Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
What is your hurry? If you want your Mach-E sooner, just go to the Mexican assembly plant and buy one fresh offf the line! I have waited for my cars and enjoy then for a longer time, too. My present 2014 Fusion Hybrid was manufactured in Mexico in September 2013, and I bought it in September 2015 two years after it was manufactured. It is my best car ever after five years of ownership, and I have driven many cars since 1968.

Just keep calm and let Ford do its job with care, then you will get a great product.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Recalls, CFO's leaving after a short time, debt crisis. The MME can't get here fast enough to start topping the EV charts and making Ford money.

700k Recalls

CFO Jumping Ship

Bankruptcy Soon?
Ford is not going bankrupt; for years the same predictions were made about Tesla. More importantly Ford doesn't try to game the system when it comes to defects and outright makes a recall and fixes the problems instead of blaming the customer or changing the terms of the warranty.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Recalls, CFO's leaving after a short time, debt crisis. The MME can't get here fast enough to start topping the EV charts and making Ford money.

700k Recalls

CFO Jumping Ship

Bankruptcy Soon?
1. Recalls happen all the time. Nothing new there.
2. He was fired. Such things are always done in a manner to save face for the departing executive and allow them to go elsewhere and participate in their own personal Peter Principal experiment.
3. Yeah, no.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Ford is not going bankrupt; for years the same predictions were made about Tesla. More importantly Ford doesn't try to game the system when it comes to defects and outright makes a recall and fixes the problems instead of blaming the customer or changing the terms of the warranty.
Um... the millions of Focus DPS6 owners on their 5th, 6th, or 7th (or more!) repairs and still unfixed, unsafe transmissions would surely think you're describing Ford there with your "blaming the customer" and not fixing safety issues statement :p

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Um... the millions of Focus DPS6 owners on their 5th, 6th, or 7th (or more!) repairs and still unfixed, unsafe transmissions would surely think you're describing Ford there with your "blaming the customer" and not fixing safety issues statement :p
My Fiesta's DPS6 is fixed now.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
My job is in finance and I would be very careful of anything you learn in a Youtube video especially a financial review. I would suggest instead reviewing the financial statements yourself. https://shareholder.ford.com/investors/financials-and-filings/default.aspx

Their Q2 report shows Ford has increased their cash and cash equivalents by $9B from 2019Q2 to 2020Q2. Additionally, much of the debt the video author quoted is actually the debt Ford uses to finance their loans and leases to buyers. That is very different than operational debt. It also matters whether or not it is recourse or non-recourse debt.

Ford does not have as a good of a balance sheet as GM but Ford also did not declare bankruptcy like GM did 11 years. GM finally got smart that it is not about being the biggest producer. Instead is about being in a profitable position. That is reason they purposely shrunk operations world wide to focus on positive earning assets.

There is always a risk of bankruptcy with any company but is in a decent position now. If they can roll out their BEV operations in China, they will be even better. That market has a greater potential than the US.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

700k Recalls

CFO Jumping Ship

Bankruptcy Soon?
lol ford is in great shape. no bankruptcy. recalls happen all the time. And the auto manufacturers bill it back to the supplier's whos parts are at fault.

The demand for the F-series truck is so high right now. Been 7 days a week since June. Today no work, Suppliers that make the brake calipers can't keep up and ran out of parts.
over 900 f series roll of the line a shift at the plant. Still can't make them quick enough.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Yikes, at the expense of political correctness, the "deep 6" was a Getrag 3rd world transmission trying to compete in 1st world countries. You are never going to make people happy who are spoiled with a smooth torque converter transmission by trying to give them a dry clutch manual modified to shift automatically. Not gonna happen. That thing prolly had more lab testing than any other recent transmission, but you just can't make that basic design better than it is right now. Definitely safe, just not smooth shifting.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Yikes, at the expense of political correctness, the "deep 6" was a Getrag 3rd world transmission trying to compete in 1st world countries. You are never going to make people happy who are spoiled with a smooth torque converter transmission by trying to give them a dry clutch manual modified to shift automatically. Not gonna happen. That thing prolly had more lab testing than any other recent transmission, but you just can't make that basic design better than it is right now. Definitely safe, just not smooth shifting.
"3rd world" designed in Germany with gears made in Italy?
Sponsored