What do you love about your Mustang Mach-E?

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
General EV Things:
- Every day is a full "tank". It's my wife's MME, I drive the F-150, but only one of us has to spend any time driving to gas stations and waiting for their vehicle to fill up, and it isn't her. While road trip charging is worse than road trip gas fill ups, the rest of the time the EV is way easier to live with.

- Off the line take off at lights. I don't mean racing off the line, just regular taking off is sooooo much better. You lead the pack simply because there is no delay for an engine to start (for auto stop/start ICE vehicles), engine to rev, turbos to spool, transmission to shift, etc. Even with moderate acceleration you are already a few car lengths down the road as others are finally moving. My F-150 PowerBoost is no slouch, one of the fastest half tons without going into TRX/Raptor R territory, but it feels like swimming in jello compared to the MME.

- Nearly no maintenance. Keep the tires inflates, washer fluid topped up, and wiper blades replaced, and just go on with life.

MME Specific Things:
- Surprisingly comfortable seating and well laid out interior.
- Actual instrument cluster!
- Wireless CarPlay and the full screen option
- Looks fantastic
- Great cornering and a lively rear end if you want it to be
- OTA Updates, not every EV has them and the MME isn't the best at it, but it's been pretty seamless for us so far in the MME. The F-150 had a rockier start but it also is a year older.
- Frunk and Trunk Storage is excellent and easy to access

I am sure there is more, but this is a decent overview. I have said it a few times on here before, but I love my F-150. It is an amazing truck, and I typically lease vehicles, but I am actually buying this truck off lease because it's perfect and nothing on the market is better, in my view, and I don't want a "new" F-150 just yet. Just to set a baseline of where I am coming from when I say, I steal my wife's MME nearly any chance I get. If we could only have one vehicle, it would be the F-150, but only due to interior volume and overall capability. But for 95% of the time, I love taking the MME.

Hopefully the next gen F-150 Lightning is coming soon and I will get the best of both worlds!
Sponsored

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Cross-traffic alert is kinda nice.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I remember that same fear from my father 40 years ago when electronic ignitions really started replacing points systems and computer chips started showing up in the junkyard cars we would resurrect. It didn't stop me tinkering. The computer here won't stop me from tinkering either. It's just a new, fun skill to learn, and maybe pass on.
The difference this time (and this time it's always different, right?) is that the next major move after EV adoption is self-driving, and the end of "normal" car ownership. Enjoy them while we can - it won't be too very long before a 2 car garage with cars in it is for enthusiasts or Luddites, depending on your point of view. But you're totally right - tinkerers will tinker and will find new skills to pass along. The tradition stays alive, but the form changes.

Kinda like a Mustang, now I think of it.

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Cross-traffic alert is kinda nice.
Saved my bacon! I had made a takeout run and was slowly backing out, but there were two large pickup trucks on either side of me, blocking my view. As I started to enter the cross lane, a small car flew past. The Mustang slammed on the brakes and gave me all the warnings. I would likely have been hit if it was just me...

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
- Surprisingly comfortable seating and well laid out interior.
- Actual instrument cluster!
- Wireless CarPlay and the full screen option
- Looks fantastic
- Great cornering and a lively rear end if you want it to be
- OTA Updates, not every EV has them and the MME isn't the best at it, but it's been pretty seamless for us so far in the MME. The F-150 had a rockier start but it also is a year older.
- Frunk and Trunk Storage is excellent and easy to access
And also
- Love the welcome lights and the pony on the ground
- Love the camera and especially the 360* top view
- Love the headlights with auto switch between high and low beams
- Love the adaptive cruise control with lane centering, even in hands-on mode
- Love to have AndroidAuto with Waze on the big screen and Pandora next to it

All of that was not available in my last car, BMW X3, which was more expensive to get and drive.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
- The frunk. Yes I'm one of those people who actually uses the frunk. I carry things like spare maintenance items
<SNIP>
Silly human! The frunk isn’t for hauling stuff. It’s for chilling and partying! 😎🐩

<SNIP>
I had the HVBJB issue. It turned out to be a totally uneventful experience for me. The SW update identified the weakness and I was able to continue driving. My dealership was efficient. They pulled my trouble codes without seeing the car, then replaced my HVBJB the same day that I dropped it off for the service.
<SNIP>
This is the way the service should be done. Unfortunately many dealers won’t pull codes in advance and once someone has brought their car in will not even look at it to pull codes for days. Then they order parts and the car owner gets to wait some more. Hopefully, @Ford Motor Company can get this to become SOP for the dealer service departments because all of the null time being wasted is a disservice to owners. 🤷‍♂️🐩

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
A lot of my points can be applied to any EV in general but specifically for the Mach E:

1. Best looking EV in the market - Literally pulls heads towards you while you're driving. A lot of people have come to check out the car and think it is some exotic new crossover lol!

2. Great interior for the price - The thing has a very upscale interior in comparison to Teslas and other EVs. It looks mature and not overly futuristic or clinical or goofy. Touch point materials are very good quality and it has always gotten a great feedback from all

3. Actual muscle car feel - A lot of people complain the thing is too heavy but honestly, the heft and power gives it a muscle car feel. You will feel the weight however there is enough power especially in the GT variants to compensate. I do think adding a rear sway bar will help dramatically decrease the body roll but overall, out of factory, it is much more fun to drive than the Teslas and Ioniq I drove

4. Tech - This is a controversial one but so far, I've had 0 issues with the tech. My PAAK has always worked and I think they've improved the UI a lot after the new release. They're taking customer feedback and seem to be moving in an agile fashion shipping out changes. That is what you want from a company that has promised OTAs. Yeah it can be better but look at the competition apart from Tesla (ahem VW), and we're in a much much better spot

Apart from these, most apply to every other EVs like saving me $$ since electricity cost for me is much much cheaper and coming back home to a full 'tank of electricity' etc.

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
3. Actual muscle car feel - A lot of people complain the thing is too heavy but honestly, the heft and power gives it a muscle car feel. You will feel the weight however there is enough power especially in the GT variants to compensate. I do think adding a rear sway bar will help dramatically decrease the body roll but overall, out of factory, it is much more fun to drive than the Teslas and Ioniq I drove
We tested the ID.4 first and a couple of weeks later had the opportunity to test the Mustang. The planted feel of the Mustang was an instant selling point for me. The ID.4 drove like a math professor's SUV (I used to teach mathematics). The Mustang wanted to have some fun.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I do think adding a rear sway bar will help dramatically decrease the body roll but overall, out of factory, it is much more fun to drive than the Teslas and Ioniq I drove
<SNIP>
For most vehicles, the front bar is used to set the roll characteristics and the rear bar is used to tune balance. Putting a stiffer rear bar into a relatively neutral car will make it oversteer (loose). 😊🐩

MachE70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kia Telluride SX, 2022 Mustang Mach-e GT
Country flag
I bought my '22 GT last year in homage to the 1969 yellow Mustang fastback I drove during college back in the 1970's. The GT has not disappointed - it has performed flawlessly and I look for reasons to drive it. The wife and I fight over who "gets" to drive the GT and who "has" to drive our nice fully loaded KIa Telluride. There is no going back to ICE after driving this EV. I have shocked more than a few friends and relatives with the GT's brutal acceleration. The firm suspension on my non-PE GT is fine for us, and the overall driving experience is fantastic. I would definitely buy this car again.

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
The negativity on this site has been bugging me for a while. Having issues with and looking for help solving those issues with a vehicle is totally understandable and fine with me; I just feel there's been a lot of extra-negative and somewhat nasty posting lately.
In an effort to lighten up the conversation, I'm asking the question in the subject of this post: What do you love about your Mustang?

Here are a few of the many things I love about my Mustang, in order of them occurring to me while I'm writing this:

• The styling;
  • The color! I love the Grabber Blue;
  • The comfortable ride -- I don't buy luxury vehicles, so this is the most comfortable ride I've ever owned;
  • The range (320 to 350-ish miles 100% to 0% in my CR-1);
  • The ease of driving--I have far less exhaustion on long road trips than any other vehicle I've owned;
  • The acceleration;
  • The ability to add fuel to the vehicle while I'm at work and it's just sitting there;
  • The bump of 10-20% in charge overnight while sleeping;
  • The long, long, long time between visits to the gas station (less than one visit per month with my Tacoma);
  • On long road trips, I find myself not only stressing less, but I also stopping and walking around a lot more, which helps me feel physically better;
  • The cool factor;
  • The conversations we have with all kinds of new people;
  • The fun factor;
  • The data nerd in me loves the opportunity to do so much data collection--yes, yes, I could do the same with my Tacoma, but it's not the same;
  • The lower total cost of ownership I'm seeing with this vs a similar-capability ICE;

PXL_20220309_004541185.jpg

If you feel the urge to crap all over this thread, please just don't. There's plenty of space to post in the hate thread instead. I can't stop you from posting here, obviously, but we'll all judge you and your negativity if you post your hate here.
I have mentioned much of this before, but really enjoy this car! Have taken it on several long trips and have really enjoyed it. If you are in a hurry to get a long distance, this isn't the rig. like the tech, never thought Alexa would be so handy. Really like the PAAK which works most of the time. Instant torque and amazing performance (not fond of the 5 sec deal). Seats are great and the ride is good. Thanks to my truck wheel weights most of my 23k miles have been hands-free which has been very enjoyable. Still can't believe the winter driving capabilities of this car after I got some tires on it. Nice to be able to start it in an attached garage. Really like 1pd and speed limit sign reading. Having a blast!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
There is I lot to love about the car, but top of the list has always been the styling.

I don't do a whole lot of DCFC, so when I do, it does feel like a burden and I am a bit jealous of the faster charging rates that I hear from other brands, but I love how the MME looks like a sporty SUV as opposed to almost every other EV looking like a styrofoam takeout box.

Being a 2023 adopter, I think it's fair to say the price is no longer reasonable and Ford needs to think hard about how to keep the MME cost competitive. Obviously, I accepted the hit and just like everyone else on this thread, I love having the one of the best looking EVs in the market!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I don't do a whole lot of DCFC, so when I do, it does feel like a burden and I am a bit jealous of the faster charging rates that I hear from other brands.
I do a lot of DCFC for road tripping and have never found the charging times to be a burden. But then I like to go for a walk after sitting for two or three hours so the time added to my travels has barely changed.

spicy_taco

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I'm sure you know, but you can order the plates after the fact. Best way is through AAA and skipping the DMV.
I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the info, that's really good to know. One complication is I chose to go with the License Plate Wrap in the front, and that's a separate ordering process (and associated costs).

By now I've more than maxed out my Mach E related purchase budget...and if I spend more on it my wife will probably stuff my body into the frunk since no one would look there....
Sponsored