Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Got FDRS license and started updating modules….hoping to get unstuck for OTA’s
Keep and eye on your battery voltage. If you aren’t using a strong power supply, do NOT proceed updating if your battery drops below 12.7v.
Sponsored

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Added a charging schedule, 10P-8A, to avoid the heat of the day and to allow me to plug in when I get home so that battery cooling can proceed, if needed.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
While not Mach-E content, we participated in a Rivian First Mile Test Drive today. The R1T is an incredible machine.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 37072B01-DEFC-46B6-9660-F908A22C353B

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 7A2DF743-F19C-4FFD-A4F9-C7C3D307FF3E

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
While not Mach-E content, we participated in a Rivian First Mile Test Drive today. The R1T is an incredible machine.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 7A2DF743-F19C-4FFD-A4F9-C7C3D307FF3E

Rivian was the first vehicle that got me interested in getting a BEV. And then I discovered the MME. But you never forget your first love. And when the max pack version is released and I can see real world range testing, I might have to trade up.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Rivian was the first vehicle that got me interested in getting a BEV. And then I discovered the MME. But you never forget your first love. And when the max pack version is released and I can see real world range testing, I might have to trade up.
100% agree on both factors. The Rivian Guide that met us today had a few photos detailing range on the R1T with road wheels, and running in conserve mode. On average they're seeing 340-360. As soon as you start mashing on it though, that number does come down - totally expected. This comforted me a bit, especially for the long trips we take out of the Northern VA area.

I even considered switching away from the max pack, but I kept it because we aren't in any rush to receive an R1T. Plus more time waited, equals more bug identification and resolution.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
100% agree on both factors. The Rivian Guide that met us today had a few photos detailing range on the R1T with road wheels, and running in conserve mode. On average they're seeing 340-360. As soon as you start mashing on it though, that number does come down - totally expected. This comforted me a bit, especially for the long trips we take out of the Northern VA area.

I even considered switching away from the max pack, but I kept it because we aren't in any rush to receive an R1T. Plus more time waited, equals more bug identification and resolution.
So that is with the standard, 135 kWh pack, right? I assume the range the guide was referring to was not with the max pack, so with 33% more battery the range should be well over 400 miles.

I read that on the highway at 70 mph they are getting 2.2 ish miles per kWh, which is a lot better than I expected. I am sure that drops well below 2.0 when you get up to 80 mph range, though. I am getting an average of 2.4 in the MME at 80, and the R1T pushes a lot more air.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
So that is with the standard, 135 kWh pack, right? I assume the range the guide was referring to was not with the max pack, so with 33% more battery the range should be well over 400 miles.

I read that on the highway at 70 mph they are getting 2.2 ish miles per kWh, which is a lot better than I expected. I am sure that drops well below 2.0 when you get up to 80 mph range, though. I am getting an average of 2.4 in the MME at 80, and the R1T pushes a lot more air.
That is correct. This R1T drive on the beltway around DC a lot and even at the higher speeds, in conserve mode (FWD only), and at the lowest suspension setting, they're seeing decent range.

I think we'll see close to 405 on the max pack (EPA) and upto a 440 obtainable range in conserve mode.

smcnair

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platty, Explorer Platty, '23 Premium
Country flag
Checked to see if I had a VIN or a production date...

Nooooooo

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Updated the thread title to include "with". While not many owners will do something to their Mach-E, they can now participate and share what they did "with" their Mach-E.

Hoping someone chimes in and says they jumped their Mach-E further than any Tesla has been jumped before...

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ flying-tesla-model-s

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Read the forums for news of the day, checked Ford.com to see if my VIN was assigned (not yet), searched local inventory for Mach E and several competing cars, did a little research on soon to be released cars.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got my second OTA update today! The first was yesterday (2.8.2), and today it was the Bluecruise map update - except I don't have Bluecruise. But hey, OTA is happening!

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you find wider mud flaps please share! We have a 100+ yard long crusher run driveway and I’ll be looking for a good wide set to help protect the paint.
Hey Mike, so I did find some wider mud flaps. Let me first say, the AOSK mud flaps I've been using look and fit great. The only issue is they are too small for those of us with wider wheels/tires. Not only do their standard size mud flaps look out of place with wider tires, they don't protect all of the paint that wider ones would. I had asked AOSK if they could make wider ones but they said for the cost of designing and manufacturing them, it would not make sense as they felt they wouldn't have enough sales.

I tried several different custom molded mud flaps besides AOSK but non were wide enough so had to go with a more generic looking type. I went with Rokblokz Ralley style mud flaps. They have two widths, "Splash Guard" (narrower) and "Rally Style" (wider). Using existing holes, they were easy to install and required no drilling. https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-mustang-mach-e-2021

My tires (275/40/20 front, 315/35/20 rear) are flush with the top of the wheel lip moulding so there is no poke and these mud flaps perfectly cover the outer edge of the tread when looking from the rear. No water, rocks or any debris will get past them.

A few before and after photos.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ NZ7_660524

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ NZ7_660624

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ NZ7_660324

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ NZ7_660824

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ NZ7_660924

Last edited:
OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I tried several different custom molded mud flaps besides AOSK but non were wide enough so had to go with a more generic looking type. I went with Rokblokz Ralley style mud flaps. They have two widths, "Splash Guard" (narrower) and "Rally Style" (wider). Using existing holes, they were easy to install and required no drilling. https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-mustang-mach-e-2021
I'm glad to see someone else did this! I have both sizes sitting in the garage for a test fit - was only planning on keeping one set. I'm definitely sticking with the "rally" variant. These look great Mark.
Sponsored