What Happened to Voice Recognition

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Anyone else seeing that voice recognition has become almost useless? I have to say that for the near year now that I've been driving my car, I've been very impressed with the accuracy of voice recognition, until recently. I noticed some minor misfires after OTA 2.1, but after OTA 2.3 it's now unusable. It was 0 for 10 today trying to dial from contacts, and 0 for 2 trying to find an address. Two of the people I most frequently call (wife and daughter who works at Ford) no longer resolve. I still don't know how, "OK Ford, call Mary" turned into repeatedly choosing one of the three Jim's in my contacts, and it manages to choose the one I haven't reached out to in more than 10 years each time!! The only command it got right was, "OK Ford, call Ford!!"

This is now two strikes where OTA has let me down. I don't like the new volume button display in 2.3 and now voice recognition appears to be down for the count. I have kept OTA enabled in hopes that the PaaK update will come down, and I will finally get a Sync update that improves profile selection. For some unknown reason, my car keeps choosing the profile assigned to my kids which has no PaaK or Phone settings, just a memory button and the spare key FOB.

OTA's should have fixes and add new features, but not take away or change existing ones in my opinion. I hate to admit it, but if this is the future of OTA experiences, I may go the route others have gone and turn them off.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Anyone else seeing that voice recognition has become almost useless? I have to say that for the near year now that I've been driving my car, I've been very impressed with the accuracy of voice recognition, until recently. I noticed some minor misfires after OTA 2.1, but after OTA 2.3 it's now unusable. It was 0 for 10 today trying to dial from contacts, and 0 for 2 trying to find an address. Two of the people I most frequently call (wife and daughter who works at Ford) no longer resolve. I still don't know how, "OK Ford, call Mary" turned into repeatedly choosing one of the three Jim's in my contacts, and it manages to choose the one I haven't reached out to in more than 10 years each time!! The only command it got right was, "OK Ford, call Ford!!"

This is now two strikes where OTA has let me down. I don't like the new volume button display in 2.3 and now voice recognition appears to be down for the count. I have kept OTA enabled in hopes that the PaaK update will come down, and I will finally get a Sync update that improves profile selection. For some unknown reason, my car keeps choosing the profile assigned to my kids which has no PaaK or Phone settings, just a memory button and the spare key FOB.

OTA's should have fixes and add new features, but not take away or change existing ones in my opinion. I hate to admit it, but if this is the future of OTA experiences, I may go the route others have gone and turn them off.
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I can look into this concern you have with your OTA update on my end.