Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
MME has been a great work vehicle... room for solar panels, tools, etc. shown here will everything needed for a Solar Gate install I did last week. MightyMule gate opener, solar panel, wire, chainsaw, tools, post, concrete, etc....

20211007_working cargo.jpg

20211007_working frunk.jpg

20211007_working gate1.jpg
Mighty mule gates are awful - and ridiculously expensive! I installed one with WiFi etc. cost me about $800. The WiFi never worked (>$100), so I returned it and bought $11 card off amazon that has worked flawlessly. I returned the solar and bought a $26 panel - again flawless. The gate itself no longer “opens” because either the opener itself or the circuit board controlling it failed. It just beeps and never opens. Also the $50+ garage door opener remote for it, which you can’t replace with a universal remote, has never worked from day one. I’m so mad I spent that kind of money and got that poor of quality. I hope you have better luck.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Mighty mule gates are awful - and ridiculously expensive! I installed one with WiFi etc. cost me about $800. The WiFi never worked (>$100), so I returned it and bought $11 card off amazon that has worked flawlessly. I returned the solar and bought a $26 panel - again flawless. The gate itself no longer “opens” because either the opener itself or the circuit board controlling it failed. It just beeps and never opens. Also the $50+ garage door opener remote for it, which you can’t replace with a universal remote, has never worked from day one. I’m so mad I spent that kind of money and got that poor of quality. I hope you have better luck.
Despite terrible installation instructions, it seems to be working. The client kept to the basics.... just the gate, visor opener, keypad. I used a different brand solar panel and better battery as the MM ones were indeed overpriced and undersized.

training the 'opener' was not intuitive, and the included instructions were not correct for the model I bought. But, I did find instructions that worked online at their website.

Last edited:

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Despite terrible installation instructions, it seems to be working. The client kept to the basics.... just the gate, visor opener, keypad. I used a different brand solar panel and better battery as the MM ones were indeed overpriced and undersized.

training the 'opener' was not intuitive, and the included instructions were not correct for the model I bought. But, I did find instructions that worked online at their website.
Yeah mine worked for about 6-7 months. I had issues with it about every other week during the time it did work. Install wasn’t too bad, it’s pretty straight forward, but just poor quality products for ridiculous price. Should be priced $200 max or work perfectly for a very long time.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
EGO two stage electric snowblower. Box almost fit with lower trunk floor, but it was too long and hit the lip at the back without enough ceiling room, so had to unpack it. It was so close, missed by about 2" of ceiling height! This blower is tiny compared to my gas engine Ariens, but should be fine for under 15" or so. Those are Harbor Freight tracks on either side, relatively small snowblower still came in at 150 lbs, so I needed to roll it out, more than I can lift. Used those right angle pieces to protect the rear rubber seal and painted sections from the ramps.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What Are You Hauling? SnowBlower

Last edited:

miata

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
miata, towncar, highlander
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
First load was for electrical supplies for my charger
So are those 10' or 8' PVC conduits? If 10's, nice to know they fit even with a little bending...that's a frequently purchased item.

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
First show trip to Seattle. I knew my MME would pack well but I was pleasantly surprised. Full drum kit and hardware, two guitar amps, three pedal boards, one guitar, accessory cases, overnight bags and one passenger. Temps between 35-57 and averaged 3.1 m/kWh. The car didn’t break a sweat.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What Are You Hauling? 770789E7-6226-4759-82E1-E9E8A7907D7D

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 GT500, 17 GT350R, 15 GT3, 00 Lightning, 91 Fox
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag
First show trip to Seattle. I knew my MME would pack well but I was pleasantly surprised. Full drum kit and hardware, two guitar amps, three pedal boards, one guitar, accessory cases, overnight bags and one passenger. Temps between 35-57 and averaged 3.1 m/kWh. The car didn’t break a sweat.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What Are You Hauling? 770789E7-6226-4759-82E1-E9E8A7907D7D
But did you jam out?

Status
Not open for further replies.