What do the 4 and x represent on the fender badge?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Oh, now I get it. 4 is because all 4 wheels have power and X because it is eXtended range. I thought it was read "Mach-E Forks," you know, 4X... Four-Eks... Forks. ? ? ? ? ?
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I guess I'm stupid - I immediately figured out that the 4 meant AWD and the X meant the Extended Range battery. I guess 4 reminded me of Audi's "Quattro" designation and X seemed pretty self-explanatory?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Oh, now I get it. 4 is because all 4 wheels have power and X because it is eXtended range. I thought it was read "Mach-E Forks," you know, 4X... Four-Eks... Forks. ? ? ? ? ?
Did that make you wonder why the other side didnā€™t say ā€œMach-E Spoonsā€?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
some live to complain about anything. Yawn.
But really if you want to know what they really mean.
X is for Ex as in your ex-significant other, saying look bitch now your gone, and look what I got and I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy happier. the 4 Means the 4 girls you're be picking up the first week when they say wow that mustang is sexy and doesn't look like that guy at the bars car, you know the bloated fish.

Wanna go back to my place and do the electric slideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Iā€˜m glad the badging is there. Without it, there would be no way to tell the number of motors or size of the battery in the MME when admiring it in a parking lot.
VIN would tell.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
You think the 4X is confusing but would have no problem decoding the VIN to extract the information? :rolleyes:
I think the 4X is confusing to the average customer, absolutely.

The VIN comment was in response to the "checking out a car in a parking lot" scenario, I think enthusiasts would do that, not average customers, and sure enthusiasts would be able to pick it easily out of the VIN. The difference between a P8C and a P8T or a P8J in a Mustang VIN would be obvious to S550 enthusiasts, I think.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14ā€™ Taurus (21ā€™ Mustang ME)
Country flag
It's not petty to me. I really really dislike the existence of those badge in the first place - they're completely unnecessary - but then for those badges to be the first place a new model designation be made is not good. They're ugly *and* confusing.
its petty. If you don't like it remove them.

VIN would tell.
lets all get out out vin decoder to figure it out!

or...

just put it on the side and make it easier.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
its petty. If you don't like it remove them.

lets all get out out vin decoder to figure it out!

or...

just put it on the side and make it easier.
That's fine, I'll be getting out the floss and peeling them off my car regardless of whether the forum thinks it's petty to do so or not. I don't like them, plain and simple, and I think they're not only ugly, but incorrect, since according to Ford's website, and my vehicle's window sticker, I'm not buying a Mach-E4X I'm buying a Mach-E Premium Extended Range eAWD.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14ā€™ Taurus (21ā€™ Mustang ME)
Country flag
That's fine, I'll be getting out the floss and peeling them off my car regardless of whether the forum thinks it's petty to do so or not. I don't like them, plain and simple, and I think they're not only ugly, but incorrect, since according to Ford's website, and my vehicle's window sticker, I'm not buying a Mach-E4X I'm buying a Mach-E Premium Extended Range eAWD.
you do that, don't forget to brush before bed as well.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There are better things to argue about than whether 4X is confusing to anyone. If anyone asks me when(ever) mine arrives, I'll tell them.

How about arguing ceramic coating vs graphene. Or Xpel vs 3m vs Suntek. Or whether the car would look good in a deep purple warp. Or whether Nicola Sturgeon will let an unknown member of the current first family into Scotland to golf on the 19th of January. All of those are far more interesting topics and probably more worthwhile discussing. Except for the last one, discuss that elsewhere as it's stunningly off-topic and verboten.

Don't like the 4x? Remove them. Like them? Don't remove them.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I used Goo-Gone to remove badges from my Dodge Ram. Spray it on thick all around the badge, let it soak for 10-15 minutes. Badges peeled off super easy and totally clean.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag