What is the exact date of the HVBJB recall?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The recall was filed with the NHTSA on June 10th. But the delivery hold notice wasn't sent to dealers until June 13th (which was also the date the NHTSA acknowledged the submission). So I don't see how dealers could be penalized for deliveries before the June 13 date.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Interesting development: got a call back from the sales manager who had been on with his Ford rep who was able to work this out. It's now in the Ford system, I get to keep the car, get my plates etc, and he told me as soon as the fix is available he'll get me in and out quickly. Nice.
Thatā€™s the way they should all be

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The recall was filed with the NHTSA on June 10th. But the delivery hold notice wasn't sent to dealers until June 13th (which was also the date the NHTSA acknowledged the submission). So I don't see how dealers could be penalized for deliveries before the June 13 date.
Wow, that's crazy stuff. Assuming the government would utilize LOGIC and REASON in something? šŸ¤£

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Can you read what he writes because members can be more ignorant to other members then that here. Not only can they set it up for them not to see your posts but they can ban you from seeing theirs. What a shitty way of running a forum in my opinion. I know unless you are a member in some forms you can not see all info (download links etc.) but I have never been on a forum where you can not see info because you are a member and another member has decided what he posts is for everyone but you. Pretty gross and a disgusting thing what happens on this forum. Membership has it disadvantages here you need to log out to take full advantage of the information. @Administrator šŸ–• fix it.
Iā€™ve literally never heard from the admin on here, which isnā€™t surprising, cause all of these forums exist to just sell ads and they are all owned by the same company

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I can't make 80 year old men grow-up any more than they are.
I am not 80 (yet) but I am guilty of not having grown up and probably wonā€™t grow up much more than I have. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

Last edited:

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
What an absolute shit show with Ford and the dealers. My car is on its way to recall prison at the dealer but if I drove it off the lot already, there is no way I would be bringing it back. The MacheGate recall is bearly unfolding. I want my OTA recall fix done asap and rescue my car because once they realize/admit it is not going so well (parts are actually needed, power reductions etc.) its going to get very messy. Future forum post headlines>> "My Car is in its fourth month waiting for its OTA recall fix". Funny how we all think July is going to fix everyone's car in one giant update... OTA is easy for Ford??

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
What an absolute shit show with Ford and the dealers. My car is on its way to recall prison at the dealer but if I drove it off the lot already, there is no way I would be bringing it back. The MacheGate recall is bearly unfolding. I want my OTA recall fix done asap and rescue my car because once they realize/admit it is not going so well (parts are actually needed, power reductions etc.) its going to get very messy. Future forum post headlines>> "My Car is in its fourth month waiting for its OTA recall fix". Funny how we all think July is going to fix everyone's car in one giant update... OTA is easy for Ford??
Fully get your frustration here! One catch is that if the sales manager at my dealership had not worked it out with Ford but instead had insisted that I bring it in, I would frankly be stuck since I would not be able to get the registration completed and get my permanent plates. In the end, I told him I'd do what he thinks is best. I didn't come out of the gate telling him it's his problem. He was was very appreciative and that may have pushed him to go the extra mile and work it out with Ford. In situations like this it doesn't hurt to convey that one is willing to flexible. Of course it didn't hurt that they have been great to deal with all along so had built up that trust.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Keep in mind that the fine, if assessed, is "UP TO" $21,000. It could be $50.

OP
OP

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
That must be why the Ford rep was able to pull it off. Itā€™s odd that NHTSA would only acknowledge the submission on the 13th and yet date the recall as effective on the 10th. That just leads to a lot of confusion.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This whole stop sale rule is a little bit silly. Unless there is a recommendation that all owners immediately stop driving their vehicles pending a fix, people should just be required to sign an acknowledgment that they understand the pending issue, get their new vehicle, and go their merry way.

Glad OP didn't have to give his vehicle up.
Sponsored