mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Ok, after being on the forum for a couple years, I've heard a lot about features that are or are not in certain countries. So what do us Americans not get??

I'll start...

#1 my biggest disappointment for me, we do not get QuickClear (fine mesh in the windshield that clears snow and ice). I don't think any North American Ford vehicles get this. It's a real shame.

#2 Adaptive headlights (lightweight version of matrix headlights).

#3 Motion sensing key fob. If I understand correctly, if the key fob has been still for 30 sec, it can't be used to open the car (like if you leave the key inside while you go for a run).

#4 Frunk button on the fob.

What else?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Adding Wrong Way Alert — if you get on a highway going the wrong way. Why would this not be a universal feature? We've had a lot of reports in the past month in New England of severe accidents often causing deaths from wrong way drivers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What features do Americans not get? 1652057856945

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The why for probably all of them (including the frunk button) will be government regulations.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Adding Wrong Way Alert — if you get on a highway going the wrong way. Why would this not be a universal feature? We've had a lot of reports in the past month in New England of severe accidents often causing deaths from wrong way drivers.
I never knew that was something that existed. It just seems so obvious. I feel like there’s news of a tragic accident in the LA area that involved a wrong way driver a couple times a year. Of course these people are absolutely trashed drunk/high usually but if a system like that could help avert even a few of these awful accidents, why not use it?

My guess…liability laws in the United States would make Ford POSSIBLY accountable if the system didn’t work exactly as promised and failed to prevent an accident. Even if the driver was not sober. So the lawyers shut it down. Very stupid and sad that this is the reality we live in.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Official trailer towing capability. The EU manual says (paraphrasing here) "Oh, right then. One can jolly well tow this big a trailer with this tongue weight, with this trim level..." where the US manual clearly states (again paraphrasing) "SHAME ON YOU!!! DON"T YOU DARE EVEN THINK ABOUT TOWING A TRAILER WITH THIS BIG HEAVY-DUTY SUV!!"

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I never knew that was something that existed. It just seems so obvious. I feel like there’s news of a tragic accident in the LA area that involved a wrong way driver a couple times a year. Of course these people are absolutely trashed drunk/high usually but if a system like that could help avert even a few of these awful accidents, why not use it?

My guess…liability laws in the United States would make Ford POSSIBLY accountable if the system didn’t work exactly as promised and failed to prevent an accident. Even if the driver was not sober. So the lawyers shut it down. Very stupid and sad that this is the reality we live in.
That won't necessarily save Ford, lawyers can also sue on the idea that a technology is available, it's feasible to implement, other companies are doing it, no reason why Ford couldn't have done it and prevent this accident that is now the topic of this lawsuit.

OP
OP
mattbostonmache

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I believe the China Mach-E gets an animated horse for the puddle light, but we get a static picture (though I'd argue the animated picture might get old pretty fast).
Are there any videos of this? It'd be cool to see!

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
#1 my biggest disappointment for me, we do not get QuickClear (fine mesh in the windshield that clears snow and ice). I don't think any North American Ford vehicles get this. It's a real shame.
Any time I have been at a motor show looking at the ford vehicles and some representative wanders over and asked what I think, I always bring up the lack of the heated windscreen as I was driving European fords with this feature back in the 1980's and how useful it is not just in the obvious cold conditions but also in fog and rain. So pretty much all climates in the USA.

I put this down to good old Ford USA selective bean counting :( They could have at least offered it as an optional extra. It is not like they are some mythical unicorn on this side of the pond as Ford will happily sell you a transit connect with the QuickClear windshield.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
I like the idea about the wrong way alert but unfortunately most of the wrong way crashes are the result of a 1999 Chevrolet caprice driven by a guy who is so drunk he can’t find his own nut sack. Often times The wife and kids are along for the ride

No GPS no screen and no ability for him to read it anyway

Jes sayin. Maybe when we update the national fleet of losers
Sponsored

Last edited: