Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
What is everyone using to play music in their MME other than the radio? I want to be able to play music without using data, and I don’t have an extensive iTunes library. Thanks
Sponsored

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
You Tube Music - Android Auto. I have Google Fi (ever since it was Project Fi pay per use). When they lowered the monthly by 10$ with a flat rate unlimited data (just last month). I became a YouTube music subscriber (~10$/month)

The free version had limited features in the Mach E / Android Auto. I think I was only able to only to play the music I bought and transferred to YTM. Without using data.

I used about 11 gig last month in data but that's just not only music streaming in car.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've loaded music into my phone's internal storage. I can play that in the car via Omnia or similar apps, via Android Auto or just via Bluetooth... Sounds decent (to me) either way.

Some folks load music to USB flash drives...

I sometimes play streaming music (e.g. Pandora). It's not really that much data.

But my personal #1 option is to listen to podcast episodes from my subscriptions in Podcast Addict.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I don't listen to much, but I've been loading music on my phone (via Musicbee) and playing via Android Auto with the Musicolet app. Pretty happy with the results after figuring out file structure since it can sync directly to my phone any playlists (which automatically pulls the song and album image) without me doing anything else.

I assume you'll need to use some data if you stream any music from the phone.

None of this may help you though since I assume you are running Apple/IOS. Maybe Spotify on carplay would be good.

Last edited:

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
We have a lifetime subscription to SiriusXM so that gets played a lot, and the Mrs has a 256GB USB C, full of her music plugged in, and I have a 256GB USB A, full of my music plugged in.

/note:the Mach E can play FLAC

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Put music on a usb stick...

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What is everyone using to play music in their MME other than the radio? I want to be able to play music without using data, and I don’t have an extensive iTunes library. Thanks
CarPlay lossless flac thru foobar2000 100% of the time to date. The old garbage in equals garbage out philosophy. System is not bad not my home system but decent enough. You need to rip your cd’s. 90 gigs of it here but it is not required to be that over the top.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
if you don't want to use data, SiriusXM, FM radio, downloaded music on your phone/USB should all work. some music apps such as youtube music can create smart download list so you don't have to add songs one by one.

I've lost SiriusXM subscription, so mostly listen to FM and youtube music.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Others have already posted the two options that let you listen without using data:
1. USB drive
2. Music stored locally on your phone and stream via Bluetooth, CarPlay, Android Auto, or USB.

But I want to take this opportunity to complain about the USB functionality. Sync will not let you browse your USB if the car is moving. It is sooooo annoying. I can change radio stations, XM, do all kinds of crap on my phone, and yet I cannot browse the USB? It is so horrible because if you are stuck on an album and you want to listen to something else, you cannot change it while moving. Arrrg!!!

And sometimes, Sync will say it cannot find my USB even though it is still playing the music. Ford is not a software company, as we are reminded every single time we drive the car.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
YouTube music. I have unlimited data and good coverage but if your data is limited and/or coverage is poor then you can download the music in YouTube music beforehand when you're on wifi.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We have a lifetime subscription to SiriusXM so that gets played a lot, and
My colleague has a lifetime to Sirius. You are probably one of the early subscribers who signed on when Sirius just started. I think he payed $500 for a lifetime subscription. Of course they don't offer that anymore.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YouTube music. I have unlimited data and good coverage but if your data is limited and/or coverage is poor then you can download the music in YouTube music beforehand when you're on wifi.

Yea, I am with Google Fi, they use three carriers depending on where you are at so I never lose coverage.
Sponsored