OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
definitely true. There’s is absolutely no component on any MME, other than the GTPE with magneride, that will change your suspension settings based on drive modes. Now, if you’re trying to argue the “harshness” is different in the GT vs Premium; that may be true. As the GT “should” have a “firmer/sportier” suspension whether it does or not. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don't know but I put 20" wheels on my select, same size tires as my new GT (not PE), but it seems smoother. Don't know why that would be. But it is gonna take some getting used too. Big difference between the Select and GT. I love the 1 pedal, it's my only car so I got used to it. I had a rental and I felt like I could barely drive a regular car...I hated it. Haha.
Sponsored

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
1 pedal without unbridled doesn’t regenerate hard enough.
This must be an AWD thing because for my RWD 1PD regen on engage and unbridled is exactly the same.
yes it comes one faster because you’re using a shorter pedal throw but the max regen feels the same. Now in 2PD there’s a definite difference. Maybe one of these days I’ll confirm with OBDII readings.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
This must be an AWD thing because for my RWD 1PD regen on engage and unbridled is exactly the same.
yes it comes one faster because you’re using a shorter pedal throw but the max regen feels the same. Now in 2PD there’s a definite difference. Maybe one of these days I’ll confirm with OBDII readings.
I didn’t do a full experiment. Unbridled vs whisper is all I did. I’m really happy with unbridled 1 pdl with maybe switching to whisper 1 psd blue cruise in the Highway. This to me is all personal preference. The car is extremely enjoyable

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why? I mean, horses for courses, that's like having a quarterhorse ride like a Clydesdale.

GT Unbridled 1PD at all times. The steering feel on Engage is a bit spastic for me. I don't care to acknowledge whatever that other option is.
Drives just fine - that is why. Occasionally bump up to unbridled but majority of my driving is around town so not much opportunity to be a rocket.

Amazonkers

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select, previous 13 Chevy Volt
Country flag
1 Pedal Engage - Select RWD because regen seemed stronger than Unbridled. Plus Brake Coach.

Just coming from a Chevy Volt, not used to 1 pedal in reverse at all. I can barely get out of my driveway.

azulejost

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iced Blue Silver Premium Std Range RWD
Country flag
Around town if not in stop and go traffic, generally Whisper 1P + L. But in stop and go or random interstate driving when traffic likes to suddenly slam on the brakes, Unbridled 1P + L for every last bit of regen. I don’t know what the g figure for deceleration that each mode allows or how much L adds, but with my Premium RWD I think there’s minimal difference in Whisper 1P and Engage 1P, but Unbridled 1P is definitely more aggressive and will stop in a shorter distance than the others.

Around town, the Whisper light steering is nice, but for spirited driving I think the Unbridled weighted steering heft is more precise.

We need a custom option to allow for the combination of settings we prefer in all trims, especially for those with the GTPE. I can’t imagine having paid for Magnerideand being stuck with the firmest setting to have the most regen.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Around town if not in stop and go traffic, generally Whisper 1P + L. But in stop and go or random interstate driving when traffic likes to suddenly slam on the brakes, Unbridled 1P + L for every last bit of regen. I don’t know what the g figure for deceleration that each mode allows or how much L adds, but with my Premium RWD I think there’s minimal difference in Whisper 1P and Engage 1P, but Unbridled 1P is definitely more aggressive and will stop in a shorter distance than the others.

Around town, the Whisper light steering is nice, but for spirited driving I think the Unbridled weighted steering heft is more precise.

We need a custom option to allow for the combination of settings we prefer in all trims, especially for those with the GTPE. I can’t imagine having paid for Magnerideand being stuck with the firmest setting to have the most regen.
Pretty sure the L button does nothing if you are in 1PD. It just adds Regen in 2 PD.

azulejost

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iced Blue Silver Premium Std Range RWD
Country flag
Pretty sure the L button does nothing if you are in 1PD. It just adds Regen in 2 PD.
I’ll have to drive through the different combinations again and see. I’ve read L doesn’t do anything in 1P, yet every time I drive the 3 Mach-Es I’ve driven since February, I continue to use L along with 1P because it seems to add something. Wish there were figures available to define exactly what each mode and L provides.

new to mach-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e select
Country flag
I leave my select ALWAYS in unbridled mode and go back in forth with/without 1-pedal.

All other modes feel sluggish/unresponsive to me.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It takes some time to get used to 1pd, modulating your pressure on the accelerator (I also refer to as the velocity selector). Having driven our tesla MY for 15 mo now I really like 1pd especially in the curves and curvy downhills as you can scrub speed w/o hitting the brakes.
The difference is that with your Tesla, hitting the brake pedal will engage the friction brakes. But since the MME has blended braking, hitting the brake pedal to scrub speed will just use regen. 1PD really is just personal preference in the MME, which is different than Teslas.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I use the engage because the unbridled doesn’t show the brake coach. My wife uses unbridled all the time.
Honest question. What good does the brake coach do you? I mean, do you really watch it and change your driving technique because of it? Does that equal some meaningful benefit?

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Yay! My team won.

I drove out of the dealer in whisper mode, unbeknownst to me. I hit the pedal and thought, “wow, that was kind of unimpressive.” Then I discovered the driving modes. I switched to unbridled and left it there. I didn’t know what 1PD was until I saw it mentioned here. I tried it and thought, “hmmm, this is different.” I left it on and figured it out in a day or two. Left it on. I love it. And why buy a Mustang if you’re going to drive it in whisper mode?

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Yeah, the one pedal takes some time, but I love it. I play games with myself to see how many days to and from work I can not use my brake pedal...I've gotten up to like 3 days, but someone will pull out in front of me and mess up my record.
Sponsored