What is the G-force on the 0-60 in the GT?

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I have placed an order for a GTPE. What is the acceleration like from 50 to 70 or 40 to 70. That's my two lane passing performance question.
The 2.0 50-70mph is fast no matter what yardstick you’re measuring by. Full stop.
Sponsored

GT500R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P
Country flag
I have placed an order for a GTPE. What is the acceleration like from 50 to 70 or 40 to 70. That's my two lane passing performance question.
Quick, but not where it should be based on similar “competitioned” cars.

it gets really bad above 70, like really bad

60-100: 7.9-8.8s
70-100: 6.8-7.8s
80-100: 5.4-6.4s

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Quick, but not where it should be based on similar “competitioned” cars.

it gets really bad above 70, like really bad

60-100: 7.9-8.8s
70-100: 6.8-7.8s
80-100: 5.4-6.4s
I think the torque is falling off at high RPM. It needs another gear.

Also, the battery pack may need to be redesigned for high sustained power draw. My guess is the battery pack was designed for lower power draw than GT or GTPE, but some others decided to push it. It's the only way Ford can write a spec that compares to the MY performance version. The Model Y should not be operated at that power level for long durations either. It will shorten the life of the battery.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think the torque is falling off at high RPM. It needs another gear.

Also, the battery pack may need to be redesigned for high sustained power draw. My guess is the battery pack was designed for lower power draw than GT or GTPE, but some others decided to push it. It's the only way Ford can write a spec that compares to the MY performance version. The Model Y should not be operated at that power level for long durations either. It will shorten the life of the battery.
Gearing won’t help high speed acceleration much if at all. You could increase top speed (because you wouldn’t run out of rpm), but for BEV acceleration, the battery and motors can only supply so much “juice.”

Having a 2 speed like in the Taycan helps 0-60 times and increases top speed, but likely no effect on 60-100 for example vs a 1 speed.

The GT issue is the now “well documented here” 5 second limit on full power.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag

Colt

First Name
Aundre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I need to know, as I just picked up my Shadow Black GT and punched it getting onto 95 in Virginia...and it literally took my breath away and made me feel like I was either jumping to warp or about to have an out-of-body experience. Anyone who doubts whether the MME should be in the Pony stable hasn't been in one. Period. End of story.
Im w/ you 100% on that.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I need to know, as I just picked up my Shadow Black GT and punched it getting onto 95 in Virginia...and it literally took my breath away and made me feel like I was either jumping to warp or about to have an out-of-body experience. Anyone who doubts whether the MME should be in the Pony stable hasn't been in one. Period. End of story.
Have you tried flooring it at 75?

I don't think it should be in the Pony stable and I assure you I have been in one.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Give this a shot and see if it compares to a Tesla, I seriously doubt it since you only get 5 seconds peak power!

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My base Tesla model 3 (standard range RWD) seemed to have more power from 50-75 mph than my MME standard premium AWD. MME is way faster off the line. I wish it would do both.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
My (soon to be former) Tesla Model 3 (stealth) Performance has been called "organ re-arranging quick" and the g-meter tops out at 0.9 on the track mode readout. The funny thing is, I've done it so many times (my 3 year old loves to say "Go fast, daddy" and I'm happy to oblige) that it doesn't bother me any more. I suppose race drivers and fighter pilots get used to it too.

Hopefully the GT will have the same effect on passengers (so much fun to watch), but sadly I've already grown immune to it. Some immunity, anyway - it's still so awesome to floor it and be at the next traffic light before the person next to you has even crossed the intersection.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Except that I have had mine for 50 weeks now, and still don’t consider it a Mustang. For me, it has nothing to do with the vehicles performance, it has everything to do with taking a vehicle that has always been a coupe, and making it into a sedan or station wagon (depending on how you want to look at it.

OP
OP
jgillmer

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
Except that I have had mine for 50 weeks now, and still don’t consider it a Mustang. For me, it has nothing to do with the vehicles performance, it has everything to do with taking a vehicle that has always been a coupe, and making it into a sedan or station wagon (depending on how you want to look at it.
[/QUOTE
I had an interesting experiebce this morning getting onto the EZ Pass lanes of the DC beltway. A guy in a Shelby 350 gunned it out of the ramp. I was able to stick to his bumper up to the 100 mph mark, only easing off because I'm in no position to go to jail on a reckless driving beef. Amazing part wasn't that I could keep up with him, it was that I hadn't even fully gunned it.

I understand your perspective, and others, about the Mustang emblem on non coupes, but there is no doubt in my mind, on a performance level, the MME is a legit force in the stable.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I had an interesting experiebce this morning getting onto the EZ Pass lanes of the DC beltway. A guy in a Shelby 350 gunned it out of the ramp. I was able to stick to his bumper up to the 100 mph mark, only easing off because I'm in no position to go to jail on a reckless driving beef. Amazing part wasn't that I could keep up with him, it was that I hadn't even fully gunned it.

I understand your perspective, and others, about the Mustang emblem on non coupes, but there is no doubt in my mind, on a performance level, the MME is a legit force in the stable.
Beyond a shadow of a doubt This is the quickest car I’ve ever driven, let alone owned. My First Edition launches so hard that the idea of cars that are even quicker off the line is kinda scary. For my everyday drive, the performance level of this car is amazing.

I have said, since they unveiled this car, that I think calling it a Mustang is a mistake. I’m fine with saying it’s “The SUB with the soul of a Mustang”, or“The Electric Vehicle inspired by the Mustang”, but that nameplate used to mean something, and I feel like that “thing” that made the Mustang special is gone now. And it makes me sad.

OP
OP
jgillmer

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
Beyond a shadow of a doubt This is the quickest car I’ve ever driven, let alone owned. My First Edition launches so hard that the idea of cars that are even quicker off the line is kinda scary. For my everyday drive, the performance level of this car is amazing.

I have said, since they unveiled this car, that I think calling it a Mustang is a mistake. I’m fine with saying it’s “The SUB with the soul of a Mustang”, or“The Electric Vehicle inspired by the Mustang”, but that nameplate used to mean something, and I feel like that “thing” that made the Mustang special is gone now. And it makes me sad.
I respect your point of view. A close friend of mine, when I shared with him both the story above and of the debate about using the nameplate earlier today, has a similar perspective. As he said, "look, the Mach E can stand on its own because it is a beast of a vehicle - it doesn't need a big name boost." Fair point. That being said, gosh I wish I could have seen the Shelby GT 350 owner's face when he couldn't shake me off his tail!

BTRYPWRDPONY

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE DMG
Country flag

Remember, they called this a mustang also. I've owned Mustangs since I was 16- have had quite a few including my last 2013 Shelby GT500. I have not received my GTPE nor rode in one yet, but the MachE is just the next evolution of vehicles. I love Mustangs and I don't think because it's larger/4 door and electric that takes away from the Mustang name. Just my opinion. Cheers!
Ford Mustang Mach-E What is the G-force on the 0-60 in the GT? 1646963325327
Sponsored