First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium AWD
Country flag
2 cars actually, kind of ?

1. Had an Audi S4 2011, with THREE pedals that I loved. Best car ever for me. Gave it to my son ... after changing the timing chain, clutch, suspension arms, belts, etc = $$$$$$. ?
At least, all this $ stays in the family. Sad to let go what might be my last new manual car.

2. I had a deposit on an Acura TLX type S for almost a year. It finally got here and had a chance to try it. It looks amazing, is very fun to drive and is reasonably priced.
BUT, fuel economy is not very good for a brand new engine, albeit one that is LESS performant then the other cars in its class. I have to admit that it was still plenty fast. Cargo space is small, with a big brace between the trunk and the back seat. Almost impossible to fit a hitch or a roof rack: Not good for my bikes / skis.
Didn't like the touch pad either
But the sound of it ... ????

I tried a Tesla Model 3 LR AWD a few days before the Type S and loved the feeling of it. But cannot go past the poor build quality, cheap and peeling paint (especially here up north) and the "everything in the center screen".
Decided to give the MME a try since the reviews were all good and they had one at my dealership.
I was sold.
Love this car. Acceleration is more than enough (similar to Type S and S4). Driving feel is superb for an "SUV", especially with my new tires. Practicality is good.
Now, fingers crossed for this first year model ...

Oh, and I still have another 3 pedals car for fun :cool:
Didn't give up the M3. Probably never will. I have it since 2008 and here value is now rising ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E What car did you give up for MME?? IMG_2534

Ford Mustang Mach-E What car did you give up for MME?? IMG_2898

Ford Mustang Mach-E What car did you give up for MME?? 64799716573__A5D1F6D4-3789-4EB9-8D9F-7837C4BD0692.fullsizerender

Last edited:

PaulP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I sold my 2019 Dodge Durango R/T for $6000 CAD less than what I paid in 2019. With used cars worth so much, I was happy to simply pay MSRP on my MME and get a government incentive for buying an EV! On top of that, I'm now saving $300 on gas every month.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What car did you give up for MME?? IMG_20200418_105835

Rebelchopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150, 2013 Santa Fe, 1968 Mustang, 2015 HD
Occupation
Jet engine quality inspector
Country flag
2011 F150 XLT. The kids are growing up and we couldn't physically fit three kids in the back seat (with car seats) when my wife's Pacifica was unavailable. I miss the ride height and hauling capacity. But we were able to do something with the MME that we couldn't do before. Camping with air conditioning all weekend. :) Pic at the bottom. And yes, the seal around the hatch held up perfectly even with an overnight rain on our last night.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What car did you give up for MME?? B4D9DE83-52CB-4E3C-A666-1F66AA3D1FC9

Ford Mustang Mach-E What car did you give up for MME?? B4D9DE83-52CB-4E3C-A666-1F66AA3D1FC9
That's awesome!! Is that flap part of the tent? If so, what tent do you have?

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
We just sold our 2018 VW Golf Alltrack to Vroom. We sold it for more than we paid OTD new. Basically paid registration and insurance to drive a new car for three years. It's still under warranty, and for some reason Vroom seems to think they can get $5k more than they paid us. I say, good luck to them.

The local dealers lowballed us, claimed they would match any offer, then lowballed us again. Wasted our time. We should have known better than to even bother with them. They did nothing surprising, but it was tiring. They finalized our decision not to work with them in the future.

Vroom made an offer, picked up the car, and paid what they said they would pay. Straightforward, easy, and took minimal amount of our time.

RedlegCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Mach-e, Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Military
Country flag
2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus. Great car but traded it in as the values were high, the warranty expired and registration was due. Of course, that’s when I expected to have a car in November versus a January build date.

A794DAE3-BE67-4C71-935D-46E807C694E4.jpeg

miata

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
miata, towncar, highlander
Occupation
engineer
Country flag

2GOfast54

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME4 select space white
Occupation
PT
Country flag
2003 Lincoln LS sports edition was north American car of the yr. had 17yrs, was fun to drive but was costing too much to keep it running and hard to find some parts. Now mme 4 is more fun to drive and no stops to gas station. have solar & charge at home.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier. How could I not? It had 86k miles, even if it was in excellent condition. When I worked through the buyback process with GM due to battery recalls I got an offer for essentially all of my money back.. Now that cash is sitting in savings while my new Mach E gets built to replace it.

Thank god for covid. (First to ever say that I know). my wife and I have been able to easily share a Volt as a primary vehicle while the chip shortage drags on.
Sponsored