What if I'm not present when Mach-e reaches the dealership

bharos92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Premium
Country flag
My Mach-e premium is reaching the dealership in the week of October 8th. I need to travel out of US for emergency during this time and will only be back after 3 weeks.

The dealer is saying I need to be present or the order will be forfeited. I know that they are selling cancelled orders for 15k markup so it might be beneficial for them.
I asked whether I can finish the paper work ahead and they said it's not possible until they complete the inspection.

Please help me on what I can do in this situation. My best options are:
1. Completing paperwork ahead
2. Getting the car in someone else's name

Both the options are not accepted by dealership. Please help!
Sponsored

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Not a good situation and 3 weeks is over my own time frame/limit that I feel dealers should hold an order. A nice dealer will keep it for you probably, but 3 weeks is too long IMO to leave a dealer hanging. Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll be delayed further and work out.

Can you just buy it (actually pay all the $$, not just sign stuff), docusign remotely as well and have it sit there on the lot?

If you're at the bad dealer in the bay area (which sells orders from folks under them), I think this may end negatively.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
You have 5 days to get married... Or you could try another type of contract with the dealership. Like yngwenli said, you could ask to fork over the money as a non-refundable purchase price deposit or think of some other way to show them that you're serious (15k deposit?) along with your emergency note/plane tickets.

Sorry, tough spot to be in but 3 weeks is a long time to ask for a favor - esp since you can still back out at anytime and they can sell it for 15k anytime.

OP
OP

bharos92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Premium
Country flag
Yes, I'm willing to pay the whole amount beforehand if needed. And finish all the paperwork this week.
But the dealership is saying that they can't get anything started until car arrives. Not sure If they are trying to make me forfeit the order.

OP
OP

bharos92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Premium
Country flag
Rescheduled my trip... Nothing else helped much for me :-(
Still to get the car as the date is delayed. Yet to see if they will come up with some ADM games even after all this wait
Sponsored