What home charger are you happy with?

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Totally disagree. My utility gave me $500 for buying my JuiceBox and having access to the data. Great deal.

Laughing at an unheated garage in Dallas.
We had 10 degree F weather during the unusual cold snap last week but thankfully inside my garage was 40 degrees so 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I got the Grizz E based on reviews here and there. If I was to do it over I would probably research the Electrify America level 2 charger. I have a plan with EA now for DCFC.

OP
OP

Bob K.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Premium ER AWD, 2023 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Retired lawyer
Country flag
We had 10 degree F weather during the unusual cold snap last week but thankfully inside my garage was 40 degrees so 🤷‍♂️
Where in Dallas are you? I'm in North Dallas. Bob

OP
OP

Bob K.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Premium ER AWD, 2023 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Retired lawyer
Country flag
Im in the mid cities area. We should do a cars and coffee this Sunday now that the weather is nice again!
I have a new friend who lives in Richardson. We've had lunch once and he wants to meet up again in the next few days. He also has a GTPE. Mine is just a Premium AWD ER. Want to join us for lunch?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I went with the Grizzl-E after watching some of the review videos done by "State of Charge" Very informative and he has done reviews on all the popular brands as well.

Tony
I have had this charger for almost 2 years now. Not a smart charger, but has performed problem free, and does all I need at a good price.

Mini166

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. RWD/SR,Lexus RX350, Dodge Ram Eco-Diesel
Country flag
My sister who got rid of her Fusion gave me this Bosch so I didn’t have to purchase. I had a 240 plug installed so that I can upgrade at some point if needed (on the electrician’s suggestion). But after reading this thread, would an upgrade need to be hard-wired anyway??

Except for the app dropping my scheduling the first night, it seems to work great. After reading this thread, having a smart charger might be a better option eventually. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Ford Mustang Mach-E What home charger are you happy with? 1672502939843

GrantK

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select AWD
Country flag
I would put Nema 14-50 outlet, use the charger that comes with car.

The Ford 32Amp charging overnight is actually OK for 50 miles / days driving. It is well-built, in my opinion. Except for the cable heat building up to 50C.

Would consider another charger:\ with:

> Wifi to control charging time and remote monitoring
> Bigger charging cable that does no heat up as much (energy wasted)
+1

I don't need to carry my charger around with me, so I just leave it plugged into a 14-50 socket in my garage. I have a 64 mile (round trip) commute and my car is always charged with hours to spare.

Lenny

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
waiting for Mach-E 2023
Country flag
I'll be getting a 2022 Mach-E very soon and want to know which home charger to have installed inside an unheated garage in Dallas. Some cold weather but usually not more than a few days at a time. Any consensus on good ones to buy? Any to avoid? Thanks!
I installed 240V outlet in the garage and I am happy with the charger included in the package with new car

sparkout

First Name
Cliff O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The one ford gives you in the trunk is just fine. I wouldn't pay for a different one, cold cables have no effect and 30 Amp suits almost everyone.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
I'll be getting a 2022 Mach-E very soon and want to know which home charger to have installed inside an unheated garage in Dallas. Some cold weather but usually not more than a few days at a time. Any consensus on good ones to buy? Any to avoid? Thanks!
I have both the Grizzl-e and the Autel. Both have good features, just different. The reason I have two was to prove the errors in charging was the MME and not the chargers. (The charge port was replaced and solved the issue.)

The Grizzl-e is really well made and from Canada. The cord remains flexible in colder weather.

The Autel is a smart charger with bells and whistles and I'm using it now. The cord is stiff in the cold.
Be aware the smart chargers display the KW used, but it doesn't account for the energy that the unit uses. I have a meter before the Autel and that is spot on.

BTW, I don't need 2 chargers and would like to sell the Grizzl-e. The company replaced it as I originally thought the errors were due to the charger, so it's only been used a couple of times. I don't want to reinstall it as the Autel mounting holes wouldn't be covered up.

If you are interested in purchasing the Grizzl-e, Private message me. Low Price.

Stang505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTPE
Country flag
I'll second the Charge Point Home Flex. Been using it for past 6 months with no issues. Although the convenience of setting current limits in the phone app no longer exists so you need to reset and reconfigure if you want to change the current settings.

The phone app works well keeping track of monthly trends for kwhr, cost, and charge miles.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME22 Premium AWD ER Ice Blue
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm in Dallas also. We got the Grizzl-e Classic (Avalanche edition...white). It is running $349 at the moment...shipping was $42. We ordered directly from Grizzl-e as opposed to using Amazon. The Classic is not a "smart" charger, just plug to the car and use the car (or Ford Pass app) to set charging parameters. It works great.

https://grizzl-e.com/product/usa/grizzl-e-special-edition/grizzl-e-avalanche-edition/

Ford Mustang Mach-E What home charger are you happy with? 1672502939843
I have the same one. Works great. If your house wiring is not capable of a 60 amp breaker for the outlet, you can set this one lower. I'm in a condo, and I could only get a 30 amp breaker in the garage. I set the Grizzl-e at 24 amps (each stage in the setup has to drop down), which gives me about 16-18 miles per hour of charge. That is fine for my overnight charging pattern.