What do the 4 and x represent on the fender badge?

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
There are better things to argue about than whether 4X is confusing to anyone. If anyone asks me when(ever) mine arrives, I'll tell them.

How about arguing ceramic coating vs graphene. Or Xpel vs 3m vs Suntek. Or whether the car would look good in a deep purple warp. Or whether Nicola Sturgeon will let an unknown member of the current first family into Scotland to golf on the 19th of January. All of those are far more interesting topics and probably more worthwhile discussing. Except for the last one, discuss that elsewhere as it's stunningly off-topic and verboten.

Don't like the 4x? Remove them. Like them? Don't remove them.
Yeah I'm definitely removing mine. I'm just stating my opinion, not telling anyone else they need to remove theirs. Some people like badges, I don't, that's all.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I Know the dual motor and tesla across the back just ughhh. with the chrome all over. just a tacky look.
Maybe we could have a “Best Misbadging” contest for our new Mach-e’s.

Rule1 : real badges from any Ford vehicle made at any time or place, and placed appropriately on the Mach-e in lieu of the proper badge.

Rule 2: I strongly suggest we do this in photoshop. ;)

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag

Rule1 : real badges from any Ford vehicle made at any time or place, and placed appropriately on the Mach-e in lieu of the proper badge.

I'll take a first stab...
Ford Mustang Mach-E What do the 4 and x represent on the fender badge? 17c8d880-33a0-4738-b9bb-035eb20d67e9-2019-1029-mo-FordElectric704.JPG copy

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

ok well this is the best I can do in a few minutes in Microsoft Paint. But I think the multi-tone contrasting white/red paint is a nice touch?

Ford Mustang Mach-E What do the 4 and x represent on the fender badge? 1609936097228

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
That's fine, I'll be getting out the floss and peeling them off my car regardless of whether the forum thinks it's petty to do so or not. I don't like them, plain and simple, and I think they're not only ugly, but incorrect, since according to Ford's website, and my vehicle's window sticker, I'm not buying a Mach-E4X I'm buying a Mach-E Premium Extended Range eAWD.
I don't think it's petty at all. Badging draws your eye to the vehicle. If it wasn't visually important, companies wouldn't spend the money to place them on their cars in strategic locations. It's completely your prerogative to like it or not and to have a strong opinion about it, if you wish -- it's on your car after all.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It's not petty to me. I really really dislike the existence of those badge in the first place - they're completely unnecessary - but then for those badges to be the first place a new model designation be made is not good. They're ugly *and* confusing.
If the badge is going to cause you that much anguish, you can always take them off. They are probably only glued on anyway

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If the badge is going to cause you that much anguish, you can always take them off. They are probably only glued on anyway
They are. A heat gun and or dental floss will remove them and that's what he is planning on doing. Way back in the day .. this thread was about what the "4X" meant. It sort of got off track. A first around here. :rolleyes:

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Did that make you wonder why the other side didn’t say “Mach-E Spoons”?
Now you have me wondering why it didn't say "Mach-E Sporks".....

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
I notice that these badges are on the GT - or at least they are on renderings and on the preproduction ones seen in official pictures. I am not one to de-badge a car but this is obviously redundant on a GT since they are all "4X". If the production models have them (which i expect will be the case) I might break out the heat gun and dental floss. :)
Sponsored