What drive mode do you use?

• Total voters

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I blame automatic transmissions for people not immediately adopting 1PD. I also blame automatics for traffic jams, distracted driving, and the demise of Western civilization.
While I do love to blame the fall of civilization (Western and Eastern) on slushboxes, I think L mode 2PD emulates manual transmission most accurately. I don't know of any manual gearboxes that brings your car to a stop, or one that quite so harshly decelerates once you let off the gas pedal (unless of course you like to drive near the redline).

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Couldn’t work out which vote, UK Standard Range RWD and use active mode mostly.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I never knew adaptive cruise control behavior changed based on driving modes!
Based on my subjective experience, it doesn’t change it as much as make it smoother when you disengage cruise control. I feel when cruise is disengaged and you’re in 1-pd, there’s a weird 2 seconds when the car is trying to give you time to put your foot on the accelerator before it slams the brakes…and you’re trying to figure out how far to push the accelerator to keep your speed constant. Just my 2 cents.

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR, Kia Optima
Country flag
Based on my subjective experience, it doesn’t change it as much as make it smoother when you disengage cruise control. I feel when cruise is disengaged and you’re in 1-pd, there’s a weird 2 seconds when the car is trying to give you time to put your foot on the accelerator before it slams the brakes…and you’re trying to figure out how far to push the accelerator to keep your speed constant. Just my 2 cents.
I see your in Chicago and I have a premium AWD ordered like you have. What driving modes do you prefer in Chicagoland?

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see your in Chicago and I have a premium AWD ordered like you have. What driving modes do you prefer in Chicagoland?
My daily drive is pretty short and stretches between Gold Coast, west loop and loop at speeds averaging 7 mph. I’m in whisper 1PD 100% of the time. I see no reason to be in unbridled. I never understood the point of the other drive mode (even forgot what it’s called). I do wish regen is more aggressive in whisper though. I find myself hitting the brake occasionally to react to something. I also hate the lag it has in all modes and think Ford needs to address that. Premium has enough power for my needs but I’m often disappointed that it’s not available when I need it. Dials the fun factor down quite a bit and for no good reason.

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR, Kia Optima
Country flag
My daily drive is pretty short and stretches between Gold Coast, west loop and loop at speeds averaging 7 mph. I’m in whisper 1PD 100% of the time. I see no reason to be in unbridled. I never understood the point of the other drive mode (even forgot what it’s called). I do wish regen is more aggressive in whisper though. I find myself hitting the brake occasionally to react to something. I also hate the lag it has in all modes and think Ford needs to address that. Premium has enough power for my needs but I’m often disappointed that it’s not available when I need it. Dials the fun factor down quite a bit and for no good reason.
Thanks for that. I will try whisper mostly first then so and see how that feels. My driving is probably about half highways mostly 294 and half local streets. Of course you know what an absolute nightmare 294 is right now so even though its highway not a lot of opportunity to unleash these days. Do you think unbridled in normal circumstances would be better on the highways or stick with whisper?

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for that. I will try whisper mostly first then so and see how that feels. My driving is probably about half highways mostly 294 and half local streets. Of course you know what an absolute nightmare 294 is right now so even though its highway not a lot of opportunity to unleash these days. Do you think unbridled in normal circumstances would be better on the highways or stick with whisper?
I think the biggest factor would be how heavy you like the steering to be.

Toelowe

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e (premium AWD)
Occupation
CEO sm company
Country flag
Definitely not true
Unbridled regens much more aggressively in normal mode when letting up on accelerator; & Whisper hardly regens at all in my premium AWD. Seems Engage is in the middle.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
I exclusively use 1-pedal mode and have likely wrecked myself from going back to the old way. :3

Where I live, there's a city-wide 25 mpr speed limit which makes Whisper great. I have more control on that low range of speed. But once I hit outside or the freeway, I switch to Engage. I confess I don't use Unbridled at all, unless I have a passenger that wants to hear the propulsion sounds (and I turn them on).

In my ideal world, I'd love to geo-fence Whisper when I'm driving where I live, then go to Engage automatically when I leave the geofence. Not actually demanding the feature, but it's how I use the modes.

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
(GTPE MMEv) Whisper 2PD, cause most of my 50 mile driving to work is straightish freeway miles and well I love to coast instead of:
Power...Brake...Power...Brake...Brake...Power...Power...Brake...

D_P_Mach-e

First Name
Darriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Real Estate agent
Country flag
All the comments here further highlights the need for a custom drive mode with all the adjustable details spelled out. Also, still don't know how you all can work with 1pd drive, I didn't even last 5 minutes :p
One pedal is awesome, you should try it again. The only problem now is that I have to remember to brake when trying my ICE truck 😄

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I exclusively use 1-pedal mode and have likely wrecked myself from going back to the old way. :3

Where I live, there's a city-wide 25 mpr speed limit which makes Whisper great. I have more control on that low range of speed. But once I hit outside or the freeway, I switch to Engage. I confess I don't use Unbridled at all, unless I have a passenger that wants to hear the propulsion sounds (and I turn them on).

In my ideal world, I'd love to geo-fence Whisper when I'm driving where I live, then go to Engage automatically when I leave the geofence. Not actually demanding the feature, but it's how I use the modes.
So glad you're enjoying your Mach-E and all its driving modes.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Always driving in Unbridled 1PD, see no reason for anything else. Don't want any looser steering, nor weaker regen, nor slower throttle. If anything I wish there was something like super Unbridled, but I think Unbridled is the maximum the car is capable of.
Sponsored