What is the latest on GT specs?

atlz_best

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Hey All,

I read a few GT threads and realized the GT specs have sorta "evolved"..lol...i guess there wasn't clarity back in Mar 2021 on what GT had vs. GT Perf Ed..
so it seems i still have questions!
Don't know if this site has a wiki that can be kept updated with the latest specs?

For e.g.
This is what my MME GT order looks like...
Dealer said these are incorrect rim pics....so what are the actual rims GT is supposed to have?

I have been debating GT vs GT PE since yesterday. Granted, i might be late to the party to make changes to it now but has there been any confirmation on what seats/8-way power options will the GT PE seats have?

I felt the e-AWD had fantastic torque and i really was keeping the GT for the magnaride, a bit disappointed its only in the GT PE ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E What is the latest on GT specs? 1626143863326
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
From everything I've been able to find the ONLY additions for the PE are:

PE Seats
PE Interior trim dressings
PE Wheels and Summer Tires
Magneride suspension
34 ft lbs more torque
Slightly more headroom?

That's it as I've found. In the early months the wording around the GT and PE made it sound like there was more different like larger brakes on the PE or the Unbridled extend mode being PE specific.

Of all of the above all I really would have preferred to order on its own would have been the Magneride.

Ford says once the vehicle's scheduled for production you cannot make changes to the order anymore and those are the GT (non pe) wheels.

OP
OP

atlz_best

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
I was hoping those would NOT be the GT wheels, they somehow look like ripped off a PowerWheels toy! Well more $$$ in the hole to get some other rims...lol

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
They look better without the aero inserts, IMO..but yeah they aren't great.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What is the latest on GT specs? 1626145793399

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I'm still not sure how unbridled extend works. How does it make your car last longer on the track? By limiting power?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Magneride was always specā€™d only for the PE. Itā€™s the reason I went with a PE.

According to what I have seen, Unbridled Extend reduces power output and regen in order to not pupt so much heat into the battery.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Magneride was always specā€™d only for the PE. Itā€™s the reason I went with a PE.

According to what I have seen, Unbridled Extend reduces power output and regen in order to not pupt so much heat into the battery.
Kinda ironic that the "track mode" makes it less performant.

Another question: what sized tires does GT have? I only know that it has 20 inch wheels.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
245/45R20 for both GT and GTPE. Continental All-Season for the GT (not sure which but wouldn't be surprised if the same as the Model Y which are Procontact RX) Summer for the PE, Pirelli (P zero?)

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Continental All-Season for the GT (not sure which but wouldn't be surprised if the same as the Model Y which are Procontact RX)
I'll have to take a look at that tire. I was hoping by now we'd know exactly which tire model was going on both the GT and GT PE. The Pirelli summer tire is probably a lot easier to narrow down / guess, but there seem to be quite a few possibilities for the Continental all-season. Not that it's that huge a deal, but I want to buy all-seasons for my GT PE and I'd like to at least check out the OEM GT tire as a first choice before deciding which one to go with.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
245/45R20 for both GT and GTPE. Continental All-Season for the GT (not sure which but wouldn't be surprised if the same as the Model Y which are Procontact RX) Summer for the PE, Pirelli (P zero?)
P Zero but with a "custom compound"

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hopefully not the ProContact RX, grip is subpar, and they're not quiet.

OP
OP

atlz_best

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Is there clarity on what the GT PE seats power options are? Are there pics yet?
I am not sure how diff the GT vs GT PE seats are: looks/bolstering/power options.

Really not liking how Ford is not clearly describing all GT vs GT PE diffs.

protatoblt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Is there clarity on what the GT PE seats power options are? Are there pics yet?
I am not sure how diff the GT vs GT PE seats are: looks/bolstering/power options.

Really not liking how Ford is not clearly describing all GT vs GT PE diffs.
@Ford Motor Company I think a lot of people feel this way, I've been waiting and waiting for more information on the GT's I'm absolutely shocked there still isn't any press reviews either.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From the few GTPE's I have seen online, and one today in person at a Roush facility in Wheat Ridge, CO, the tire is a Pirelli P Zero Elect. It is their tire that's specifically made for electric cars and comes on several makes including the Porsche Taycan.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What is the latest on GT specs? IMG_5224
Sponsored