Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Wireless CarPlay with Soundcheck turned off and lossless files (even though not really over BT) sounds great to me
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Wireless CarPlay. I do subscribe to Apple Music and iTunes Match. I also have an ā€œunlimitedā€ data plan.

OP
OP
MachEMaster

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Car Play from iPhone now and then. But really, normally SiriusXM for music and local NPR via FM.
I am awaiting delivery of my MME. Does SiriusXM come with a free trial on the very?
1654807949044.png
I use pandora the most, but like and use all of these.
[/QUOTE
Same... Just play via Android Auto.
I picked up my ride yesterday! I listened to Sirius XM Tom Petty Station, and then I asked Alexa to play an offline Amazon Music playlist. Itā€™s funny because most of the songs on the playlist are from the CDs in the binder of my gas guzzler I just had to retire. I plan on putting tunes on a USB, and building my library. Thanks for posting how you are all rocking out in your MME. I listen to classic rock, grungeā€¦ Everything from
Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STPā€¦. To 80ā€™s Gangster rap, NWA, If it ainā€™t ruffā€¦.cause I can pump it when the kids are in the car. Haha! Rage against the machine, I even like Willy Nelson, Kenny Rodgers, Waylon Jennings. I have really been rocking to Bob Seger Ramblin Man lately.

The sound system on the Select isnā€™t bad, just not great.

Last edited:

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
PocketCast or Plexamp

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Others have already posted the two options that let you listen without using data:
1. USB drive
2. Music stored locally on your phone and stream via Bluetooth, CarPlay, Android Auto, or USB.

But I want to take this opportunity to complain about the USB functionality. Sync will not let you browse your USB if the car is moving. It is sooooo annoying. I can change radio stations, XM, do all kinds of crap on my phone, and yet I cannot browse the USB? It is so horrible because if you are stuck on an album and you want to listen to something else, you cannot change it while moving. Arrrg!!!

And sometimes, Sync will say it cannot find my USB even though it is still playing the music. Ford is not a software company, as we are reminded every single time we drive the car.
A similar frustration is the Apple CarPlay inexplicably limits your downloaded Apple Music available to be selected while driving to only music recently listened to! I'm not a teenager who wants to listen to the same stuff over and over again. Grrr! The only other way to play other music is to either use Siri (which I find is really bad at recognizing song and album titles) or halting the damn car! Not only that, but if you're in stop and go traffic and are trying to make a music selection while stopped, if you don't finish before moving the app makes you start all over again at the next stop šŸ˜– ! It wasn't like this on my Volvo (which only had wired Apple CarPlay), so I don't know to what extent this is an Apple thing or a Ford thing.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
A similar frustration is the Apple CarPlay inexplicably limits your downloaded Apple Music available to be selected while driving to only music recently listened to! I'm not a teenager who wants to listen to the same stuff over and over again. Grrr! The only other way to play other music is to either use Siri (which I find is really bad at recognizing song and album titles) or halting the damn car! Not only that, but if you're in stop and go traffic and are trying to make a music selection while stopped, if you don't finish before moving the app makes you start all over again at the next stop šŸ˜– ! It wasn't like this on my Volvo (which only had wired Apple CarPlay), so I don't know to what extent this is an Apple thing or a Ford thing.
Hey but I started trying out the voice commands and they work really well! I said "play The Pixies Surfer Rosa" and while I slurred part of the sentence, it started playing immediately. Very impressive.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Hey but I started trying out the voice commands and they work really well! I said "play The Pixies Surfer Rosa" and while I slurred part of the sentence, it started playing immediately. Very impressive.
That was using the Ford voice commands with music on the USB stick?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads