What is the likelihood being able to see and sit inside a Mach E before our own shows up?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I really doubt Ford will extend the FE order deadline past Aug 1. These will be the initial production run and they will need hard numbers soon to have everything in place.

Remember also, there were only about 2,000 FE reservations accepted in NA --- probably about 1,500 in the US before they sold out after only 10 days.

There are about 3,000 Ford dealers in the US --- most will never see a FE.
I agree, that is the most likely case... That said, no official word leaves room for speculation of unlikely events... They could make them anyways and ship them out without a confirmed order (would be dependent on the dealer accepting it), or they could produce them when they produce the FE for other countries which have been delayed. They are almost the same as the premium, with a couple minor extra and different paint.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Reading all the posts about the limited First Edition and no longer remember seeing what the differences were from the Premium or if they were still available when I mad my reservation way back when. I just know when I raised my reservation for a Premium to an order last week, the dealer told me the actual car should arrive around February 14.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reading all the posts about the limited First Edition and no longer remember seeing what the differences were from the Premium or if they were still available when I mad my reservation way back when. I just know when I raised my reservation for a Premium to an order last week, the dealer told me the actual car should arrive around February 14.
If you did reserve a first edition, it would of been converted to a premium reservation because you missed the deadline to convert to an order for First Edition. On the plus side, the delta in price went from $1200-$1600 to $3200-3600 between premium and first edition.... (FE went down $1000, other models down $3000).

You are not missing much besides grabber blue option, red pained calipers, badging, etc...

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
If you did reserve a first edition, it would of been converted to a premium reservation because you missed the deadline to convert to an order for First Edition. On the plus side, the delta in price went from $1200-$1600 to $3200-3600 between premium and first edition.... (FE went down $1000, other models down $3000).

You are not missing much besides grabber blue option, red pained calipers, badging, etc...
OK, thanks. I may need to go out and buy some Red Caliper paint, and Badges, We Don't need no Stinking Badges!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The differences between an FE and an AWD premium are entirely cosmetic. You get the First Edition badging on the door sills. A somewhat different dash, body-color wheel well molding (or whatever Ford actually calls them), red brake calipers, and the possibility of the MME version of grabber blue for the car color.

No matter what our trim lines are, i think people will be pleased with the car.

Just my 2 bits worth, I've been known to be wrong.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
The differences between an FE and an AWD premium are entirely cosmetic. You get the First Edition badging on the door sills. A somewhat different dash, body-color wheel well molding (or whatever Ford actually calls them), red brake calipers, and the possibility of the MME version of grabber blue for the car color. But yeah all cosmetic.

No matter what our trim lines are, i think people will be pleased with the car.

Just my 2 bits worth, I've been known to be wrong.
the seats also have colored piping (grabber blue for that exterior, red for all other colors)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the seats also have colored piping (grabber blue for that exterior, red for all other colors)
Ah yes, the OL different colored thread trick!

They actually look nice with it.

I have an infinite blue premium. If I want a faux FE, I’m going to have to work at it. And d as pend a lot. ;)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As a practical matter, you are entitled to take a test drive first. It may be in your own car, however. If your dealer has a demo vehicle before your car arrives, that won't be the case and you'll have the chance to bail before you break your made to order Mach-e's heart.

Your car may arrive early, the FCTP may arrive late, or your dealer may have forgotten to order one.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
As a practical matter, you are entitled to take a test drive first. It may be in your own car, however. If your dealer has a demo vehicle before your car arrives, that won't be the case and you'll have the chance to bail before you break your made to order Mach-e's heart.

Your car may arrive early, the FCTP may arrive late, or your dealer may have forgotten to order one.
No one is expected to buy a car without a test drive.

It is utterly ridiculous to think otherwise. Why is this even being discussed?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Sure, you don't have to buy, but that doesn't mean your deposit is refundable. Many dealers have stated it is, but not all.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

It's clearly stated on Ford's site that it's between the dealer and the customer. Once ordered, it's ridiculous to think you will get your deposit back unless you have it in writing from your dealer.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
It's clearly stated on Ford's site that it's between the dealer and the customer. Once ordered, it's ridiculous to think you will get your deposit back unless you have it in writing from your dealer.
As Johnny Mc says: "you can't be serious"!

Of course the dealer is going to give you your money back.

Nearly all of us put our deposit on a credit card

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As Johnny Mc says: "you can't be serious"!

Of course the dealer is going to give you your money back.

Nearly all of us put our deposit on a credit card
Most, yes, but not all. We've already had some people here report on dealers that said the deposit is non-refundable. It's totally up to each dealer, which is why it was wise to get that clarified up-front before giving a deposit to the dealer. (Not Ford, the reservation deposits were different than the dealer's order deposit.)

Whether it was on credit card or other payment form is irrelevant.
Sponsored