What is the likelihood being able to see and sit inside a Mach E before our own shows up?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Also, you don't have anything in writing saying the dealer said they would give your money back or they wouldn't. many dealers win this way.
Sponsored

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
This is true. Has to be a contract. Now, what is a big if. Does the dealership somewhere in the store or on the website they own say the deposit is not refundable.
Right before the build week did the dealer call and confirm the build and at that point could also bring up the deposit.

Many of the consumer protection laws were crafted specifically with the auto industry in mind. After a purchase of a home (where you usually have the advice of a lawyer) an auto for most consumers is their second biggest purchase. There are more consumer complaints about auto dealerships than any other industry.

With this in mind, the statues are crystal clear: absence a signed contract, copy of which is given to the buyer that specifically and with clarity (not buried in fine print in the middle) states that a deposit is not refundable, then all deposits are.

Nothing on the dealer's website nor a telephone conversation changes this fact: to make a deposit non-refundable you need a signed contract copy given to the buyer.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, you don't have anything in writing saying the dealer said they would give your money back or they wouldn't. many dealers win this way.
Again you are wrong:

Once the dealer has your deposit, they are bound by the laws in their state.

For the upteenth time, the law is crystal clear with regard to deposits:

Without a signed contract, copy given to you as the buyer, that clearly states that the deposit is non-refundable, it is.

You do not have to prove that the deposit is refundable, the dealer has to show you agreed, in writing, that it is non-refundable.

Clearly you are not a lawyer, so before you post again, suggest you check with your lawyer.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Many of the consumer protection laws were crafted specifically with the auto industry in mind. After a purchase of a home (where you usually have the advice of a lawyer) an auto for most consumers is their second biggest purchase. There are more consumer complaints about auto dealerships than any other industry.

With this in mind, the statues are crystal clear: absence a signed contract, copy of which is given to the buyer that specifically and with clarity (not buried in fine print in the middle) states that a deposit is not refundable, then all deposits are.

Nothing on the dealer's website nor a telephone conversation changes this fact: to make a deposit non-refundable you need a signed contract copy given to the buyer.
yep, I agree that has to be signed. As I did before. I just stated things they try to do to get out of it.
And on the other end of it, the vehicle you ordered is not yours also unless a contract. They can sell it right in front of you. A reservation or order does not guarantee you the vehicle or the price of it.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope: wrong again:

Only if you did sign an electronic agreement that specifically said that the deposit was non-refundable would it be binding.

If you did not, why are you even bringing it up? Just to confuse?

You never answered the threshold question posed many posts ago:

Did you or did you not sign a contract, with a date, price and specific delivery date that included with clarity a statement that your $500 deposit was non-refundable?

I suspect you did not.

Without a signed contract this discussion is ended. The deposit is refundable.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Even if a dealership did not try to change the deal, was ready to finance, and did not do anything deceptive, a consumer can usually sue to get a deposit back. Courts will not permit a dealership to keep a deposit if it determines that the “liquidated damages” clause in that contract was excessive and was not intended as an estimate of the damages that a dealership would suffer if the consumer backed out of the deal. One decision by the Connecticut Supreme Court held that a business can enforce this type of clause only if:

(1) The damage which was to be expected as a result of a breach of the contract was uncertain in amount or difficult to prove; (2) there was an intent on the part of the parties to liquidate damages in advance; and (3) the amount stipulated was reasonable in the sense that it was not greatly disproportionate to the amount of the damage which, as the parties looked forward, seemed to be the presumable loss which would be sustained by the contractee in the event of a breach of the contract.

.d

In the typical car dealership deposit case, the application of this test will not support a dealership’s efforts to keep a deposit. The amount paid by different consumers varies wildly and has more to do with how much the dealership can get than any estimate of its damages. The deposit is frequently much more than the cost of the dealership employees in working on the deal and is sometimes more than the dealership would make in profit if the deal went through...

Sometimes consumers will benefit from consulting with a consumer attorney if a dealership refuses to return a deposit. Consumers might also be able to recover the security deposit from the dealership in small claims court.

The best strategy for the consumer is to avoid giving a significant deposit until after all contract terms have been disclosed and a final purchase decision has been made. Or, if a deposit is paid, consumers should insist that the dealership agrees in writing that the deposit will be refunded if the deal is not finalized.

Nope, not an attorney, and I just called one and was sent this. It's all about the writing, He did say certain priced vehicles luxury, dealers usually win since the cost determines that the liquidated damages are great.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
well if you look long enough your find it on here. No delivery date on it. It was even faxed to me and signed and faxed back since the dealer is very far away.
1. Does it contain a clause that says the deposit is non-refundable? Without that clause the deposit by law is refundable.
2. Without a delivery date, the contract is non unenforceable. Without a contract the security deposit by law, is refundable.

I hope this ends it for you!

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Even if a dealership did not try to change the deal, was ready to finance, and did not do anything deceptive, a consumer can usually sue to get a deposit back. Courts will not permit a dealership to keep a deposit if it determines that the “liquidated damages” clause in that contract was excessive and was not intended as an estimate of the damages that a dealership would suffer if the consumer backed out of the deal. One decision by the Connecticut Supreme Court held that a business can enforce this type of clause only if:

(1) The damage which was to be expected as a result of a breach of the contract was uncertain in amount or difficult to prove; (2) there was an intent on the part of the parties to liquidate damages in advance; and (3) the amount stipulated was reasonable in the sense that it was not greatly disproportionate to the amount of the damage which, as the parties looked forward, seemed to be the presumable loss which would be sustained by the contractee in the event of a breach of the contract.

.d

In the typical car dealership deposit case, the application of this test will not support a dealership’s efforts to keep a deposit. The amount paid by different consumers varies wildly and has more to do with how much the dealership can get than any estimate of its damages. The deposit is frequently much more than the cost of the dealership employees in working on the deal and is sometimes more than the dealership would make in profit if the deal went through...

Sometimes consumers will benefit from consulting with a consumer attorney if a dealership refuses to return a deposit. Consumers might also be able to recover the security deposit from the dealership in small claims court.

The best strategy for the consumer is to avoid giving a significant deposit until after all contract terms have been disclosed and a final purchase decision has been made. Or, if a deposit is paid, consumers should insist that the dealership agrees in writing that the deposit will be refunded if the deal is not finalized.

Nope, not an attorney, and I just called one and was sent this. It's all about the writing, He did say certain priced vehicles luxury, dealers usually win since the cost determines that the liquidated damages are great.
For the last time and please re-read you post:

You need a contract.

No contract: You get back your security deposit.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. Does it contain a clause that says the deposit is non-refundable? Without that clause the deposit by law is refundable.
2. Without a delivery date, the contract is non unenforceable. Without a contract the security deposit by law, is refundable.

I hope this ends it for you!
no, it says mine was refundable. that is what it says not that is not. Mine was refundable and also had a contract done for XPEL done that day also. Nothing of mine is saying I have a problem with not getting a refund.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For the last time and please re-read you post:

You need a contract.

No contract: You get back your security deposit.
I just said that is correct he told me the same thing. Need a contract. He even said always put your deposits on a credit card.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
no, it says mine was refundable. that is what it says not that is not. Mine was refundable and also had a contract done for XPEL done that day also. Nothing of mine is saying I have a problem with not getting a refund.
Glad yours is refundable.

Everyone else's is as well.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just said that is correct he told me the same thing. Need a contract. He even said always put your deposits on a credit card.
Glad your finally agree: need a contract and put deposit on a credit card.

Sorry it took you so many posts to accept what I have been saying.

You really didn't have to go to a lawyer: you could have just asked me!

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad your finally agree: need a contract and put deposit on a credit card.

Sorry it took you so many posts to accept what I have been saying.

You really didn't have to go to a lawyer: you could have just asked me!
I wanted to make sure what is right and if it is not I need to find out lol. He did say used car dealers are the worst.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wanted to make sure what is right and if it is not I need to find out lol. He did say used car dealers are the worst.
Actually you didn't:

You continued to post after post, totally inaccurate information. Each of your posts needed correction(s).

Hopefully those following this post will have taken the time to read you last post in which you finally agreed with my first posts on this subject:

• Unless there is a signed contract to the contrary, copy given to the buyer, the $500 deposit is refundable.

As I posted the best way to protect yourself is to put the deposit on a credit car.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually you didn't:

You continued to post after post, totally inaccurate information. Each of your posts needed correction(s).

Hopefully those following this post will have taken the time to read you last post in which you finally agreed with my first posts on this subject:

• Unless there is a signed contract to the contrary, copy given to the buyer, the $500 deposit is refundable.

As I posted the best way to protect yourself is to put the deposit on a credit car.
nothing i posted was saying you were wrong or right. I made my call to find out and put what that person said. the info I posted before the link was based on my own dealing. maybe you can go back and read what I posted. as I said that was my agreement with my purchase.
Sponsored