Plaidfinger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, 1998 Cobra, 2021 Mach 1
Country flag
I'm glad to see someone else did this! I have both sizes sitting in the garage for a test fit - was only planning on keeping one set. I'm definitely sticking with the "rally" variant. These look great Mark.
I went with the rally style as well. The clips for the front didn't come in my kit and they sent a 1" screw for the center holes on the front flaps as well. Luckily I had clips from an old set of Rokblokz flaps and they fit perfect. Had to run to the hardware store for longer screws as the center would just pop out with the short screws they included. All good now! I do worry at how low they hang since they are rigid. If they come down on something over 3-4"tall, they are gonna destroy the front fender liners;)
Sponsored

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Cleaned The stall, gave her its first real bath, and tried Hydrospeed ceramic quick detailer to keep her mane slick before more rain drops.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Updated the thread title to include "with". While not many owners will do something to their Mach-E, they can now participate and share what they did "with" their Mach-E.

Hoping someone chimes in and says they jumped their Mach-E further than any Tesla has been jumped before...

flying-tesla-model-s.gif
Haha... decades ago, I (inadvertently) jumped an M1A1 Abrams tank. Once we checked each other and verified no one was really hurt, we went back and measured... 18 feet horizontal. Interestingly, the tank kept its boresight and we shot well on the Tank Table VIII gunnery the following day. Months later during field maneuvers, one of the torsion bars cracked on us during an extreme hard left turn... the thing showed a long-term, rusted partial crack which finally gave way under the stress of the hard turn. We must have started that torsion bar crack on landing that prior evening. "GO CHRYSLER ENGINEERING" ;-)

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I drove to work today and nearly hit a porcupine and definitely nailed a bunch of bugs. A trip to the detailer is in my near future!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Since we got home at 2am it still counts as "today". Took Scarlett to the drive-in last night, and after having to change a few settings and leave her "on" for 4 hours she only drained 2 percent (with HVAC off). Had to disable the "auto power off", switch the headlights and interior lights off, and disable daytime running lights as well as welcome lights (otherwise she greeted me when I came back from the concession stand).

She kept herself dark after that, with the exception of the driver's display and infotainment screen (on "calm").

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I made lifting pucks so the guys at the tire store wouldn't attempt to lift the car from the battery rails.

The brown rubber coasters are needed to get a little extra clearance so the jack pad doesn't make contact with the battery rail.

The locating pin is for safety....and also keeps the jack pad from being too close to the battery rails.

Seems to work well.

20220814_120112.jpg

20220814_123610.jpg

20220814_124713.jpg

20220814_124657.jpg

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I replaced my 12V jump point. I slammed my frunk lid on it while it was open. 😱🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ image

The new one has text in it to identify the positive and negative terminals instead of just color. I am thinking of painting the underside of the lid orange to prevent a repeat slamming. πŸ€ͺ🐩

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I drove to/from San Diego for a Christmas Lighting convention. About 320 miles round trip.

The good news is that in Southern California I can drive 320 miles on the freeway, half at night, and not experience a single bug splat on the car.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I replaced my 12V jump point. I slammed my frunk lid on it while it was open. 😱🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ image

The new one has text in it to identify the positive and negative terminals instead of just color. I am thinking of painting the underside of the lid orange to prevent a repeat slamming. πŸ€ͺ🐩
This solution is bad ASS!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I made lifting pucks so the guys at the tire store wouldn't attempt to lift the car from the battery rails.

The brown rubber coasters are needed to get a little extra clearance so the jack pad doesn't make contact with the battery rail.

The locating pin is for safety....and also keeps the jack pad from being too close to the battery rails.

Seems to work well.

nice job!

I took a simpler route for a 'install and forget' approach. modified tesla pucks and left them press fit in the rails rather than carry them loose.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...lift-pads-to-protect-mme-battery-rails.14455/

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E What did you do to/with your Mach-E today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 57CD4AF9-E378-4210-A5EF-6C2784C469D2

Can you post a link to that product?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I got up this morning and got the STOP SAFELY NOW message when I tried to go to work. After putting 11,500 miles on the thing in just 5 months, I think it is telling me something.

Frankly it needed a break and I will be happy to get the new part. I have another car, so not really an inconvenience. I will use this as a chance for it to get all the updates, tires rotated, etc. It is a gift to the car and myself all paid by Ford and not me.

(Play Monty Python:Life of Brian song here, "Always look on the bright side of life..")
Sponsored

Last edited: