AndrewY

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
What exactly is Ford Streaming? I have had my MME for about 2 weeks now, and I received an email saying "Your Ford Streaming service is coming to an end" unless I renew. What exactly does it provide? Do others here use it?

My guess is that it provides the wifi hotspot, and would let me listen to spotify/pandora/whatever-internet-streaming-audio. Is that it? Is there anything it gives me that just using my phone doesn't provide?

Thanks
Sponsored

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
YouTube/video streaming without having to connect to your phone or a wifi, I think. I believe there's a music service with it, but I couldn't find/didn't really look for it before my trial expired, either. They didn't do a very good job marketing that revenue stream, I think - I didn't notice when it ended, so hard to miss it enough to renew.

I will say I dislike Spotify, generally, and having to use Android Auto to access it, particularly. So maybe if I could find the way to use Ford's music streaming I would consider a subscription, but I don't dislike AA or Spotify quite enough to bother figuring it out. The only time I think about it is when I'm in the car, at which point I can't do anything about it, anyway.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
What exactly is Ford Streaming? I have had my MME for about 2 weeks now, and I received an email saying "Your Ford Streaming service is coming to an end" unless I renew. What exactly does it provide? Do others here use it?

My guess is that it provides the wifi hotspot, and would let me listen to spotify/pandora/whatever-internet-streaming-audio. Is that it? Is there anything it gives me that just using my phone doesn't provide?
It's for streaming audio and video to the car over its cellular connection. It does not provide hotspot access to other devices. That's a separate subscription.

JimG

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's for streaming audio and video to the car over its cellular connection. It does not provide hotspot access to other devices. That's a separate subscription.
What is the cost for a subscription? Also, does anyone in this forum have it, and like it?

Kaddabriol

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus
Occupation
Brand Manager
Country flag
As for whether it provides anything that your phone doesn't, not really. It's mostly just a convenient way to stay connected while you're on the go. If you have unlimited data on your phone plan, then you might not need it. But if you're on a limited data plan or just want to save your phone's battery, then it could be worth considering. On a related note, I actually use a live streaming server for work. It's a great way to share video content with people all over the world in real-time. I can see how Ford Streaming could be a similar concept, but on a smaller scale. It's all about staying connected and making life a little bit easier!
Sponsored

Last edited: