What features do you think Ford will include in PowerUp 3.0+

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Now that Ford is rolling out OTA PowerUps up to 2.8.3 to enable BlueCruise for all eligible vehicles, I have started wondering what Ford has planned for the next round of OTA updates.

We do see intelligent range predictions being pushed out via OTA to EA members, and there is mention of a new user interface coming later this fall.

I know we all have a wish list, but I would like to know what do you all think Ford will actually push
out, aside from the highly demanded frunk button?

Summary of what should be possible, "easy" wins:
-Unlock more usable range for 2021 models to match 2022 models.
- On-Route pre-conditioning
- Charging power in the IPC or Infotainment screens
-Frunk Button (on infotainment and FordPass app)
-On-demand pre-conditioning or temp control from the FordPass app
-Power/regen meter from the GT or Lightning
-Pet Mode
-Intelligent range predictions
-Full screen Android Auto

Personally, these alone would make for a very satisfying series of future PoweUps for Mach-E and Lightning owners.
Sponsored

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Expanded screen Android Auto!

OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I want the power/regen meter in the ipc like the gt models have. Idk why ford didnt give that to everyone! Thats such a key piece of info
The power and regent meter would be great to have! This already exists for the GT, so it would be a super simple addition. Another easy win and beneficial for all owners.

OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Keep climate on / pet mode should be a quick win, i think.
I think Summon might be coming, too.
As someone with a dog in the family, Pet mode would be another easy win that adds a lot of utility!

I would also love the ability to precondition the Mach-E from the app without having to set a pre-conditioning schedule. If I want to turn on the car and set the heat or AC, I should be able to do that! Technically, the logic is there already with the scheduled pre-conditioning, just make it available without having to set a schedule that I will have to go and delete afterwards.

The current preconditioning is alright but the logic that uses the last setting on the climate controls has been annoying some times where the day before was warm so I had the AC on but the following morning is cold. When I remote started the car, it turned on the car with the AC on a cold day.

Perhaps using the auto climate function would be a way around this but I like manually turning off the AC and heating while driving to maximize efficiency and range.

OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
There has been a lot of great ideas so far and to summarize the super easy wins that Ford could implement quickly due to the functionality already being available in some capacity:

-Frunk Button (on infotainment and FordPass app)
-Pet Mode
-Full screen Android Auto
Personally, these alone would make for a very satisfying PoweUp.

I'm not sure what is involved in full screen Android auto, is that a change Google needs to make or Ford?

Last edited:

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
All good suggestions. Thank you for compiling, and hopefully the Mach E product team at Ford is following this thread.

I'm betting the Power / Regen meter was an intentional way to differentiate the GT trim from the Premium. Those trims seem very similar to each other, and I bet they worked to make as many things unique to the GT as possible. Even though its just software and could easily be ported to the non-GT IPC display.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I want the power/regen meter in the ipc like the gt models have. Idk why ford didnt give that to everyone! Thats such a key piece of info
[/QUOTE
Preventing contactors from melting in the HVBJB probably gets priority, but also..

r e m o t e

f r u n k

b u t t o n
I have it on my app. and somehow managed to get it tp pop open using the key pad on the door. Seems like the number 8 is the one for the frunk? my door code has an 8 so when i enter it the Frunk opens now. pretty cool... NOT..... Try that.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
There has been a lot of great ideas so far and to summarize the super easy wins that Ford could implement quickly due to the functionality already being available in some capacity:

-Frunk Button
-Pet Mode

Personally, these alone would make for a very satisfying PoweUp.

I'm not sure what is involved in full screen Android auto, is that a change Google needs to make or Ford?
Its a Ford change. The Lightning already has it. Any new sync builds going forward should include it as well.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I just wish my Brake coach worked on all Levels not just One mode, I forgot its name.
I would like to understand how to set up the door keypad so I can open my door, frunk, trunk. Right now I enter my code and the Frunk Opens.
I would like to see a little more tweaking on the lane centering and following distance braking. In town it freaks me out as I approach a stopped car and I am cruising at 45+ mph and suddenly the brakes slam on. But yet the sensor picks up on the highway perfectly....
Sponsored