Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Is there a way to tell what day of the week the car thinks it is?

Reason for asking: A couple weeks ago, I needed to leave to catch a flight at 3:30AM on Wednesday. I set a departure time in FordPass, only to discover that preconditioning did not happen. I opened the charging app in the car and found that it had the departure time set for 9:30AM Friday. I looked at the clock an it was 6 hours off which accounts for the time error, but not the day of the week error. My dealer had just done a bunch of update which (I guess) messed up the clock as well as turned off ā€œAuto time update.ā€

I reset the clock, turned on auto update and the time has been correct since. I had another trip yesterday and set a departure time for 6:30AM (this time I set in the car, not FordPass), but again, no preconditioning.

This makes me wonder if the car doesnā€™t know what day of the week it is, but I canā€™t find a way to check it.

My next test will be to set a departure time for each day and see if it preconditions.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Iā€™m told that a preconditioning bug was introduced a while back. My car no longer preconditions at all. Iā€™m not sure why this is, perhaps your theory is correct.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Guest profile flip? Like when using the remote start it starts in guest mode with whatever it thinks you wanted. Like 66 degree cabin when itā€™s 50 out and it shows ā€˜autoā€™.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm going to test the departure time during off-peak hours to verify if setting it in the car works, or does not work, so I'm not surprised for an upcoming trip.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Guest profile flip? Like when using the remote start it starts in guest mode with whatever it thinks you wanted. Like 66 degree cabin when itā€™s 50 out and it shows ā€˜autoā€™.
Departure times are a global setting

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
Departure times work fine when set in the car, but they rarely work when set in the App. This started back in Dec, before that they worked as expected.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I'm going to assume that the car, since it's connected to the internet, retrieves the date and time via NTP, based on geo location. It can also retrieve date and time from GPS satellites as well. This would be my most logical guess.

So if you're in a parking garage or for some reason the car thinks it's many states away the time could be off?

Last edited:

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not sure how to tell if the Mach E knows exactly what day it is. I have mine set to pre condition at 9am weekdays, and 10am on weekends. Works as programmed, so it does seem to know what day it is. I set mine from the car as well.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
A couple weeks ago, I needed to leave to catch a flight at 3:30AM on Wednesday. I set a departure time in FordPass, only to discover that preconditioning did not happen. I opened the charging app in the car and found that it had the departure time set for 9:30AM Friday.
This doesn't account for the day of week issue, but 3:30 AM CST is the same as 9:30 AM UTC, which is probably the source of the time discrepancy...

My only issue with departure times has been that the Android app only intermittently works to set them, often crashing or taking a ridiculous amount of time.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Probably why they removed the 'Calendar app' From Sync4. In Sync3 it was oh so handy.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Departure times work fine when set in the car, but they rarely work when set in the App. This started back in Dec, before that they worked as expected.
Mine no longer preconditions regardless of where itā€™s set. I was told itā€™s a known bug. Itā€™s been this way since sometime in December. Given how few user facing bugs Ford has fixed since the car was launched I am not optimistic that the bug ever be exterminated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine no longer preconditions regardless of where itā€™s set. I was told itā€™s a known bug. Itā€™s been this way since sometime in December. Given how few user facing bugs Ford has fixed since the car was launched I am not optimistic that the bug ever be exterminated.
This is the first time I tried to precondition since moving from 3.5.4 to 4.1.2. It very possible that it just plain doesnā€™t work any longer.

There are several threads about this on the Lightning forum, but I didnā€™t find any here when I searched.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
How do you know if battery preconditioning is not happening? My cabin temp / comfort works on my schedule. I just assumed the battery was being preconditionEd simultaneously. Is that not the case?

OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do you know if battery preconditioning is not happening? My cabin temp / comfort works on my schedule. I just assumed the battery was being preconditionEd simultaneously. Is that not the case?
I had the cabin temp set to ā€œwarmā€. That didnā€™t happen either. I also used to get a notification in FordPass ā€œPreparing for scheduled departure.ā€ or something similar. No longer.

Richard L.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Is there a way to tell what day of the week the car thinks it is?

Reason for asking: A couple weeks ago, I needed to leave to catch a flight at 3:30AM on Wednesday. I set a departure time in FordPass, only to discover that preconditioning did not happen. I opened the charging app in the car and found that it had the departure time set for 9:30AM Friday. I looked at the clock an it was 6 hours off which accounts for the time error, but not the day of the week error. My dealer had just done a bunch of update which (I guess) messed up the clock as well as turned off ā€œAuto time update.ā€

I reset the clock, turned on auto update and the time has been correct since. I had another trip yesterday and set a departure time for 6:30AM (this time I set in the car, not FordPass), but again, no preconditioning.

This makes me wonder if the car doesnā€™t know what day of the week it is, but I canā€™t find a way to check it.

My next test will be to set a departure time for each day and see if it preconditions.

Any thoughts?
Turn on the Calm Screen.
Sponsored