like Craig’s Custom Mustang Bracket is my leading contender. Today I took a good at the space under the nose:
IMG_6176.jpeg

The panel is pretty flat, forming a nice shelf just above the panel between the shutters.

IMG_6212.jpeg
IMG_6211.jpeg

It's about 1-1/12 inches deep (just under 4 cm).

The shelf is long, running flat over the shutters and the center section between them. The center section alone is 20 cm (7-3/4") across at the bottom and actually wider at the top.
IMG_6213.jpeg

Craig's Universal bracket should fit:
This bracket will fit any car that has a space at least 3.5 inches wide and 1.5 inches deep of flat painted surface on the bumper cover to attach the mounting base to. Should be mounted on the center of the bumper cover. (see images for example)
from (http://ccmustangbrackets.com/product/universal-front-license-plate-bracket/)

Here are photos of the bracket:
20160323_183435-1_resized-768x607.jpg
IMG_20200313_185534_857-1.jpg

I'm going to email Craig to see what he thinks.
I found another photo important to this thread:
Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? IMG_6178

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
After receiving the car, I will not put the plate on immediately until getting a plate bracket like Craig's.

I would prefer the manual flip down version for the shows but don't mind having the Veteran plates showing on my vehicles.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Craig's bracket still needs to drill a hole but the location is just out of sight right? If not, how is it attached to the car, adhesive? If so, is that strong enough?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Craig's bracket still needs to drill a hole but the location is just out of sight right? If not, how is it attached to the car, adhesive? If so, is that strong enough?
It is adhesive. Website says it's been tested to 100 mph.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
From Craig's website:

The bracket that holds the license plate is laser cut from 16ga plate stainless steel (NOT PLASTIC) weighing in at only 7 oz. with the license plate attached. It has rubber bumper protection in place, to prevent vibration and so no metal part of the bracket never touches the painted portion of the car.

The mounting base is 6061 Billet machined Aluminum. It comes with a custom knurled thumb nut used to fasten the license plate bracket to the mounting base. The mounting base is attached to the bumper cover, out of sight, using 3M 4910 adhesive tape, some of 3M’s strongest hold tape on the market.

The all new attachment design was tested at various stages. It was initially tested by mounting the base to a painted surface with the bracket attached and we let it sit for a week; it didn’t move. Then we hung 10lbs of weight off the mount with the bracket attached and let it sit for a week; it didn’t move. Then we mounted it on a 2015 Mustang GT, took it up to 100mph using the 3M tape mounting option; it didn’t move. The mount is tested and proven and under no circumstances requires any additional screws to hold it in place. Trust me, I had to pull a mounting base off JLT’s car to mount the final version and it was stuck on tighter than @#$%^&!

This bracket is very low profile and can hardly be seen when mounted. It places the license plate exactly where it is intended to be placed, not under the front splitter where it gets ripped off by curbs, steep driveways or when you forget to put it up before driving. The mounting base can be installed in minutes and the license plate bracket installed and removed in seconds using our quick release thumb nuts. If you want a more permanent attachment, you can use a 1/4 x 20 nylon locking type nut and washer.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Craig is convinced his Universal Bracket will work fine with no modification needed.
http://ccmustangbrackets.com/product/universal-front-license-plate-bracket/

------------------

Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:46 AM
To: toeyotacraig
Subject: Re: Mach E bracket

Hi Craig. I have some pictures and measurements. It is looking as though your Universal Mount should be close to being the right one for the Mustang Mach E but it may need a shorter arm on the bracket. It looks like the overhang is right at 1-1/2 inches. Am I right in assuming the plate that goes onto the car is 1-1/2 x 3`1/3”? The area under the nose is pretty much flat and 1-1/2 inches deep. Width is not an issue.

Anything else I need to photograph or measure the next time I see the car?

Thanks,
Mark

------------------

Hi Mark,

After looking at what you sent, I have no doubt that the universal bracket will work on the Mach E without any changes.

Respectfully,
Craig Broussard

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Craig is convinced his Universal Bracket will work fine with no modification needed.
http://ccmustangbrackets.com/product/universal-front-license-plate-bracket/

------------------

Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:46 AM
To: toeyotacraig
Subject: Re: Mach E bracket

Hi Craig. I have some pictures and measurements. It is looking as though your Universal Mount should be close to being the right one for the Mustang Mach E but it may need a shorter arm on the bracket. It looks like the overhang is right at 1-1/2 inches. Am I right in assuming the plate that goes onto the car is 1-1/2 x 3`1/3”? The area under the nose is pretty much flat and 1-1/2 inches deep. Width is not an issue.

Anything else I need to photograph or measure the next time I see the car?

Thanks,
Mark

------------------

Hi Mark,

After looking at what you sent, I have no doubt that the universal bracket will work on the Mach E without any changes.

Respectfully,
Craig Broussard
I guess I can order it now so I don't get pulled over driving out of the dealership. Thanks. He should give you a free one seeing as there will be plenty of orders based on your help/recommendation.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Only 100 mph? I'm sure someone here will test it to 120mph. :cool:
Yeah, but I wont have my GT until long after you guys have already had this on your cars

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I've had Craig's bracket on my Mustang Ecoboost for over four years and it hasn't budged since I put it on. I've had a few triple digit runs with it on. So, I would say it can withstand 100+ mph without an issue.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've had Craig's bracket on my Mustang Ecoboost for over four years and it hasn't budged since I put it on. I've had a few triple digit runs with it on. So, I would say it can withstand 100+ mph without an issue.
Good to know. I took another shot today and got down on my knees inspecting the "shelf" under the nose. It looks perfect for the mount.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? IMG_6297

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Good to know. I took another shot today and got down on my knees inspecting the "shelf" under the nose. It looks perfect for the mount.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What are peoples' plans for front license plates? IMG_6297
Thanks much

- Craig's website description says not for installation on Clear Bra type material. Does that mean the XPEL Ceramic stuff is to be avoided where this bracket goes?

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I guess I can order it now so I don't get pulled over driving out of the dealership. Thanks. He should give you a free one seeing as there will be plenty of orders based on your help/recommendation.
I was thinking about getting the vinyl license sticker but after seeing this I might order early! I hope he can issue refunds if we don’t like it. I have a production date week of Jan 11
Sponsored