Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
How did you prevent yourself from going to fast? The brake?
Yes. I would let my car roll free, then scrub speed off with the brakes before entering the next turn. I managed to get the original brake pads and rotors on my Compass to last 121,042 miles before getting them done. the service tech said he had never seen pads that thin without metal to metal grinding. He was very impressed. He also said they likely would have started grinding within a day or two.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes. I would let my car roll free, then scrub speed off with the brakes before entering the next turn. I managed to get the original brake pads and rotors on my Compass to last 121,042 miles before getting them done. the service tech said he had never seen pads that thin without metal to metal grinding. He was very impressed. He also said they likely would have started grinding within a day or two.
Doing this same thing but without having to use the brakes is exactly what L is for in the MME. Might as well recapture some of that kinetic energy rather than just burn it off as heat.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Doing this same thing but without having to use the brakes is exactly what L is for in the MME. Might as well recapture some of that kinetic energy rather than just burn it off as heat.
I agree 100%. However, my keep compass didn’t have regenerative braking, so the best I could “safely“do was let it idle.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I read that one pedal does not increase regeneration.
If you are careful in your braking all the time you can regain most of the lost momentum without using one pedal. However with one-pedal off and 'coasting' or using L mode, I will notice the brake coach does not always indicate 100% recovery of energy. So I am not as efficient as the one-pedal algorithm.

Using one pedal will recapture 100% of the available energy in almost all circumstances. Although it is possible when you ease off the accelerator, you may slow more than you otherwise would (or want) were one-pedal not enabled and thereby open yourself to lost efficiency if your instinct is to accelerate again.
Sponsored